• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything Park Reservations - Please Read Post 1

Is there a consequence to missing a theme park reservation as an Annual Passholder at WDW? My friend was a Magic Key Holder at Disneyland and it was super strict from what she's told me, but I can't find any info on if it works the same at WDW. (Not planning on missing ressies, just want to be informed)

Is there a consequence to missing a theme park reservation as an Annual Passholder at WDW? My friend was a Magic Key Holder at Disneyland and it was super strict from what she's told me, but I can't find any info on if it works the same at WDW. (Not planning on missing ressies, just want to be informed)

There isn’t but at busier times of the year (holidays, etc.) when park reservations can be hard to secure, it’s helpful if guests can find a moment to hop online and cancel so that someone else can go.

We have “park reservations” for MK on NYE 2023- I know in the past the park has closed to entry once it filled to capacity and recommendations were to arrive very early to ensure entry- but if we have a reservation we should be able to enter even in the evening if we want correct? There should be no capacity reached as they shouldn’t give more reservations than capacity- right?

Correct, if you have a reservation you can arrive whatever time you want, enter, exit, re-enter as many times as you want. If they need to restrict capacity, they'll close the park to hopping, not to reservations.

We have made park reservations for Magic Kindom on Chirtmas Day. I know it will be crazy busy and the park often hits capacity early in the day. We want enjoy Christmas morning with our grandaughter before heading to the park. If the park has hit capacity, will we be able to still get in? TIA

Hello! Apologies for what is probably readily available, but I searched and cannot find it. I have AP vouchers that I will activate on Oct 26, when I check in to AKL. On Oct 28 we move to Vistana for 2 weeks. Is there a way to make theme park ressies now, or does it need to wait until I activate?

We have made park reservations for Magic Kindom on Chirtmas Day. I know it will be crazy busy and the park often hits capacity early in the day. We want enjoy Christmas morning with our grandaughter before heading to the park. If the park has hit capacity, will we be able to still get in? TIA
Please read post 1 of this thread as it covers park reservation details.

A park reservation grants you access to that park from open to close.

Question for those who have gone to Magic Kingdom on Thanksgiving Day- does the park typically close because it reaches capacity? We will be there, but my kids want to leave to eat at the resort and then go back to the park. I’m not sure if I have to worry about not getting back in. Thanks!

If you have reservations for MK that day, you can leave and return as many times as you want. If the park gets too crowded, Disney will close it to hopping. That’s one of the benefits of park reservations.

Starting to plan for our Early-May Trip, and we will have both AP and Ticketed Guests. Am I correct that the Ticketed Guests (dated tickets/resort stay) will NOT need to make Park Reservations?

A couple of us will buy our AP's over winter, and not activate until this trip---so I'm assuming we can reserve from our 'Resort Stay' booking (using the AP voucher)--this way we have the full day allotment of available reservation days (IIRC the AP without resort stays limits you to only like 5 park reservations)?

Starting to plan for our Early-May Trip, and we will have both AP and Ticketed Guests. Am I correct that the Ticketed Guests (dated tickets/resort stay) will NOT need to make Park Reservations?
Correct. Date based tickets no longer need park reservations starting Jan 9, 2024.
A couple of us will buy our AP's over winter, and not activate until this trip---so I'm assuming we can reserve from our 'Resort Stay' booking (using the AP voucher)--this way we have the full day allotment of available reservation days (IIRC the AP without resort stays limits you to only like 5 park reservations)?
As long as the AP and room reservation are linked to MDE, you will be able to make park reservations as an on-site AP holder.

Maybe I’m missing something? Currently I see all parks available. So naturally I figured I can edit my reservation for a different park and on my phone it says most days not available??? Should I call?

Maybe I’m missing something? Currently I see all parks available. So naturally I figured I can edit my reservation for a different park and on my phone it says most days not available??? Should I call?
Before calling I would recommend cancelling one of your Docot days (if you have one booked) to free up a reservation then you will be able to move all the others around and then at the end rebook Epcot.

Sometimes MDE glitches when you already have every day of your ticket booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter