Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

I thought the price for genie plus is $15 a day per person? I was looking to add it to our tickets and the price for two 3 day tickets said subtotal $108 and $115.02 with tax which is $18 a day. The Disney website says it’s $15 a day which would be $90 before taxes.

Attachments

• BB807809-2976-46FC-AFCD-A2BB22A4E3B6.png
    BB807809-2976-46FC-AFCD-A2BB22A4E3B6.png
    187.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 754A71D3-2C83-4C5D-9224-DEA48696F711.png
    754A71D3-2C83-4C5D-9224-DEA48696F711.png
    78 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I thought the price for genie plus is $15 a day per person? I was looking to add it to our tickets and the price for two 3 day tickets said subtotal $108 and $115.02 with tax which is $18 a day. The Disney website says it’s $15 a day which would be $90 before taxes.
Interesting. I am curious about this too.

I guess if the park ticket price changes from when you bought tickets and you want to add genie + you also pay the difference of the increase and what you originally paid.

“In addition, when you modify your ticket to purchase an option, including Disney Genie+ service, you will need to pay the price of the option plus any changes to the price of the ticket since your original purchase.”

Yes, @caryrae is correct.

If ticket prices have increased since you bought your tickets (they did in Feb 2022), adding Genie+ now to length of stay will mean you also pay the increased price for your tickets.

This upcharge can be avoided by purchasing Genie+ by the day when you’re on your trip.

Trying to think about best way to stack for MK when I hop in evening. I read posts 1-7 already. I think priority is Space Mountain, Big Thunder, Splash Mountain, and Pirates. I have no need for PP (all 4 visits in past and it’s broken down every time on us) and Jungle Cruise not a big deal either for us. Do you think this is right order?

Trying to think about best way to stack for MK when I hop in evening. I read posts 1-7 already. I think priority is Space Mountain, Big Thunder, Splash Mountain, and Pirates. I have no need for PP (all 4 visits in past and it’s broken down every time on us) and Jungle Cruise not a big deal either for us. Do you think this is right order?
We’re aiming for Space, then BTMRR, then HM just because it’s my husbands favorite. Kids want to skip PP, Splash, and Jungle Cruise. I’m doing space first bc even though it and BTMRR usually have similar return times, Space seems to have a longer standby line so I want to make sure we get that one on a LL.

???
I just came back from Disney, I was able to get 2 ILL for each park a day

Just checked Disney website, and they say 2 ILL day per park.
You must have been back at least a few weeks. On Feb 25th Disney changed their ILL$ offerings and there is only 1 available at each park from now until early August.

The information on the first page of this thread was updated to show current offerings.

I thought they can change it for you at a blue umbrella? The blue umbrella peeps helped me
I assume you had "special circumstances," such as the time changed on you after booking or a conflict with an ADR. I was replying to a question whether you can cancel and rebook if you see a better time. The system doesn't let you do that for an ILL$.

Based on this and since you feel it would be worth it for even 1 shorter line then I would go ahead and purchase it now while you know the price of it. You have nothing to lose if you're planning to add it anyway.

I agree with this. I added it from the get go because I was worried the system would be glitchy and give us trouble if we tried to add it right before we needed it. I just did it and didn't look back. We were only in the parks for three days and hopped all three days. Genie+ worked so incredibly well for us this past M/T/W, we only had to wait for two rides during our three days. We left feeling really good about it. Good luck to everyone!

You must have been back at least a few weeks. On Feb 25th Disney changed their ILL$ offerings and there is only 1 available at each park from now until early August.

The information on the first page of this thread was updated to show current offerings.
Ah, so the problem is not you can't buy 2 ,is just that there is only one available now.

I wanted to report back on our experience on having APs and a "mixed ticket" as my cousin had a 6-day w/ Genie.

Under my MDE account was myself, my DH and my cousin so each morning I was able to log into my husband's MDE account which only showed himself and I and I bought Genie+ EASILY each morning. Then I worked on my Tip Board and by 7am I was ready to buy our ILL$ and LL and each day we got what we wanted and at times that worked with our meals and schedule!!

Let me know if anyone has questions!

can genie plus sell out for a busy day?? I am planning to buy 5 day tickets, but only want to buy genie plus for 4 days. I understand I either buy 5 days with genie plus for all days, or I buy base ticket and individually buy genie plus after 12AM for the day I want to go. Wondering If there is a chance I might not be able to buy genie plus (glitchy app, sold out etc..)
I had 7 day tickets and added it day of, for 6 of the days. Worst that happened was once I got a notification in MDE at around 10pm that it couldnt be added til 3am bc of tech issues. So instead of adding it at midnight before going to sleep I added it at 645 next morning.

I think the strongest reason for buying G+ in advance with your tickets is in case price goes up.

Another successful day of genie+ yesterday! I again got lucky the night before and was able to reserve Epcot.

So I woke up a little before 7, bought genie+, and once again pinned Frozen to my tip board. Then at 7:00:00 I refreshed and tapped through as fast as I could and got it for 8:50 (the park opened at 8:30). Then I headed to Epcot and got to the IG entrance a little before 8. I scanned into the park and sat on a bench until they stopped checking for resort reservations for early entry a few minutes before 8:30. During that time I got a FOP LL for 2:40. Since all the resort guests were going to Ratatouille I hurried over to Frozen and beat the non-resort guest rope drop crowd from the main entrance and I got on in less than 10 minutes. Then I re-rode with my LL.

After scanning in I refreshed a bit and got Slinky for 7:10 PM. After that I went over to Soarin’ and waited about 10 minutes. I noticed the wait at Ratatouille was starting to drop so I headed over there and while the posted wait was 75 minutes, it was less than 40. However after I got off the posted wait was 50 and I hopped in line again and waited 54 (I’m assuming LL got backed up). While in line I reserved Tower of Terror for 7:45. Then I went to Mission Space and waited about 20 minutes and then pretty much walked on to Test Track twice in the single rider line. Then I went over and did Soarin’ again since I wanted to grab something from Sunshine Seasons. The posted wait was 35 but there was actually no wait at all before the LL merge point… which was kind of silly because LL was 4 hours away for it but a LL was useless… anyway when I got off I reserved Na’vi River Journey for 6:30 (I had to refresh a bit to get it earlier than 7:10 which wasn’t gonna work). Then after eating I did Spaceship Earth and it was time to park hop.

I waited just a few minutes for the bus to AK and by the time I got there it was time to use my FOP LL. I did that and then got back in the standby line which was posted at 95 and was actually 85. Just after I got in line I refreshed a bit and got Dinosaur for about a half hour later which I ended up cancelling because FOP was taking just barely too long (I was hoping it would go just a little faster). After I got off I got right back in line for FOP (posted 80, actually 75) and after quite a bit of refreshing I got Rock n Roller Coaster for 7:55. After getting off FOP I used my LL at Na’vi River Journey and then headed to HS.

I used my LL for Slinky and let me just say it could not be more overrated 😂 anyway after that I used my LL at Tower of Terror and Rock n Roller Coaster and then finished the day by jumping in line for Rise just before park closing and waited for 50 minutes until sitting down on the ride.

putting in work!! Nice job.

I had 7 day tickets and added it day of, for 6 of the days. Worst that happened was once I got a notification in MDE at around 10pm that it couldnt be added til 3am bc of tech issues. So instead of adding it at midnight before going to sleep I added it at 645 next morning.

I think the strongest reason for buying G+ in advance with your tickets is in case price goes up.
Makes sense. Thanks

I have been following the Genie questions because this visit I have AP but DH doesn’t. I know there is a glitch if I’m purchasing Genie by the day for each of us. If I just add Genie to his length of stay will I be able to purchase Genie at midnight (or 6 am) each day for my AP? Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter