Everything Park Reservations - Please Read Post 1

Seems the park hopping restriction of needing to tap in to first park still exists so just curious how you would handle this. Just FYI, we're staying at Beach Club so I'm not sure either scenario is terrible assuming I understand the rules ok.

We will arrive on Saturday 9/30. Flight is supposed to land at around 12:15 so I'm just going to assume we will be at Beach Club by 2pm or so. We're planning to take advantage of the DHS EEH that night so I currently have a reservation marked for that park. However, given the EEH situation likely leading to a pretty extended time at DHS we might prefer to go do a loop around F&W before heading over to DHS.

I'm thinking based on this it would probably be better to just have a reservation for Epcot. Because even if we decide we don't want to do a lap around F&W we could always just walk over, tap in, then walk over to the skyliner and hitch a ride to DHS from there. Does this sound logical?

Thanks!

(BTW, I'm really happy for those folks who don't have to deal with this reservation system starting in January!)
Unless you have an AP you will require a park reservation for whatever park you enter first. Park reservations have not been filling for a number of months so whatever park you book, if you decide not to make that your first park, you can go into the app and change it to the new park. You will not need to walk to that park only to tap in and leave.

Have a great trip!

HELP US PLAN FOR 2024!!!

We are flying in on Presidents’ Day weekend 2024.

We are planning Friday to Monday quick trip.
Flying direct to MCO/arriving noon
Leaving MCO 2-4pm back home.

We are doing one full day at MK (we are staying at the Contemporary).

Then 1 day each at AK and DHS.

If we stack all of rides at 7-9am Friday morning from our home airport, that should set our DHS evening nicely (4-9pm)…

However, what to do IF our friday FLIGHT IS DELAYED... Are we allowed to "cancel" the DHS trip and just “rebook” everything for Monday morning before w fly out?

I assume that as long as you do not SCAN in the park, you can modify which day you use a 3-day pass. Correct? Especially once park reservations are over.

Last edited:
HELP US PLAN FOR 2024!!!

We are flying in on Friday, and planning afternoon trip to a park. If we make Genie+/LL+ stacking before we land... and IF FLIGHT IS DELAYED... Are we allowed to "cancel" the trip and just use the 3-day ticket for Monday instead?

I assume that as long as you do not SCAN in the park, you can modify which day you use a 3-day pass. Correct? Especially once park reservations are over.
Sorry, not sure this is the correct thread for this question. What exactly are you asking about? When is your trip?

Unfortunately too much missing information to correctly respond to your question.

Our park dates are Nov 20-23 and we will stay on property. We don't have hoppers and aren't attending any parties. In order to see the fireworks, we would need to schedule MK on the 20th or 23rd. I'm leaning towards MK on Thanksgiving Day. For those of you that have been in MK on turkey day, did you have any issue leaving the park and getting back in? I'm not sure I want to eat in the park, so I'm considering booking a resort or Disney Springs sit-down meal.

I know MK is notoriously busy on Thanksgiving, but I feel it might be worse on that Monday. In 2021 we spent Thanksgiving Day in AK and it was great - no issue with crowds at all.

Haven't ever been for Thanksgiving, but on Christmas Day the year we were there for it, MK was closed first to off-property guests and ultimately everyone at around noon-1:00.

So we heard upon seeking to return to the GF from Epcot. Had to have our MBs scanned to prove we were staying there before being allowed onto the train.

I've never heard of MK closing on Thanksgiving, so I'd not worry about it myself. If it would close, it'll be in stages and unlikely to go beyond closed to off-property guests, I'd bet.

Our park dates are Nov 20-23 and we will stay on property. We don't have hoppers and aren't attending any parties. In order to see the fireworks, we would need to schedule MK on the 20th or 23rd. I'm leaning towards MK on Thanksgiving Day. For those of you that have been in MK on turkey day, did you have any issue leaving the park and getting back in? I'm not sure I want to eat in the park, so I'm considering booking a resort or Disney Springs sit-down meal.

I know MK is notoriously busy on Thanksgiving, but I feel it might be worse on that Monday. In 2021 we spent Thanksgiving Day in AK and it was great - no issue with crowds at all.
As park reservations are currently required, a park reservation guarantees you access to that park from open to close. You may leave and return.
Haven't ever been for Thanksgiving, but on Christmas Day the year we were there for it, MK was closed first to off-property guests and ultimately everyone at around noon-1:00.

So we heard upon seeking to return to the GF from Epcot. Had to have our MBs scanned to prove we were staying there before being allowed onto the train.

I've never heard of MK closing on Thanksgiving, so I'd not worry about it myself. If it would close, it'll be in stages and unlikely to go beyond closed to off-property guests, I'd bet.
This does not apply currently with park reservations so your response is not accurate for this year. Once they remove park reservations your experience may happen again but since OP is asking about this year we want to ensure to provide accurate information for 2023.

Ok after not having my AP for the last 2.5 years and 5 trips I will be upgrading my tickets to an AP in October however I have a question. I know when I do my 2 trips in 2024 I will need to make park reservations, as of now that is, but when I upgrade my tickets this year to an AP will I lose my park reservations I already have booked? My DH won't be getting an AP so I know his will be fine, just wondering about mine.

If I have an AP, can I make a park reservation, enter the park, and then modify the reservation to a different park to go to before 2pm?

If I have an AP, can I make a park reservation, enter the park, and then modify the reservation to a different park to go to before 2pm?
No. You will be stopped when you try to access the second park as it will recognize you have already entered a park. Nobody is eligible to park hop before 2PM. Some have tried and all report being stopped.

Once you have tapped into your first park I don't think it would even allow you to modify your reservation.

Please do not discuss on the boards how to try to skirt Disney rules/policies.

Have any other annual passholders with a resort stay tried to make park reservations for June or July 2024?

When I just check availability, all parks are available. When I actually try to make reservations, neither option will allow me to do so. If I try to make reservations for AP holders with resort stay, the calendar is blank with regards to showing park availability, but shows the days of my resort stay as slashed out or blocked out. If I try to make reservations for “all guests“, it shows the whole months of June and July as being slashed / blocked out. We have sorcerer passes and are staying DVC, so there are no blackout dates or non-applicable resort issues. I had no problems making AP resort-stay reservations for our 4 day fall trip this year. We have no other reservations, so it can’t even be due to the 5 AP reservations at-a-time limit. Anyone else experience this or have any thoughts?

Attachments

• 25D33E8E-0B2F-4716-9B75-2F7350EB41A1.jpeg
    25D33E8E-0B2F-4716-9B75-2F7350EB41A1.jpeg
    20.1 KB · Views: 3
  • FD0A2615-F852-4573-AE38-78C0FC1E6472.jpeg
    FD0A2615-F852-4573-AE38-78C0FC1E6472.jpeg
    20.5 KB · Views: 3
Have any other annual passholders with a resort stay tried to make park reservations for June or July 2024?

When I just check availability, all parks are available. When I actually try to make reservations, neither option will allow me to do so. If I try to make reservations for AP holders with resort stay, the calendar is blank with regards to showing park availability, but shows the days of my resort stay as slashed out or blocked out. If I try to make reservations for “all guests“, it shows the whole months of June and July as being slashed / blocked out. We have sorcerer passes and are staying DVC, so there are no blackout dates or non-applicable resort issues. I had no problems making AP resort-stay reservations for our 4 day fall trip this year. We have no other reservations, so it can’t even be due to the 5 AP reservations at-a-time limit. Anyone else experience this or have any thoughts?
Does your AP expire before then? If so you won’t be able to make reservations until you renew.

Does your AP expire before then? If so you won’t be able to make reservations until you renew.
I purchased the AP at the end of June, but have not activated it yet in a park. Maybe it’s related? If it is and it’s using that date as the AP start date, it’s still confusing as to why all of June 2024 would be blocked. I’d have no problem if I wanted to make May reservations.

I purchased the AP at the end of June, but have not activated it yet in a park. Maybe it’s related? If it is and it’s using that date as the AP start date, it’s still confusing as to why all of June 2024 would be blocked. I’d have no problem if I wanted to make May reservations.
When does MDE show that your AP will expire?

You only have one year from purchase date to activate your new AP. If you don't activate it by that anniversary date, it becomes just a credit on your account. Are the dates you are trying to book more than one year from the date you bought your AP? The system won't let you book a park reservation unless it sees that you have a ticket (of any kind) that will be valid or potentially will be valid on the date you're trying to reserve.

If that's the issue, you might have to wait until you activate your AP for your fall trip, then make park reservations for the June/July trip, so that the system can see that your AP will still be valid.

OR - something just occurred to me - will passholders with resort reservations be required to make park reservations in 2024? I know the offsite AP holders will have to make park reservations in 2024 but guests with date-based tickets won't. Maybe having a resort reservation puts you into the same bucket as guests with date-based tickets, and you don't need park reservations.

Last edited:
OR - something just occurred to me - will passholders with resort reservations be required to make park reservations in 2024? I know the offsite AP holders will have to make park reservations in 2024 but guests with date-based tickets won't. Maybe having a resort reservation puts you into the same bucket as guests with date-based tickets, and you don't need park reservations.
I’m holding out hope that it’s this! They have not stated that AP’s with 2024 resort reservations will be released from the park reservation requirement. I’m hoping it’s coming and this is a sign!

As you stated, I’ll see if anything changes after activating my AP during the fall trip. It just really seems odd that if that’s the case, it will allow me to make a park reservation up until 5/31/24 (roughly 11 months after my AP purchase).

I am having the same problem. My APs have been renewed and my hotel reservations made. I’m getting the same error. I tried to chat last night but the very nice cast member told me there is a problem with the system and to please check back in a few days. I’m hoping something good is changing!

I am having the same problem. My APs have been renewed and my hotel reservations made. I’m getting the same error. I tried to chat last night but the very nice cast member told me there is a problem with the system and to please check back in a few days. I’m hoping something good is changing!

Just asking out loud because I don’t know - will an AP who has a resort stay booked require park reservations? I know there are different buckets. Is an AP always an AP and therefore require a park reservation?

Just asking out loud because I don’t know - will an AP who has a resort stay booked require park reservations? I know there are different buckets. Is an AP always an AP and therefore require a park reservation?
The WDW site says “Annual passholders staying at a WDW resort or other select hotels are eligible to make theme park reservations for each day of their resort stay”
The wording is weird that it says “eligible” but other places it says required so I think that’s just their wording.
Plus there is a button for APs with resort stays to book their park passes but my dates are crossed out or “blocked”. I’m not sure if it is a glitch with my APs or if there is a change coming. It was off the CM member was unable to access the park pass system.

The WDW site says “Annual passholders staying at a WDW resort or other select hotels are eligible to make theme park reservations for each day of their resort stay”
The wording is weird that it says “eligible” but other places it says required so I think that’s just their wording.
Plus there is a button for APs with resort stays to book their park passes but my dates are crossed out or “blocked”. I’m not sure if it is a glitch with my APs or if there is a change coming. It was off the CM member was unable to access the park pass system.
Replying to my own post:
I chatted with a CM again and she told be she reached out to the passholder line and they said they are still working on getting theme park reservations available in the system. They didn't have a time frame.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter