Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

If you're staying on site, can book both at 7 AM. ILL's you pick your time. Lightning Lanes it's an assigned time, but you can try modifying to a later time if necessary. Book the Rat LL first, then book the ILL for GOTG.

This is all great information and a lot to go through. What I can say is I also have been looking for other avenues to learn tips and tricks.

Check out this podcast/video cast to subscribe to. A husband and wife team who have a love like us for Disney.

youtube.com/@disneyvibes

My son and daughter will be in HS on Tuesday, 8/15, we are checking in that day to BWI. I definitely am going to get them an ILL for ROR. Do you think they will need Genie plus too to ride the other rides at HS? My daughter loves RNR roller coaster and slinky. Will I find ILL on my disney app that morning to buy them? Also, anyone have any idea how much the ILL and genie plus cost for that date? Thanks for any help!

My son and daughter will be in HS on Tuesday, 8/15, we are checking in that day to BWI. I definitely am going to get them an ILL for ROR. Do you think they will need Genie plus too to ride the other rides at HS? My daughter loves RNR roller coaster and slinky. Will I find ILL on my disney app that morning to buy them? Also, anyone have any idea how much the ILL and genie plus cost for that date? Thanks for any help!
This past Thursday, ILL for RoR cost $22 per person. Genie + was also $22 per person for the day at HS.

I am still confused about ILL rides. When we go to HS, if we want to go on smugglers run and ROR, is it possible to do standby? The rides that have ILL, is it imperative that you purchase an ILL if you want to ride? We will be in HS this coming Tuesday. Do you think we need genie plus or ILL's? You have to wait every 2 hours before you can make another LL selection for the genie plus rides, so what's the point of spending extra? Am I missing something?

You can ride anything standby at WDW except for TRON and Guardian's of the Galaxy since they use Virtual Queues. It is not necessary to purchase ILL for anything in Hollywood Studios.

Beyond that, Rise of the Resistance is ILL, Smugglers is on Genie+, that is two different things. Personally, I hate standing in lines so we always buy Genie+. We usually don't purchase an ILL for Rise because we find the price to be ridiculous. If you are staying on site, get there for Early Entry and get on the first bus from your resort. Go to Rise first.

ETA: This video might help explain the differences, etc.:

Some ILL rides (like Rise, Flight of Passage in AK) also have stand by lines. You can either try for them first thing when the park opens or check the wait time in app and try to do them when the wait is shorter. Or purchase the ILL for a shorter wait.

Tron (MK) and Cosmic Rewind (Epcot) have virtual queues where you get a return time on the app. There is not stand by line, but ou also have the option to purchase ILL on those.

Genie+ is separate and is for the other attractions that have lightning lanes (including Smuggler's Run). You can book one every 2 hours OR after you've ridden the ride had booked. If you decide to get it, I recommend searching some Youtube videos on how best to use it (there are tons) or the main thread for Genie+ here on the DIS has good info.

Seriously considering another WDW trip next summer. Sorry if this has been discussed, but didn't find it with searching.

Have there been any updates regarding the ability to prebook G+ attractions next year (prior to start of WDW visit)?

How many allowed to prebook per day, how many days prior to visit, etc...

Thanks.

Seriously considering another WDW trip next summer. Sorry if this has been discussed, but didn't find it with searching.

Have there been any updates regarding the ability to prebook G+ attractions next year (prior to start of WDW visit)?

How many allowed to prebook per day, how many days prior to visit, etc...

Thanks.
No changes have been announced. Genie+ can be booked day of and first LL booked at 7AM.

Hi! Sorry if I missed this, but how late can you book a lightning lane for, or modify one for? Specifically looking for reservations in the last hour of regular park time TIA

Hi! Sorry if I missed this, but how late can you book a lightning lane for, or modify one for? Specifically looking for reservations in the last hour of regular park time TIA

I’m pretty sure the last LL available for an attraction is the last 30 mins a park is open but hopefully someone else will respond too. Since a LL only shows you the next available time, it’s a little harder to determine as it will only be guests who are trying to book the last few available for the day that will see this.

I hope someone can help me.
I simply cannot get the one attraction I select in the My Disney Day option to be at the top when I select Tip Board.
I go back to My Disney Day after it is not at the top of the list for Tip Board and it is selected.

Any ideas ?

Current Disney policy (unpublished) is that once a purchased ILL$ return time has arrived, guests can ride anytime from then until park close.

Does this always work? Or is it more up to the discretion of the CM at the attraction? Obviously we will always try to make it during our window but sometimes things happen. (Plus, it's our first WDW trip since 2012 so there will be a bit of a learning curve for us.)

Does this always work? Or is it more up to the discretion of the CM at the attraction? Obviously we will always try to make it during our window but sometimes things happen. (Plus, it's our first WDW trip since 2012 so there will be a bit of a learning curve for us.)
Thank you for your question. It is still the current policy except possibly for Tron which maintains their return window.

There have not been an reported cases of guests with an ILL$ being turned away. I don't believe we've ever had anyone purposely arrive late for their ILL$ for Tron due to the strict monitoring of return window. Guests don't want to risk it so we don't have any actual reports.

I have updated the post on page 1 with the Tron information based on your question. Thank you.

If we are going to galaxy cruiser and my wife has her own Disney experience account but I still see her in my friends and family list can I buy genie plus for her and ILL

Has anyone been able to book a multi park genie+ without a park hopper ticket? Wondering if we will be able to buy multi park genie + to use in MK between 4 and 7 on Halloween party night. We do not have park hopper tix and will be in ak that morning.
Just thought I would update this since our trip was last week. We were able to book the multi park genie+ even though we did not have park hoppers but did have a party ticket that night. I was able to book genie+ ll for the time period between 4 pm and 6 pm in mk after using it morning at AK. I just had to wait to book once that time period became available in g+. Worked great!

What a horrible service! No value add whatsoever. Fastpass+ was remarkable better. I would have paid for that every time.

Then, Disney makes announcements telling people in the standby line that the line times are inaccurate because they aren't moving forward in the line. It's BS. It's because they are only allowing LL through and limiting standby.

What a horrible service! No value add whatsoever. Fastpass+ was remarkable better. I would have paid for that every time.

Then, Disney makes announcements telling people in the standby line that the line times are inaccurate because they aren't moving forward in the line. It's BS. It's because they are only allowing LL through and limiting standby.

Except Fastpass did the same thing, we just don't remember it. Peter Pan had a sheet by the standby line during Fastpass that told the Castmembers how many standby guests to let through compared to Fastpass. It was extremely small.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter