Everything Park Hopping - Please Read Post 1

Going to MK 12/31 in the morning. Just made a ressie for Biergarten in Epcot at 330. If they are not accepting park reservations, would they let people into park hop after 2? Thanks
You can also try just booking Epcot even if the official calendar says full. I tried it a few times randomly and got a reservation to Epcot for 12/31 even without the reservation calendar showing availability. Good luck!

Going to MK 12/31 in the morning. Just made a ressie for Biergarten in Epcot at 330. If they are not accepting park reservations, would they let people into park hop after 2? Thanks
Your question has been merged with Everything Park Hopping thread. Please read post 1.

So far park hopping has always been allowed, even when all 4 parks were at capacity for reservations. The only exception to this is a few hours on Oct 1 when PH was not allowed to MK but then allowed again by early evening.

I would not anticipate it being a problem but, I’d also watch the boards around Thanksgiving and Christmas to see if any PH restrictions come up.

If you want to park hop, and the 2nd park was red/reserved/not available can you still go to it?

If you have one park booked in morning "AK" but you never were able to get there can you go to another park after 2pm ? or only if it is a green park? & if you miss going to 1st park do you have to redo your reservations?

You must scan into your reserved park before hopping. Hopping has only been unavailable for a short time on Oct. 1st. Park reservation calendar has nothing to do with hopping availability.

If you want to park hop, and the 2nd park was red/reserved/not available can you still go to it?

If you have one park booked in morning "AK" but you never were able to get there can you go to another park after 2pm ? or only if it is a green park? & if you miss going to 1st park do you have to redo your reservations?
Your question has been merged with the Everything Park Hopping thread. Please read post 1 for answers to all of your questions plus a lot more helpful information.

The parks are showing no availability for the days I'm there. I have a park reservation for DS. Does this mean I can only go into DS? If this is true will I get a refund for my hopper tickets since I wouldn't be able to use them? Thank you!

Your post has been merged with Everything Park Hopping thread. Post 1 has the historical info to date.

Normally yes, PH is allowed even when parks are at capacity but it’s good to check. I will also be monitoring and posting here as I can give the busy upcoming week.

Last edited:

Ok now I’m slightly panicking. We are going to WDW Dec 19-21. Our plan for Monday, Dec 20 is AK in the morning then park hop to MK at 2:00. Now it’s showing MK is sold out (for like the whole week). My park res is for AK since we can only do 1 park res a day. I’ve had such a nervous feeling about this exact scenario happening. Anyone know what the chances are of actually being able to get into MK at 2:00 on a full day? 😭 I know that I’ve read people have still been able to park hop to full parks in the past, but I believe I also saw where it wasn’t possible during the week of Oct 1. I guess in hindsight I should have made a park res for MK…hop to AK for a few hrs at 2:00…then back to MK. That just feels like a lot of bouncing around.
I have been wishing to see WDW with my family at Christmas for years, and now I feel like it’s becoming the most stressful and confusing Disney trip. 😥

Ok now I’m slightly panicking. We are going to WDW Dec 19-21. Our plan for Monday, Dec 20 is AK in the morning then park hop to MK at 2:00. Now it’s showing MK is sold out (for like the whole week). My park res is for AK since we can only do 1 park res a day. I’ve had such a nervous feeling about this exact scenario happening. Anyone know what the chances are of actually being able to get into MK at 2:00 on a full day? 😭 I know that I’ve read people have still been able to park hop to full parks in the past, but I believe I also saw where it wasn’t possible during the week of Oct 1. I guess in hindsight I should have made a park res for MK…hop to AK for a few hrs at 2:00…then back to MK. That just feels like a lot of bouncing around.
I have been wishing to see WDW with my family at Christmas for years, and now I feel like it’s becoming the most stressful and confusing Disney trip. 😥
Your post has been merged with the 'Everything Park Hopping' thread. Post 1 has details about hopping and historical information.

To date, the only time park hopping has been denied was for a hew hours on Oct 1, 2021 and only to MK. It opened again to hopping after a few hours.

Based on this data (and gathering data all spring when all 4 parks were at capacity for park reservations many days), your chances should be good to be able to hop.

I will continue to monitor and update this thread as this week goes by as it is a very busy week in the parks and many parks are full for reservations at this time. Watching this thread this week will give you a better indication of what might happen for you in December.

With the ap sales being halted, sold out park reservations and big crowds...will park hopping be halted? That would suck too.

Since the COVID restrictions ended, they haven't restricted park hopping entirely.

However, they have restricted individual parks, which is the more likely scenario - ie, no hopping to the Magic Kingdom. (That happened on 10/1.)

I wouldn't be surprised, for example, if they suspend park-hopping to Magic Kingdom and Epcot at some point on 12/31.

Otherwise, every indication is that they account for park-hopping when they calculate park reservation capacity.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised, for example, if they suspend park-hopping to Magic Kingdom and Epcot at some point on 12/31.

Looking at past history from decades of keeping track of guest behavior...
While I can see that it is possible that they might stop hopping to MK on 12/31,
I would not expect them to stop hopping to Epcot on 12/31.

Last edited:
While I can see that it is possible that they might stop hopping to MK on 12/31,
I would not expect them to stop hopping to Epcot on 12/31.

With the stoppage of ap sales.....I thought there would be a chance of it happening sooner and more frequently..Hope not tho!

I hope not because I have my trip planned next week with the expectation of hopping. If they ended hopping without notice, I’d have to cancel many ADRs

If so, do they refund your park hopper add-on?

Prior to park hopping being allowed (in 2020], they did refund the add-on on a gift card. It would be my guess that if park hopping wasn’t allowed during your stay, they would refund it. If park hopping was open to a park you didn’t want to hop to, they likely wouldn’t since you had the opportunity to hop.

If so, do they refund your park hopper add-on?
Prior to park hopping being allowed (in 2020], they did refund the add-on on a gift card. It would be my guess that if park hopping wasn’t allowed during your stay, they would refund it. If park hopping was open to a park you didn’t want to hop to, they likely wouldn’t since you had the opportunity to hop.

Please note that to date, park hopping has ALWAYS been allowed since it was reintroduced in Jan 2021.

There were a few hours on Fri, Oct 1 that it was stopped to MK but started again later in the afternoon.

I would plan on park hopping being allowed. Even this busy week when most/all parks have reached capacity for park reservations, park hopping has been allowed.

If I have a dining reservation at the 2nd park I’m going to before 2pm, will they allow me in earlier? Didn’t realize the 2pm when I booked

If I have a dining reservation at the 2nd park I’m going to before 2pm,
1. will they allow me in earlier?
2. Didn’t realize the 2pm when I booked
1. In general, no. (WHEN is your current ADR time?)
2. Try moving the ADR. (If might take a few tries.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter