Experiencing the Reimagined Top of the World Lounge - A Villains Lair!

Seems like a really odd combination - DVC, Contemporary, and Villains.... But I'm sure it'll work for many! It's too great of a space and location to waste.

Theming is fine--We're not huge into villains, but whatever. Just looking forward to getting back to that space again.:earsboy:

Looks cool. My family and I have never been here before but might check it out when we go in December. Just to clarify, do you have to be staying at BLT to go here or are any blue card members allowed in?

Just to clarify, do you have to be staying at BLT to go here or are any blue card members allowed in?
I don't think you have to be staying at BLT to gain admission. I know we visited TOTWL while staying on points at other resorts. But they changed some perks over the years, someone will chime-in with the correct info.

ETA: Do we have make the acronym TOTWLVL? I vote NO! ;)

Last edited:
Must have blue card, must have WDW resort reservation. From the official website:

Eligibility

Eligible Disney Vacation Club Members with access to Membership Extras––who are staying at a Disney-owned-and-operated hotel at Walt Disney World Resort (whether they booked with Vacation Points or cash)––may enjoy access to this exclusive space just outside Magic Kingdom park.

Party Size

Eligible Members and their guests staying on that Member’s reservation are eligible. Each eligible Membership can enjoy Top of the World Lounge access for one party per day—which can include eligible Members and guests staying on that Member's reservation. At least one Member in the traveling party must accompany the group and present their current MagicBand, digital Membership card and government-issued photo ID in order to gain admission to the lounge and observation deck. A Digital Disney Vacation Club Membership Card is also required to verify Membership eligibility.

I do wish they would have a table or per person minimum for the lounge. In the past we have experienced people going up to the lounge before fireworks and just camping out.

I do wish they would have a table or per person minimum for the lounge. In the past we have experienced people going up to the lounge before fireworks and just camping out.

I think we may see them capping the lounge now based on seating.because theey mention one is only allowed up one time. So I think your whole party will have to check in and that someone can’t leave to go get more guests later.

I am interested to see how things play out once it opens again.

I'm reading one time per day...I think???

Correct. It says that bring a group only once so I take that to mean you can’t go up with some guests and then a few hours later go back and bring another group up.

Now since everyone has to be on your reservation there is a limit anyway so I guess we will see how this works in practice.

But before, you could go up as many times as you wanted. We would go up and have a few drinks.. go back to the room and go back for fireworks without issue. It doesn’t sound like this is the case.

My guess will be that people trying for 8 pm
Or later could find themselves blocked out. I went plenty of times where seats were gone by then.

Did they give you a specific seating time or choice of different times to choose?

It’s open ended. You can show up any time but recommend at least 30 minutes before fireworks.

I am waiting to hear reports on how it works but with fireworks that night at 9:20, our plan right now is to show up around 8 pm.

Same. I will wait for reviews to see what the food options look like. We were told it was like a party buffet style with apps, drinks, and at least two dessert choices.

Correct. It says that bring a group only once so I take that to mean you can’t go up with some guests and then a few hours later go back and bring another group up.

Now since everyone has to be on your reservation there is a limit anyway so I guess we will see how this works in practice.

But before, you could go up as many times as you wanted. We would go up and have a few drinks.. go back to the room and go back for fireworks without issue. It doesn’t sound like this is the case.

My guess will be that people trying for 8 pm
Or later could find themselves blocked out. I went plenty of times where seats were gone by then.

Excuse me if this is a dumb question but are you saying you have to have a reservation to visit the lounge? DH and I will be staying at BLT this coming Jan and would like to visit one night if possible. Do I have to make a reservation prior to our trip? If so, I'm assuming I do this on the DVC member site, is that correct? Thanks, and I'm sorry if this was posted already, if it was, I guess I missed it.

Excuse me if this is a dumb question but are you saying you have to have a reservation to visit the lounge? DH and I will be staying at BLT this coming Jan and would like to visit one night if possible. Do I have to make a reservation prior to our trip? If so, I'm assuming I do this on the DVC member site, is that correct? Thanks, and I'm sorry if this was posted already, if it was, I guess I missed it.
I think all they have said is it has a specific cap, and it is FCFS. However they are doing reservations for tables, and if you have a reserved table it is yours the entire night (6pm-12am). So if they sell all the tables, it might have limited extra space? No idea how many tables vs standing area there is. But you definitely could be blocked from a table

I'm a blue card member and am curious about the "guests staying on a Member's reservation" -- do my guests need to booked in the same room as me? I have a trip planned in January where I booked a room for my friends using my points, and then I booked a studio for myself paying cash. Our reservations should be linked with the "traveling with" notation, but I'm not sure if this means they're staying on my reservation or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter