Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

I have been following the Genie questions because this visit I have AP but DH doesn’t. I know there is a glitch if I’m purchasing Genie by the day for each of us. If I just add Genie to his length of stay will I be able to purchase Genie at midnight (or 6 am) each day for my AP? Thanks
Post 7 of this thread explains how to handle this scenario if you purchase in advance.

personally since you need to purchase day of for your AP anyways I would wait and do both at the same time each day if it was me to avoid the glitch. Also, depending on when you purchased your husband’s ticket, if you add it now you will also pay the increase in ticket price.

Post 7 of this thread explains how to handle this scenario if you purchase in advance.

personally since you need to purchase day of for your AP anyways I would wait and do both at the same time each day if it was me to avoid the glitch. Also, depending on when you purchased your husband’s ticket, if you add it now you will also pay the increase in ticket price.
I thought the glitch meant I would have to call the Tech Support number to purchase AP Genie and Ticket Holder Genie at the same time day of?

I thought the price for genie plus is $15 a day per person? I was looking to add it to our tickets and the price for two 3 day tickets said subtotal $108 and $115.02 with tax which is $18 a day. The Disney website says it’s $15 a day which would be $90 before taxes.
FYI, this happened to me and I was able to get a refund for the cost of the ticket price increase. Took me three hours of holds and callbacks to finally get the refund, so you’d have to decide if it’s worth your time to do that. On principle, I just couldn’t swallow Disney taking another $58 from me when I had just spent $400 on G+.* Sigh *

I have been reading about G+LL use when the ride is down. Can someone clarify this for a bit more?

If I understand, it turns into a sort of anytime LL to certain other rides at the park.

For G+LL:

1. What happens to the "double-tap" strategy if the LL window is <120 minutes? Since you cannot double-tap into that ride, are you then eligible to get your next G+LL when the LL window opens for the closed ride?

2. If you use the anytime LL for a different ride can you then book the original LL ride with another LL later assuming it comes back online? Or is it generally best to just hold on to the anytime pass and use it on the original ride that went down after it comes back online?

For ILL$:

3. For an ILL$ does it turn into any anytime ILL or does it give you a new window for the ride?

I thought the glitch meant I would have to call the Tech Support number to purchase AP Genie and Ticket Holder Genie at the same time day of?
No the glitch only occurs when one party has an AP and the other has Genie+ already added on to their ticket. If you don't add genie+ to your DH's ticket in advance you should be able to add it daily for both you through MDE.

I have been reading about G+LL use when the ride is down. Can someone clarify this for a bit more?

If I understand, it turns into a sort of anytime LL to certain other rides at the park.

For G+LL:

1. What happens to the "double-tap" strategy if the LL window is <120 minutes? Since you cannot double-tap into that ride, are you then eligible to get your next G+LL when the LL window opens for the closed ride?

2. If you use the anytime LL for a different ride can you then book the original LL ride with another LL later assuming it comes back online? Or is it generally best to just hold on to the anytime pass and use it on the original ride that went down after it comes back online?

For ILL$:

3. For an ILL$ does it turn into any anytime ILL or does it give you a new window for the ride?
1. What happens to the "double-tap" strategy if the LL window is <120 minutes? Since you cannot double-tap into that ride, are you then eligible to get your next G+LL when the LL window opens for the closed ride? When you get an anytime LL you are automatically eligible to book another LL

2. If you use the anytime LL for a different ride can you then book the original LL ride with another LL later assuming it comes back online? Or is it generally best to just hold on to the anytime pass and use it on the original ride that went down after it comes back online? When you get an anytime LL you can always book the original ride again. Think of it as a bonus pass that makes the system basically forget you ever booked that ride in the first place

3. For an ILL$ does it turn into any anytime ILL or does it give you a new window for the ride? I haven’t had this happen at WDW but it’s happened at DL a few times and it should work pretty much the same. So it does turn into an anytime ILL$ but it’s only valid on that ride. So if you have Rise and it goes down you get a pass valid just on Rise the rest of the day. Note that when this happens you are eligible to book an additional ILL$ for that ride. For example say I bought Rise and Ratatouille (which is my limit since I can only buy 2 ILL$ per day) but Rise goes down and I get an anytime pass. I can now either buy Rise again or buy another ILL$ because the system has basically forgot that I ever bought Rise.

1. What happens to the "double-tap" strategy if the LL window is <120 minutes? Since you cannot double-tap into that ride, are you then eligible to get your next G+LL when the LL window opens for the closed ride? When you get an anytime LL you are automatically eligible to book another LL
I assume this is only if the ride that went down was your most recently booked LL?

[QUOTE="disneylover102, post: 63843978, member: 614957"

3. For an ILL$ does it turn into any anytime ILL or does it give you a new window for the ride? I haven’t had this happen at WDW but it’s happened at DL a few times and it should work pretty much the same. So it does turn into an anytime ILL$ but it’s only valid on that ride. So if you have Rise and it goes down you get a pass valid just on Rise the rest of the day. Note that when this happens you are eligible to book an additional ILL$ for that ride. For example say I bought Rise and Ratatouille (which is my limit since I can only buy 2 ILL$ per day) but Rise goes down and I get an anytime pass. I can now either buy Rise again or buy another ILL$ because the system has basically forgot that I ever bought Rise.
[/QUOTE]
Re the text highlighted in blue: It's my understanding that if, for example, Rise goes down and that was the ride that you'd purchased an ILL$ for and you get an anytime ILL$, that anytime ILL$ is specifically for Rise. If you use it for Rise, you can't then book another ILL$ for Rise for that day. No?

Or are you saying that in addition to this anytime ILL$ for Rise you can then book another ILL$ for Rise and use both of them for Rise?

I am so confused! Thanks for clarifying.

We have 7 day park hoppers for our June trip. We are planning to add genie plus to 4 of the days individually. The Disney website says you will pay the free for Genie plus as well as any change in the ticket price. I bought my tickets at least years price through a Undercover Tourist. Is Disney going to hit me with a few or just the $15.00? Am I reading to much into this?
Thank you.

[QUOTE="disneylover102, post: 63843978, member: 614957"

Re the text highlighted in blue: It's my understanding that if, for example, Rise goes down and that was the ride that you'd purchased an ILL$ for and you get an anytime ILL$, that anytime ILL$ is specifically for Rise. If you use it for Rise, you can't then book another ILL$ for Rise for that day. No?

Or are you saying that in addition to this anytime ILL$ for Rise you can then book another ILL$ for Rise and use both of them for Rise?

[/QUOTE]
I meant in addition

To get past the upcharge you can add genie+ after midnight the night before you plan on using it. . Any changes to the tickets they usually go based off current ticket prices. So I would not be surprised if they slap a bigger fee at you.

I meant in addition
[/QUOTE]
So you could end up with two ILL$ for Rise on the same day? That seems very un-Disney-like lately.

No. If you keep your tickets as they are right now (no G+ on the ticket) you will be fine to add G+ to both tickets.
We have 7 day park hoppers for our June trip. We are planning to add genie plus to 4 of the days individually. The Disney website says you will pay the free for Genie plus as well as any change in the ticket price. I bought my tickets at least years price through a Undercover Tourist. Is Disney going to hit me with a few or just the $15.00? Am I reading to much into this?
Thank you.
Currently if you add G+ by the day you will be charged $15 (plus tax) for each person, each day.

Disney can make changes at any time but as of today that is what you would be charged. What it will be like in June nobody really knows as changes can always be made by Disney.

A question : is the following is allowed ...
2 adults + 1 person ( 17 years old ) have all valid tickets with genie+ added .
all 3 enter in the park
LL reservations are made
for instance
adult 1 : ll1 for tower of terror at 10h
adult 2 : ll1 for aerosmith at 10h30
child1 : ll1 for slinky at 11h00

is the child ( of course without any adult ) allowed to enter the lightning lane by using the reservation of 1 of the adults ? Does CM check identity at the gate of lightning lane ?

Last edited:
all 3 enter in the park
LL reservations are made
for instance

is the child ( of course without any adult ) allowed to enter the lightning lane by using the reservation of 1 of the adults ? Does CM check identity at the gate of lightning lane ?
No, no one checks ID at LL entrances. The 17 year old can use the adult’s MB or ticket card to scan in at the LL entrance, and no one will care.

all 3 enter in the park
LL reservations are made
for instance

I'm guessing one of the adults does not want to ride their LL is booked for?

What is the likelihood of being able to buy LL$ for Avatar FoP if staying offsite? Any chance for morning availability?
t Hollywood, assuming not riding SDD, what is the current best strategy in order to get in Smuggler’s, RocknRoller, Tower, Mickey& Minnie & Toy Story?

We’ll have genie+, early entry & will be up at 7a to book. Will $ILL ROTR.

What’s best to book at 7? What’s best to rope drop? What’s best to stand-by after rope drop ride? What to book at 120min?

thanks for any help/advice

Just did this and this was our strategy (stayed on site).

1- At 7A booked TT in G+ and MMRR ILL$. Got to park very early before preferred guest RD and were in the park a little after 8 (regular admission time was 9). Went straight to RoR and were off by 8:45. Went straignt to TSM ( which was shorter than MF) and were off by 10. Did single rider RnRC and were off by our 11:15 TT reservation. Did MF in afternoon ( ugh long wait) and our MMRR ILL$ later in the afternoon.

To be honest G+ was a waste as we only used it for our TT reservation which we could have done later in the night/evening without. the ILL$ reservation was worth it (MMRR was cheaper than RoR so we ILL$ that ride and RD for RoR). Did all major that day but took most of day (even got a second TSM by standby later). Skipped SDD (teens not interested).

To be honest G+ was a waste as we only used it for our TT reservation which we could have done later in the night/evening without. the ILL$ reservation was worth it (MMRR was cheaper than RoR so we ILL$ that ride and RD for RoR). Did all major that day but took most of day (even got a second TSM by standby later). Skipped SDD (teens not interested).
I wouldn’t call that a waste 😂 the ToT line is ridiculously long and slow right now even at night due to the half capacity

No, no one checks ID at LL entrances. The 17 year old can use the adult’s MB or ticket card to scan in at the LL entrance, and no one will care.
I'm guessing one of the adults does not want to ride their LL is booked for?
correct , the adult will not ride ...

Thanks for the info .... this makes planning a lot more easy ( to make sure she can do as much as possible in 1 day ) ....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter