Extended Evening Hours Questions and Answers

That would be the ending time then, I guess. Thank you!

Nov 27 or 30, I think was the date that I was considering. Epcot Forever was slated for 9:30 so I assume that Epcot is open to everyone until that show is over. Should bring you up to something like 9:40 pm before many people start to exit the park.

I had trouble finding this on Disney's website as well. Finally, I found it under park hours information on the Touring Plans site.
I have an Epcot Park reservation on Nov 27 th and am staying at a deluxe and under MY Plans it says extended is 9:30-11:30 in case you don’t know yet

That is not he reason . Disney has never given a reason and they had EEH in both August and September after the MNSSHP had started . I n addition they had MK EEH all throughout party season last year.

They never had 2 parks with parties before. I’m sure every park needs a certain amount of downtime for maintenance. MK & Studios will have less time during party season for maintenance. Adding another late night would give them even less time. We almost never go to AK, but there are plenty of people who have wanted later nights there. As you said, they don’t give reasons, nothing is set in stone & they can change things at any time. So, they changed it.

This question may have been asked, but I can't find it. I don't have a park hopper ticket. Does that mean I can only attend EEH in a particular park if that was the park I went to that day? Or if MK has EEH on a certain day, can I go to AK during the day and still go to EEH at MK that evening?

If you do not have a park hopper ticket you will not be able to attend the EEH at the MK if you have reservations in another park that day. You might want to consider switching your park reservation to MK that day or upgrading your tickets to a park hoppe.

This question may have been asked, but I can't find it. I don't have a park hopper ticket. Does that mean I can only attend EEH in a particular park if that was the park I went to that day? Or if MK has EEH on a certain day, can I go to AK during the day and still go to EEH at MK that evening?

No, you can’t. Attending deluxe extra hours requires a valid admission. To attend 2 parks in 1 day, you need a park hopped ticket. You either need a park reservation for the park with extra hours or a park hopper ticket. Even when park reservations aren’t required next year, you would still need a park hopper ticket if you enter a different park earlier in the day.

They never had 2 parks with parties before. I’m sure every park needs a certain amount of downtime for maintenance. MK & Studios will have less time during party season for maintenance. Adding another late night would give them even less time. We almost never go to AK, but there are plenty of people who have wanted later nights there. As you said, they don’t give reasons, nothing is set in stone & they can change things at any time. So, they changed it.
OK , but they are still doing 2 parks per week with EEH and they know MK is the most popular park for this benefit so why take that benefit away from deluxe resort guests who want this resort specific perk ? MK is open for party nights that bring in extra $$$ , they won't sacrifice 1 party date for downtime or maintenance . Besides if an attraction (or attractions) needs immediate maintenance they could close them and keep the rest of the park open for EEH . It was open for EEH at the beginning of the MNSSHP dates this year for a month and a half before disappearing , and last year was available for the whole party season . It appears Disney is continuing to eliminate or reduce guest perks and benefits while continuing to raise prices , up charge for every little thing they can , and adding more and more after hours events and parties at premium prices .

OK , but they are still doing 2 parks per week with EEH and they know MK is the most popular park for this benefit so why take that benefit away from deluxe resort guests who want this resort specific perk ? MK is open for party nights that bring in extra $$$ , they won't sacrifice 1 party date for downtime or maintenance . Besides if an attraction (or attractions) needs immediate maintenance they could close them and keep the rest of the park open for EEH . It was open for EEH at the beginning of the MNSSHP dates this year for a month and a half before disappearing , and last year was available for the whole party season . It appears Disney is continuing to eliminate or reduce guest perks and benefits while continuing to raise prices , up charge for every little thing they can , and adding more and more after hours events and parties at premium prices .
Lots of deluxe guests go to the parties, so Disney is giving them the benefit of something different for their EEH nights.

EEH was at first a special perk for the 50th Anniversary and they have kept it going, which is great.

Hopefully, they will continue the perk despite these complaints about it.

I'm kinda with Captain america. Weird stuff for.our week we get 2 extended hour Epcot nights.on a Mon and thursday. And magic kingdom party nights galore. At the risk of sounding like complaining I'm just not seeing having 2 epcot nights as that great when we could have had At least 1 extended night at Mk, ak, or HS like other weeks.

How much do EEH effect the regular park hours? Will the day be busier? We are not staying Deluxe and I had originally planned my park days around not being in the parks that have EEH because I figured that increases the crowds in the afternoon/evening. Of course between EEH, parties, new nighttime show at Epcot, Candlelight Processional it is kind of a trick to move things around to nights that don't have extra stuff going on. So I should probably just do the days I want and forget about trying to get "the best day".

How much do EEH effect the regular park hours? Will the day be busier? We are not staying Deluxe and I had originally planned my park days around not being in the parks that have EEH because I figured that increases the crowds in the afternoon/evening. Of course between EEH, parties, new nighttime show at Epcot, Candlelight Processional it is kind of a trick to move things around to nights that don't have extra stuff going on. So I should probably just do the days I want and forget about trying to get "the best day".
I don't think there is much impact on the regular park day crowd. I suggest just doing the stuff you want to do and not worrying about it.

Could there be some more people in the park because of EEH? Perhaps, but it wasn't enough for me to notice.

Thanks. I’m thinking we won’t even stay. I’m shocked by how awesome G+ was for us today. Basically took care of everything.

It is kind of crazy they would do EEH and not have that ride open but it is what it is I guess.
This is late, so I am not sure if you bailed, but did stay. I was shocked at how well EEH worked at DHS that night. Just about everything was a walk on. DS did MSR twice in a row, once all by himself LOL

We did EEH at DHS on both 9/30 and 10/5 and it was great both times. A little less crowded on 9/30, but I think overall the parks were just quieter that weekend. Rise is definitely closed for EEH, but they were letting people on all the way to 9 pm both nights. On 9/30, we did rise around 8 pm and it was a walk on -- which was absolutely nuts (45 min posted wait). On, 10/5 my husband and son waited 60 min for Rise at 8:30 pm (75 min posted wait). On 9/30, we did MFSR at 9pm (no wait and any position you wanted) and then we split up b/c older kid wanted RNR and ToT while younger one wanted SDD all night long. Longest wait we had during EEH was ~25 min for SDD (40 min posted wait) on 10/5. Everything else was walk-on. Absolute best park for EEH due to compact size and number of ride options. Highly recommend.

We did EEH at DHS on both 9/30 and 10/5 and it was great both times. A little less crowded on 9/30, but I think overall the parks were just quieter that weekend. Rise is definitely closed for EEH, but they were letting people on all the way to 9 pm both nights. On 9/30, we did rise around 8 pm and it was a walk on -- which was absolutely nuts (45 min posted wait). On, 10/5 my husband and son waited 60 min for Rise at 8:30 pm (75 min posted wait). On 9/30, we did MFSR at 9pm (no wait and any position you wanted) and then we split up b/c older kid wanted RNR and ToT while younger one wanted SDD all night long. Longest wait we had during EEH was ~25 min for SDD (40 min posted wait) on 10/5. Everything else was walk-on. Absolute best park for EEH due to compact size and number of ride options. Highly recommend.
Thank you for sharing! I was looking for current experiences at HS. Just today, I realized we have EEH on our arrival day. I wasn't sure if it would be worth hopping over around Epcot closing. We will play it by ear, but it's added as a possibility.

Thanks so much for this information! We'll be doing EEH at DHS next Wednesday. What food options are open for the extra two hours?

Thanks so much for this information! We'll be doing EEH at DHS next Wednesday. What food options are open for the extra two hours?
We focused on the rides but did pick up blue milk in the Star Wars area. I’m pretty sure Woody’s lunch box quick service was also open.

We did EEH at Epcot and DHS last week, and I was traveling by Skyliner from Riviera. EEH was 9-11pm both nights. I think that they had posted that the Skyliner service would stop at 10:30pm, an hour and a half past normal close, but 30 minutes before the end of EEH.

For Epcot EEH, I asked a Skyliner CM by the International Gateway, and he said that for returning to Riviera, they still run later; I forget the exact time, but it was at least 30 minutes after the end of EEH. I did ride back slightly after 11pm.

For DHS EEH, I asked 3 different Skyliner CMs and mentioned EEH, and they all insisted that it would stop at 10:30, which is 30 minutes before EEH finished. They said that there should be bus transportation back to Riviera after that. We decided to head back by Skyliner slightly before 10:30. We were a little bummed that it ate into our EEH time.

We did EEH at Epcot and DHS last week, and I was traveling by Skyliner from Riviera. EEH was 9-11pm both nights. I think that they had posted that the Skyliner service would stop at 10:30pm, an hour and a half past normal close, but 30 minutes before the end of EEH.

For Epcot EEH, I asked a Skyliner CM by the International Gateway, and he said that for returning to Riviera, they still run later; I forget the exact time, but it was at least 30 minutes after the end of EEH. I did ride back slightly after 11pm.

For DHS EEH, I asked 3 different Skyliner CMs and mentioned EEH, and they all insisted that it would stop at 10:30, which is 30 minutes before EEH finished. They said that there should be bus transportation back to Riviera after that. We decided to head back by Skyliner slightly before 10:30. We were a little bummed that it ate into our EEH time.
Can you share a little more about Epcot hours? What was available, wait times, was it worth it?

Can you share a little more about Epcot hours? What was available, wait times, was it worth it?
If you're staying at a Deluxe resort, yes, it is definitely worth it. By itself, I'm not sure if EEH is worth it to upgrade to a Deluxe resort if you're planning to stay elsewhere.

During EEH, Remy's & Frozen are open, but world showcase is roped off and closed between France and Norway. The day I went (Oct 9), Remy's was down at rope-drop, so that threw a kink into my morning plans. Arriving/leaving through the International Gateway & Skyliner, I decided to aim for Remy's near the end of EEH. Remy's was a walk-on within the final 10 minutes of EEH.

I set an alarm on my watch for a couple of minutes before 6pm so I was ready to join the VQ for GotG during EEH. I got a boarding group that was called maybe 30 to 45 minutes into EEH, and it was nearly a walk-on into the pre-pre-show room.

I did single rider line for Test Track, and it was short. I don't remember what the normal line for TT was like.

Mission Space had a short line.

The line for Frozen moved along pretty quickly. Maybe 15-20 minutes for that.

I think my longest wait was for Soarin at maybe 20-25 minutes, which was much better than it was earlier in the day.

Earlier in the day, I did Spaceship Earth, Nemo, and Living with the Land, so I didn't try to do them during EEH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter