Experiencing the Reimagined Top of the World Lounge - A Villains Lair!

I wonder why they're just doing one month at a time? Hoping for a 9/18 reservation, guess I'll have to wait until September to book it??

How do you book the Villains Lair, by called Member Services? Or is there a link?

I wonder why they're just doing one month at a time? Hoping for a 9/18 reservation, guess I'll have to wait until September to book it??

My guess is that they only want to run it as long as it remains popular. By doing one month at a time, it allows them to make decisions based on how it is going. This first month was very popular...many nights sold out and I think that is why it was extended.

Is October able to be booked?
Thank you.

I just booked this for Sep 3. CM told me that we could arrive any time we wanted, but that we couldn't check in for the actual event until 8 PM. Prior to that she said it would be first come first serve.

I'm looking forward to this! And for what it's worth, I only waited a couple of minutes to get someone from MS on the phone. That was a nice surprise.

Edited to add: I think this was established as the case a while ago, but as there was some confusion in the beginning as to what constitutes a qualifying reservation - our onsite stay was booked with a combination of direct and resale points. There was no issue booking the event. The topic never even came up.

Last edited:
The current special event, Wicket Wind Down, is $55/person. You call MS to reserve, but it ends Aug 11th…no word if it is being extended yet…

If it is not, then there is nothing to reserve any more and you simply show up…if it’s full, you go on a waitlist and they text you when there is room.

If it is continued, then you can pay for the event which guarantees your table until 30 minutes before fireworks.

In that case, any night it is sold out, chances are when you go on the waitlist, you won’t get called back until closer to 9:00 pm.
What is included with that “table”
Any drinks or food?
Thanks

If this policy changes, please post updates here. I don't go back until January, but would book this the minute I'm able to! :)
Just today, dates from August 12 to September 12 opened up. So you may need to monitor these boards and/or the DVC Member website month to month.

What is included with that “table”
Any drinks or food?
Thanks

For the Wicked Wind Down event, you pay $55/person. You get your table and it include an appetizer, drink and dessert. It does not include tax and gratuity.

Now, the rules seem a little different. Now, you check in for the event at 8:00 pm instead of anytime you want.

You can show up earlier but go with the FCFS aspect of it but once 8 pm hits, then you are guaranteed your table.

Maybe this is so those that come earlier who don’t buy the event might have a chance to go up and hang out at a table until those who have reservations enter?

It seems like that might be tough…but we will see how it goes.

Maybe this is so those that come earlier who don’t buy the event might have a chance to go up and hang out at a table until those who have reservations enter?
I hope so - otherwise IMHO it doesn’t make any sense to say TOTWL opens at 6.

But then do they tell them they have to leave the table now, the paid people are coming?
LOL, I wonder about that too! Maybe they won’t reserve ALL the tables. I’m sure they’re getting complaints from members who wanted to go up and then leave before the fireworks but weren’t allowed.

Just want to add an update to what I posted earlier about the 8:00 PM check in time. The MS services rep was very clear that we could not check in prior to 8:00 PM for the Wicked Wind Down event. She said we could come earlier, but it would be first come first serve. Then several hours later I received my confirmation email that reverted back to what folks have reported for the last few weeks. It said to check in any time after 6:00 but no later than 30 minutes before the fireworks.

I'm a bit confused, but I can share this. The MS rep I talked to on the phone went out of her way to make it clear that we could not check in until 8:00 PM for the WWD. I'm guessing that the tables are setting empty for the first couple of hours and this a change to correct that. But I'm not sure how it's going to all play out. We have a reserved table beginning at 8:00 PM. Somehow they are going to have to make that happen. Ejecter seats :goodvibes ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter