Every Day's a Holiday (3 updates 12/7 page 10)

Just caught up on facebook and your board - so sorry to hear about your teeth!! Praying no dental work in your future!!

The rehearsal photo is great - JJ's expression is priceless. Were they singing?

WOW the Seven Dwarfs ride is really coming along. Alot has changed since we were their in March. When is the target opening date? Any other major construction going on right now?

Oh, the water pageant brings back memories of times as a child at WDW. We camped at Fort Wilderness and would watch the parade every time it came by from the beach.

Great quick meet up with Moodyzblu and the kids! Hoping you and Mommy2mrb have fantastic time in a few days!

I have disney fever so bad right now starting to plan - CANT WAIT TO GOOOO!!! A year is just too far away. I don't travel for work again until March (DC) and then in May (Charleston, SC). I'm itching to go!! Gonna have to live through your photos and stories....so take lots of photos for us!!

I do love Christmas more than Halloween :goodvibes

if he decides to be brave we will go on POTC with you guys!

hope your teeth feel better soon so you don't need a root canal :goodvibes

love the group photo of the theater group! tell JJ we are sending him a big dose of pixiedust: know he will do great!

so fun you got to meet up with Michelle & her boys! they look like they had a fun time together!

only 5 more days until we see each other :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I wouldn't hold my breath about POTC.

My teeth do feel better, thanks. So much so that I forget about it til I bite into something, then OUCH!

It was a very quick but very nice meet.

See you real soon! I cancelled JJ's voice lessons so we can arrive earlier. You have CP for breakfast, what time?

Just caught up on facebook and your board - so sorry to hear about your teeth!! Praying no dental work in your future!!

The rehearsal photo is great - JJ's expression is priceless. Were they singing?

WOW the Seven Dwarfs ride is really coming along. Alot has changed since we were their in March. When is the target opening date? Any other major construction going on right now?

Oh, the water pageant brings back memories of times as a child at WDW. We camped at Fort Wilderness and would watch the parade every time it came by from the beach.

Great quick meet up with Moodyzblu and the kids! Hoping you and Mommy2mrb have fantastic time in a few days!

I have disney fever so bad right now starting to plan - CANT WAIT TO GOOOO!!! A year is just too far away. I don't travel for work again until March (DC) and then in May (Charleston, SC). I'm itching to go!! Gonna have to live through your photos and stories....so take lots of photos for us!!

Yes, thanks! They were singing.

I don't know the projected opening date for the mine ride. I haven't been following it because JJ won't be able to ride it. But it's REALLY coming along quickly now.

There's something going on at the Polynesian near Bay Lake. The DVC at GF is done and my or my is it beautiful!!

What great memories of the parade and FW! The first time I ever saw it was as an adult. When we first moved here, there was pin trading at the Contemporary and we use to take Grumpy every other Friday. As JJ lives for Star Wars, he use to live for pin trading. He still has all his Chip and Dale pins on a couple large cork boards, all the rest of his pins are tucked away in Rubbermaid containers.

Back then, there was a young woman from Japan who use to trade with him. He would stock up on her favorite character and she would trade him Chip and Dale in return. She visited once or twice a year and he'd be so excited. And there was a cm named Barbara who worked the kid's pin trading. She had a soft spot for him and he just adored her.

When we lived up north, it was too far and few between for our trips down here. It's been since Nov 11 that's we've been there, and I'm missing it, lol. Next time we go we'll spending some time with Lisa and Megan!! I'm sorry you have to wait so long in between. Feel free to live vicariously. Hopefully things will work out the next time your here for a hello.

Yes it will be!!

Great group shot!! Wishing JJ luck on opening night!!

That's great the boys all got along like they've known each other forever.

My husband had to turn in his vacation requests for 2014. He did it all on his own without consulting with me and he picked a week in the fall and a week in June. I sure hope he didn't pick YOUR week!!!!

Tonight is preview night! He is so excited. He had a big OT session today and is feeling pretty tired. I told him he has to lay down and rest in a little bit. Even if he doesn't fall asleep he needs some down time. Tomorrow is the show for the public.

Awe .. love the pics of the boys playing ! :love:

I love JJ's style .. he looked so cute ! :thumbsup2

Thanks!

LOL, his style, black sweat pants, white t-shirt worn backwards because the neck felt better that way, matching vest and hat.

My husband had to turn in his vacation requests for 2014. He did it all on his own without consulting with me and he picked a week in the fall and a week in June. I sure hope he didn't pick YOUR week!!!!

Tonight is preview night! He is so excited. He had a big OT session today and is feeling pretty tired. I told him he has to lay down and rest in a little bit. Even if he doesn't fall asleep he needs some down time. Tomorrow is the show for the public.

:scared1: I hope he didn't pick that week either!! Right now we're booked form June 15 - June 24. How dare he plan vacation time with out consulting you first. My DH knows better than to do something like that but then again he doesn't have to turn in vacation time in advance.

Yeah JJ!! I'm sure your going to do a great job and can't wait to hear how it all went!!

I wouldn't hold my breath about POTC.

ok, we will do whatever is best for JJ that day!

My teeth do feel better, thanks. So much so that I forget about it til I bite into something, then OUCH!

be careful!

It was a very quick but very nice meet.

See you real soon! I cancelled JJ's voice lessons so we can arrive earlier. You have CP for breakfast, what time?

you didn't have to do that, will be nice to have the extra time though :goodvibes no we don't have CP for breakfast

this is our schedule for 11/25

FP+ for under the sea 1140 - 1240, Space mt 120 - 220, BTMRR 300-400 and then dinner at BOG at 515, then meeting with our other friends around 7pm I think at this point for the rest of the night.

Yes, thanks! They were singing.

I don't know the projected opening date for the mine ride. I haven't been following it because JJ won't be able to ride it. But it's REALLY coming along quickly now.

There's something going on at the Polynesian near Bay Lake. The DVC at GF is done and my or my is it beautiful!!

they are starting to build DVC for the Poly too!

hope previews go great tonight :goodvibes:goodvibes

doing a quick :drive: got lots of little things to get done today before we leave tonight! this time tomorrow we will be in DISNEYWORLD :dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

hope last night went great and tonights performance is even better! sending JJ lots of pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: and hope he has an amazing time!

will be posting on FB or text me if anything changes, let me know when you are close to arriving on Monday, can't wait to see you guys!

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas at Disney. After we got off the ferry and started walking to bag check, we saw the MNSSHP was gone and in its place were poinsettias and a MVMCP sign.

The times guide said the castle lighting was at 6:15. The show is called Cinderella’s Christmas Wish.

I was just talking to someone last week about when the castle lighting takes place. I couldn't remember the time.

Move it, Shake it, Celebrate it! was going down Main St. We ducked into the stores to avoid the crowds. I have an obsession with handbags, though I rarely carry one. I always seem to have a back pack with me. I really like the Harvey’s seat belt bags. There were new animal print ones. And I noticed another bag, not sure of the brand. It looks like a bowler and costs $90. At first I thought they were the ugliest bags I ever saw, but now they are growing on me.

I usually don’t care for the Harvey’s that are woven. But in the animal print, I prefer the woven.

I too love bags...but don't really carry a lot. I love to look at them mainly...and those are pretty cool bags. :thumbsup2

We split up on Main Street. Dh headed towards Buzz Lightyear with JJ. JJ was busy playing a game on dh’s phone. He didn’t even take notice. I headed to the Jingle Cruise with JJ’s DAS card. Here I learned something new. The cm told me that what I needed to ask for was a “rope boat”. She wrote the return time and put a letter “R” by the time to remind me. I left to find my guys by the castle. They were standing near the front in the far left. You can see the circled R on the back of JJ’s DAS.

I really appreciate all your insight into the DAS. I still am pretty undecided about getting it for Zoe. I guess in the coming weeks if her surgery turns out to be more of a failure than it is now... maybe it will make more sense.
I found my guys to the far left of the stage near the front. Our view was slightly obstructed by a wall. Next time we see the show, we’ll go center or right instead of left. While we were waiting for the show, I noticed something about the castle I had never seen before. I think they are gargoyles?

Great pic! I do not remember noticing them before either!

I think we went to ride the Jingle Cruise next. The building for the queue was decorated, and the shack behind the boat dock was as well. I didn’t notice any other decorations on the cruise. Our tour guide wasn’t the most talkative. She said a few Christmas infused jokes. She talked about humbugs that said bah, and said a few more. After all the hype, we felt a disappointed. We met up with friends from the theater later.

I am sorry it wasn't the greatest. I know that even with the safari on this last trip, the difference between one driver and another can really make the experience!

Because of preparation for the fireworks, the queue for Fairytale Hall was changed and the sprinklers were on. We got in the FP+ line and it was out the door. JJ’s friend has ASD and almost right away he started pacing. We waited about 10 minutes and didn’t move. He began hitting the wall with his body, and the pacing was more anxious. I asked the cm if she had any idea how long it would take until we saw the princesses. She said approximately 30 minutes. JJ’s friend said he can’t wait that long. So we got out of the line.

Seems like there should have been something that could be done. :sad:
It was time for our FP- for Pooh. JJ’s friend wanted to ride the Haunted Mansion. JJ doesn’t ride HM, so we split up. We were finished around the same time and met up at the Rapunzel rest area. JJ’s friend talked him into going on POTC. JJ hates the darkness, the skeletons, the hill. But he wanted to go on it since his friend was. The the standby queue and the FP+ queue are w/c accessible now. They sat in the front row and we sat in the back. JJ tolerated the ride. We all told him how brave he was.

That is awesome that he was so brave! :cool1: Yay for JJ!!!

friend’s mom bought him a sword. A few weeks back, JJ’s friend had broken his when they came to visit. She felt the need to replace it. At home that sword disappeared. The next day JJ got it out. He had hidden it behind the clothes hamper. He got tape and taped where it had been broken. He was happy to have a replacement too. Though he says he wants to play at his friend’s house with his toys not the other way around.

That doesn't sound like an easy situation. I have had my fair share of those types... where one kid doesn't act quite as good as my own and then my own kid is a bit uncomfortable. :sad2:

Speaking of the DAS, when we got home I looked at the date. I knew it had to soon be expired, I just didn’t know when. It was already expired. I didn’t notice and neither did anyone we handed it to that night. Over a three week period of time, JJ went on 3 attractions with his DAS (Enchanted Tales, Pooh, and JC), used 2 fast passes (Buzz and Pooh), and one standby line that was 5 minutes (POTC). I think he has finally adjusted to the new system and accepts it. We are definitely doing less attractions and more Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom, Agent P., and people watching.

I am glad to hear he has adjusted. I know many people are a little unsure of how they will adjust...especially when they don't travel but once a year...or even every couple of years.

What are the odds? I knew from facebook that Moodyzblu was at Disney. We were walking by Starbucks and I spotted a child that looked like Jayden, but I just wasn't sure. I was going to get out my phone and send a fb message to Michelle. When I heard a voice calling, "Michelle." What can I say we both have fantastic names. Sure enough it was Michelle and her boys!

I think you have good luck running into people ;)

Yay!!! A new report!!!!

He loves people and has never met a stranger.

I LOVE that!

It's not even Thanksgiving and we've already been celebrating Christmas at WDW.

-see Festival of the Lion King before it goes down for it's 6 months refurbishment

I figure if Disney can be ready for Christmas, so can I! My tree is up, my decorations are up, my shopping is mostly done... My Fa-la-la is in full swing!!!

I'm crabby about the FotLK reburb. I was really looking forward to seeing this again! Oh well.

I LOVE those red bags with the embossed Mickey heads!!

hope previews go great tonight :goodvibes:goodvibes

The preview show was JJ's best!! He wasn't nervous or anything. The public show on Friday, he was super nervous. Spent the afternoon hyperventilating and lots of leg tics. He made it through the show. But while greeting people afterwards he had to leave, got changed into his street clothes then continued to greet people.

doing a quick :drive: got lots of little things to get done today before we leave tonight! this time tomorrow we will be in DISNEYWORLD :dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

hope last night went great and tonights performance is even better! sending JJ lots of pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: and hope he has an amazing time!

will be posting on FB or text me if anything changes, let me know when you are close to arriving on Monday, can't wait to see you guys!

I'm enjoying your pictures and messages from WDW!! I'm so glad you arrived safely. See you TOMORROW!!

Thursday's was the best! He was relaxed and enjoyed performing. I think calling it "just a preview show" helped. Friday he didn't feel the greatest. He was very nervous and he ticked before the show. He made it through the show and hid that he didn't feel well.

Following along....

:welcome: So glad your here!

I was just talking to someone last week about when the castle lighting takes place. I couldn't remember the time.

I too love bags...but don't really carry a lot. I love to look at them mainly...and those are pretty cool bags. :thumbsup2

I really appreciate all your insight into the DAS. I still am pretty undecided about getting it for Zoe. I guess in the coming weeks if her surgery turns out to be more of a failure than it is now... maybe it will make more sense.

Great pic! I do not remember noticing them before either!

I am sorry it wasn't the greatest. I know that even with the safari on this last trip, the difference between one driver and another can really make the experience!

Seems like there should have been something that could be done. :sad:

That is awesome that he was so brave! :cool1: Yay for JJ!!!

That doesn't sound like an easy situation. I have had my fair share of those types... where one kid doesn't act quite as good as my own and then my own kid is a bit uncomfortable. :sad2:

I am glad to hear he has adjusted. I know many people are a little unsure of how they will adjust...especially when they don't travel but once a year...or even every couple of years.

I think you have good luck running into people ;)

Lol, now you've got a time.

I'm opposite, I carry too much. Earphones, wet wipes, therapy putty, hand sanitizer (or hanitizer as JJ calls it), medication, etc. The only thing mine in the bag is a very keychain/coin purse. I like looking at them too. I'm perfectly content window shopping too.

If she is able to make it in the standby line she won't need the DAS. You can always wait and see how it goes.

All these years, and I never saw those gargoyle things. JJ spotted them and asked what they are. He thought they looked like cats.

JJ has been doing very well. OT and counseling have been very helpful.

Yay!!! A new report!!!!

I LOVE that!

I figure if Disney can be ready for Christmas, so can I! My tree is up, my decorations are up, my shopping is mostly done... My Fa-la-la is in full swing!!!

I'm crabby about the FotLK reburb. I was really looking forward to seeing this again! Oh well.

I LOVE those red bags with the embossed Mickey heads!!

:welcome: That's great you have your tree and decorations up! I love it!

I'm sorry you'll miss FOTLK.

Those bags are growing on me.

I was reading your TR on my phone yesterday. I will be back there to comment. I thought I had subscribed a while ago, because I remembered reading the first couple posts.

On Veteran's Day, we had no plans to go to the Magic Kingdom. Our plans were to see the Osborne lights at DHS and try to meet up with Michelle and the boys. However, on the drive there, JJ begged to go to the MK to play SotMK. We had plenty of time before the lights. I texted Michelle that we were MK bound but still planned on the lights in the evening. She said they were already heading to DHS.

We got to the TTC and the parking lot was pretty empty. Hopped on the ferry and I could practically count the amount of people on both hands. We were surprised because it was a MVMCP night, so we expected more people. The first party night was sold out.

When we entered the park, there were MVMCP brochures under the train station. I picked one up, not sure why.

JJ played SotMK, got new cards. Every where we turned there were party brochures inviting us to stay. We couldn't get over how light the crowds were.

I texted Michelle and told her we were considering staying since crowd levels were so light. She said she understood completely, not to worry.

We stopped at Gaston's and discussed staying for the party while drinking a Le Fou Brew.

Finished the round of SotMK which ended up being the last of a complete round.

It was after 4pm and the crowd levels hadn't picked up at all. We headed to Guest Services to purchase tickets. Wrist bands were placed right on us. I had my band cut because so much was hanging out. JJ refused to let her cut his band. He was afraid she would cut it off. So he walked around with a huge end sticking up out of it. Even though we were filled up from the drink earlier, we decided to grab a bite to eat. We stopped at Pecos Bills.

JJ still believes in Santa Claus. There was a man at a table near us who looked like Santa with shorter hair. JJ was convinced he was the real deal. He was the best behaved boy. I took a picture of the man, but for some reason deleted it from my phone. But this man was a dead ringer for Santa.

I thought of Lisa's John's salad as I looked at the fixings dh brought back. He and I split a burger. JJ got the kids turkey sandwich minus the bread, grapes and fries.

It still wasn't party time, but as we left Pecos Bill's and were walking by Tortuga Tavern, we noticed the candy cane lit up which indicates snacks. We stopped for dessert. They were serving cookies at 6:30!

I ate one cookie and wrapped the other in the napkin and placed it in my back pack for later. They were soooo good, very soft snickerdoodles.

We were off to the castle. I took a lot of pics of the changing colors.

Then there was a stage check. First techs came out and checked everything. Then a couple dancers came out and re-checked everything.

Then it was show time!

I thought it was very cool that all of the fab characters had blinking eyes, until I looked at my pictures and saw that my timing was way off. Most of the pictures I took have them with eyes shut. These were the best of the pic as far as most eyes opened.

We loved the show. However, to see it again, I would prefer to be back further and not right up front. Unless I stood up to take pictures, I only got half bodies. Most of the people stayed sitting when the show started, so my occasional standing for a full body picture ticked people off. The person behind me asked me to stop standing up, so I did. But then Disney's photographer stepped in and stood in front of us anyway. But everyone still remained sitting. I have never seen people sit for a castle show. The only people standing were those waiting for the parade along the hub. If you go to this show, I wouldn't count on everyone sitting.

The dentist for JJ went well. The dentist for me, well...here I am at 5:40am because I woke up with my teeth annoying me. He thinks it's trauma from the injury and I go back in a couple weeks. If it still hurts then it looks like root canal. But it does seem to be doing better every day and that's a very good sign. It hurts this morning because I was clenching my teeth in my sleep. That's not going to help with healing.

You make me want to be back there for the Christmas decorations again. I really enjoyed them on our 2010 trip.

When I was having some pain with a tooth, the dentist suggested this: At night, after brushing before going to bed (assuming of course that you DO brush before going to bed, lol), rub a good bit of sensitive teeth toothpaste on your sore teeth. Don't rinse it out, just leave it there on those teeth and go to bed. Do it for two weeks. Don't use the sensitive teeth toothpaste to brush, only use it the way I described. Worked wonderfully for me -- those teeth that were giving my some issues are fine now.

Okay, back to reading and catching up . . .

. . . Ok, all caught up. Goodness, I can't imagine the park being so empty on Veterans Day, but I'm so glad it worked out for you and JJ. Yep, I really really really want to be there at Christmastime again.

You make me want to be back there for the Christmas decorations again. I really enjoyed them on our 2010 trip.

When I was having some pain with a tooth, the dentist suggested this: At night, after brushing before going to bed (assuming of course that you DO brush before going to bed, lol), rub a good bit of sensitive teeth toothpaste on your sore teeth. Don't rinse it out, just leave it there on those teeth and go to bed. Do it for two weeks. Don't use the sensitive teeth toothpaste to brush, only use it the way I described. Worked wonderfully for me -- those teeth that were giving my some issues are fine now.

Okay, back to reading and catching up . . .

. . . Ok, all caught up. Goodness, I can't imagine the park being so empty on Veterans Day, but I'm so glad it worked out for you and JJ. Yep, I really really really want to be there at Christmastime again.

I wish you could come back for a visit at Christmas time.

You crack me up. Of course, I brush my teeth before going to bed. I'll try rubbing those teeth with sensodyne. Last night and today two of the teeth are really bothering me. I hope and pray your remedy will work!

We couldn't believe how empty it was then too. We had been there on Columbus Day for MNSSHP and it was a sold out party. We fully took advantage of the low crowds and enjoyed the party.

I hope you get back at Christmas again!

I am so sorry your teeth are still giving you so much trouble. :grouphug: Praying the sensodyne trick works! YEA for JJ's best show yet! That is music to my ears and I LOVE all of the pics, especially with him in his fedora. The Christmas pics of Disney are so beautiful!

I am so sorry your teeth are still giving you so much trouble. :grouphug: Praying the sensodyne trick works! YEA for JJ's best show yet! That is music to my ears and I LOVE all of the pics, especially with him in his fedora. The Christmas pics of Disney are so beautiful!

The good thing about my teeth hurting is that it feels like it's the tooth itself and not radiating down into my jaw, or up my ear, or cheek like it was before. Appreciate the prayers.

He loves that fedora, he loves wearing vests, and he loves wearing sweat pants. What can I say? He does have jeans, but he says they aren't comfortable. Unless your right up close to him, you'll never notice his pants are sweat pants.

It's another cool day on tap for tomorrow.

Great pictures!! So happy you guys got to experience the party with low crowds!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter