Expired tickets

A lot of us are in this same boat. I plan to call and ask for a refund. Too many variables to hang on to the tickets which we know 100% we will not be using before December 16, 2021.

A lot of us are in this same boat. I plan to call and ask for a refund. Too many variables to hang on to the tickets which we know 100% we will not be using before December 16, 2021.

This is what I did with our CDN resident parkhoppers (w/ Maxpass) that were purchased in early 2020. I recognize that we are likely to not get the same deal when we are ready to return, but there is just so much uncertainty right now, and I'd prefer to just buy tickets again when we are ready. I was directed to the chat feature online and had my tickets refunded on my credit card within a couple of days.

This is what I did with our CDN resident parkhoppers (w/ Maxpass) that were purchased in early 2020. I recognize that we are likely to not get the same deal when we are ready to return, but there is just so much uncertainty right now, and I'd prefer to just buy tickets again when we are ready. I was directed to the chat feature online and had my tickets refunded on my credit card within a couple of days.
You were able to get a refund?

I'm currently on the app, waiting for a CM to answer. Here's hoping!

Has anyone had any progress with their expired tickets? I was on the phone yesterday, to the number posted in this thread, and the cast member was really nice. But, I didn't get any resolution to my tickets purchased 1/4/2020. My tickets are loaded in my app and they do not show an expiration date but as far as we know it's 12/16/2021, at least that is what was said last year, during the shutdown.

I explained I want to go 12/22-26 and I need to make reservations soon. The supervisor suggested I buy new tickets and use those to make reservations for that week, then save the old tickets for later. :crazy2: Or it was also suggested that I upgrade these tickets in the app to Magic Key when that becomes available, which still won't get me a reservation during Christmas week. (We live in Phoenix, I'm not going top-tier Magic Key). I'm prepared to pay any difference in pricing but the cast member said that I actually paid more for the tickets than I would now? I guess if we are including the Max Pass fees, then yes.

So earlier in the week, I sent an email to the email address posted here. And yesterday I used the "contact us" form at the bottom of the website, per the cast member's suggestion. https://disneyland.disney.go.com/help/email/

The cast member did assure me that I can get a refund for the Max Pass purchase on my park hoppers, so that is good. It will come in the form of a gift card and I included that in my email. Just waiting to hear back!

Mich311e please post any reply you receive. I am in the same boat. To purchase thru UC now expire 12/16, but we are going Christmas week. I was going to call Disney, but it sounds like th at won't be productive. And if UC won't replace tix, that would be a bust as well. This is so frustrating! I guess I should have had UC refund when the pandemic first hit, but I figured I'd we'd go sometime and it wouldn't be a problem.

Mich311e please post any reply you receive. I am in the same boat. To purchase thru UC now expire 12/16, but we are going Christmas week. I was going to call Disney, but it sounds like th at won't be productive. And if UC won't replace tix, that would be a bust as well. This is so frustrating! I guess I should have had UC refund when the pandemic first hit, but I figured I'd we'd go sometime and it wouldn't be a problem.

Hi, I would definitely suggest sending an email with your ticket numbers or whatever you have that identifies your order now. We are going to need to make reservations for Christmas week very soon as it's almost 120 days out. I'm hoping I get answer from Disney soon! 🤞🤞

Have you asked UC what they know about the expiration dates? Part of me thinks maybe they are extended and we just don't know. Disney is not helping those of us with pre-pandemic multi day tickets that need to make reservations. Some clarity would be great.

Hi, I would definitely suggest sending an email with your ticket numbers or whatever you have that identifies your order now. We are going to need to make reservations for Christmas week very soon as it's almost 120 days out. I'm hoping I get answer from Disney soon! 🤞🤞

Have you asked UC what they know about the expiration dates? Part of me thinks maybe they are extended and we just don't know. Disney is not helping those of us with pre-pandemic multi day tickets that need to make reservations. Some clarity would be great.
I know, it's just so frustrating! I will email UCT again. I contacted them a couple months ago and they said the expiration is December 16. I'll email Disney as well. The last person that responded wasn't helpful at all. I don't understand why they're making things so difficult for people who have already spent a good chunk of change on what should be a "magical" vacation.

Just updating with my reply from the third party seller. Still waiting on a reply from Disney. At the point, I am tempted to fly down to CA just to exchange the tickets at the booth so that I can make my reservations for Christmas. It should not be this hard!

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for reaching out and for your order number. Unfortuantely with these tickets the park is not extending them out any further, and they have discontinued releasing refunds for these tickets. We do not have a way to exchange them for tickets with a later expiration date as they are nonrefundable. With that being said, Disney's current recommendations are the same recommendations that we would have. I would suggest if you purchase your tickets before you get to the park next visit, you can use the value of these tickets towards upgrades on the new tickets as well as any other purchases that can be made through their Guest Services counter.
Thank you for making us part of your vacation.

You were able to get a refund?
Take this for what it's worth because it was almost a year ago, but I called and explained this exact dilemma to the CM who answered the phone. They had to get a supervisor involved, but the full value of my three 5-day tickets was refunded that night. They tried to do the whole "just upgrade at the gate" thing, but I explained that I can't fly with my family from states away just to get to the gate and have no reservation and no capacity. Maybe I just got a really cooperative/tired CM/supervisor, but it went very smoothly.

Just updating with my reply from the third party seller. Still waiting on a reply from Disney. At the point, I am tempted to fly down to CA just to exchange the tickets at the booth so that I can make my reservations for Christmas. It should not be this hard!

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for reaching out and for your order number. Unfortuantely with these tickets the park is not extending them out any further, and they have discontinued releasing refunds for these tickets. We do not have a way to exchange them for tickets with a later expiration date as they are nonrefundable. With that being said, Disney's current recommendations are the same recommendations that we would have. I would suggest if you purchase your tickets before you get to the park next visit, you can use the value of these tickets towards upgrades on the new tickets as well as any other purchases that can be made through their Guest Services counter.

Do they mean Disney has stopped releasing refunds? Because that's not true. Several of us have asked for, and received refunds as recently as last week. I would push back on this.

Good Afternoon,

Do you have the physical tickets in hand? Is there a friend or family member in CA that can do this for you?

I have the tickets that were emailed to me. I do not have anyone in CA that could help me out.

Where's wall-e, I did push back, but got nowhere. It may very well depend on the rep. Should I keep trying with this vendor or is Disney my only hope? This was her reply to the pushback:

I definitely understand the frustration, we unfortunately are held by contracts with the park and are only able to do what they allow with their tickets. This is not a policy that we are holding but a policy that we are obligated to follow.

Do they mean Disney has stopped releasing refunds? Because that's not true. Several of us have asked for, and received refunds as recently as last week. I would push back on this.
It appears that Disney is no longer refunding the resellers so they in turn will not refund the tickets. Although the response of exchanging at the gate is a terrible suggestion now that you need park reservations. That would only be a reasonable solution for someone local.

It appears that Disney is no longer refunding the resellers so they in turn will not refund the tickets. Although the response of exchanging at the gate is a terrible suggestion now that you need park reservations. That would only be a reasonable solution for someone local.

Ahh, thanks for clarifying. Agreed, unless you're local, you can't just "go" to the booth to deal with this.

As for my refund, it came through yesterday. I wish everyone luck with refunds!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter