Experts! What about this package price?

georgiapeach60

Mouseketeer
I have a quote of $1269.54 for Feb 7-10. It includes 3 nights at the HRH(garden view), 2 day pass for Universal and IOA, one lunch or dinner at HR cafe or select Universal restaurant, a nickelodean tote bag or mug(filled with choice of beverage) for kids up to 17yo. It said something about a free water taxi to and from places but I just assumed that was free anyway and they threw it in to sound good. What do you think? Good deal or should I do it seperately myself? I guess it would be good to add that it would be for 2 adults, one 17yo and one 8yo. Thanks

Hi georgiapeach,

Is this the amazing adventure package? A question...If you are staying 3 nights at Hard Rock wouldnt the passes they include be 3 day? I have broken down their packages many many times. The only time I have ever gotten a deal using a package with them is off season when they offered the sizzling savings package. Back in Dec I used that and it was a good deal. Packages are good if...1. You cant get a discounted hotel rate (entertainment, AAA or Fan club, AP)
2. You dont wanna do the work yourself.

Here it is broken down if you are able to get an entertainment rate for a gardenview room (or poolview or deluxe) .

Gardenview room Hard Rock say $130 a night including tax. Three nights....$390
Passes $320 for four people (2 day) another thought here....Get your passes from AAA buy 2 days get third day free. Same rate as above just an extra day.

One dinner at Hard Rock or selected restaurant say approx $100

The kids goodies (which really dont add up to much) lets be kind and say $50

As you mentioned too...Transportation free...yes it is anyway so no savings there.

Grand Total.....$ 860.00

Thats a savings of $409.54 if you do it on your own and get a discounted hotel rate. Plus your getting an extra day at the parks.Think of all the great meals you can eat with that savings!!

There are great suggestions and tips on how to save money on hotel (also some sites that offer discounted hotel rates) and park passes on this board. Hope you are able to take advantage of some:)

I looked into packages also for our trip planned in January and personaly I think you should do it all yourself. My package was for three nights Jan 7-9, with 2 adults and 2 children (4 & 8) = $1180. Sounded fine until I did the math and then I said forget it!!

Well, I actually just deleted my original intended post, because I scrolled down and saw that other's had answered. What I had done was break it down for you...and I came up with $820.00 for the trip you mentioned. (I think the only diff was that JessicaR was more generous with the kid's tote bag thing)....I also recommended the Entertainment rate...using AAA for tickets (and possibly getting 3rd day free)...and a $120.00 dinner.

I say definately do it yourself...unless they come up with a better deal!

Have fun!

Trust me...before I came on this board, all I was doing was going to Daytona to see family and friends..and the beach. I thought that MAYBE I'd take the kids over to IOA for a day...and now because of the deals I've learned of from this board...and all the info on FOTL.....MY plans have grown!!!

Thanks for the info. I have the 2002 E book ordered but HRH won't talk about E rates until at least Sept. I will look into it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter