Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

First time using G+ will be next Saturday. I am not planning on getting to the park until around 1pm that day. Does that mean if I am on the app at 7am, I can have 3 genie+ bookings by the time I enter the park? Assuming you can book every 2 hours? Am I understanding that correctly?

First time using G+ will be next Saturday. I am not planning on getting to the park until around 1pm that day. Does that mean if I am on the app at 7am, I can have 3 genie+ bookings by the time I enter the park? Assuming you can book every 2 hours? Am I understanding that correctly?
You can make your first three G+ reservations at 7:00 (or anytime before park opening), two hours after park opening (10:30 or 11:00 depending on which park), and two hours after that. So, at MK for example, 7:00, 11:00, and 1:00 means that you've made three as you're entering the park.

It only took 1 day of comparing to find out we cannot use the daily price of a 1 day ticket to try and predict the cost of Genie+.

Tues, Oct 18, 2022
Price of 1 day ticket: $139
Price of Genie+: $18

Wed, Oct 19, 2022
Price of 1 day ticket: $139
Price of Genie+: $20

So much for that theory. 🧙‍♂️ *poof!*

I noticed that G+ was $22 today.

Did anyone happen to notice how much it was on the 20th or the 21st?

Looked thru posts 1-7 but didn't spot the answer: I know you can ride anytime after your VQ is called & that the grace period for Genie+ LLs is 5 min before and 15 minutes after, but what about the grace period for ILL$ (e.g., ROTR)? Is it the same as the Genie+ LLs? TIA!

Looked thru posts 1-7 but didn't spot the answer: I know you can ride anytime after your VQ is called & that the grace period for Genie+ LLs is 5 min before and 15 minutes after, but what about the grace period for ILL$ (e.g., ROTR)? Is it the same as the Genie+ LLs? TIA!
Unless things change, once a ILL$ is called return time has arrived, you can return at any time from then until park close and will be admitted.

Last edited:

So you don’t have to show up in the hour window that you book for ILL$?!

If I book flight of passage for 1-2pm and don’t make it over there till 6pm they’ll still let me ride?
Historically that is what has been happening with ILL$ but most are not pushing it as they don’t want to spend the money and then risk being turned away.

To date guests who have purchased ILL$ are allowed to ride but again, this is only what has been reported. YMMV.

Unless things change, once a ILL$ is called, you can return at any time from then until park close and will be admitted.

Just to clarify: an ILL$ doesn't get called. You select your time for an ILL$.

But Boarding Groups get called for the Virtual Queue (currently applies only to Guardians).

I was afraid the "get called" part might confuse someone. Goodness knows, Disney's G+/ILL$/VQ is confusing enough. They don't need any help to make it more confusing, do they? :)

Just to clarify: an ILL$ doesn't get called. You select your time for an ILL$.

But Boarding Groups get called for the Virtual Queue (currently applies only to Guardians).

I was afraid the "get called" part might confuse someone. Goodness knows, Disney's G+/ILL$/VQ is confusing enough. They don't need any help to make it more confusing, do they? :)
You’re quite right. I’ll correct my post to clarify. Thanks for letting me know.

Does anyone have (or know where to find) recent info on trying to book SDD and RotR at 7am? Specifically, will we risk missing Rise if we book Slinky first? If we'd rather take the risk with Slinky. TIA.

How does the edit selections work now that it’s gone from the tip board?

In the My Day section of the Genie I have edited my selections for our first park day on 11/4 but when I go to the tip board it doesn't show my selections at the top. Will that change on 11/4 or do I also have to edit my selections prior to 7 am on the tip board?

Does anyone have (or know where to find) recent info on trying to book SDD and RotR at 7am? Specifically, will we risk missing Rise if we book Slinky first? If we'd rather take the risk with Slinky. TIA.

https://www.thrill-data.com/waits/park/wdw/hollywood-studios/

Here you go. Scroll down to the Lightning Lane availability chart. It shows you exactly when stuff sells out each day.

You can also see the data for any particular day in the past. You just have to put a date at the end of the link. (/2022/10/18 for example.)

I don't think you run a risk missing either if you book one right at 7:00 and then the other. Rise typically doesn't sell out before park opening except on the most crowded days, and on those, you still have at least a half hour after 7. Same with Slinky.

What’s the best and easiest way to get the rides you want , buying LL or relying on the virtual pick? For Guardians of Galaxy and other popular rides. Thank you

What’s the best and easiest way to get the rides you want , buying LL or relying on the virtual pick? For Guardians of Galaxy and other popular rides. Thank you
Posts 1 - 7 explain many details about Genie, Genie+ and ILL$ including samples of how to book reservations.

For Guardians help I recommend you read post 1 of, 'Guardians Virtual Queue/Boarding Group'.

The pinned threads at the top of the board (highlighted in yellow) may be helpful in your planning.

There is only one virtual queue, currently for Guardians of the Galaxy. Previously, there were virtual queues for Rise of the Resistance and Remy's Ratatouille Adventure, but I don't believe we've ever had more than one at a time. So, there are no "other popular rides." Buying an Individual Lightning Lane selection is perhaps easier than getting a virtual queue boarding group, especially if staying onsite and being able to buy it at 7:00. But the virtual queue is "free." For some, that makes it better. Many people try for the virtual queue first, then buy the ILL if they don't get the VQ. Some do both and ride twice. So, there isn't a "best and easiest" choice that suits everyone.

Posts 1 - 7 explain many details about Genie, Genie+ and ILL$ including samples of how to book reservations.

For Guardians help I recommend you read post 1 of, 'Guardians Virtual Queue/Boarding Group'.

The pinned threads at the top of the board (highlighted in yellow) may be helpful in your planning.
On my screen, the pinned threads are highlighted in pink. What colors are the rest of you all seeing?
1666829092213.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter