Every Day's a Holiday (3 updates 12/7 page 10)

Oh my goodness! I didn't realize I was a full week behind on my own thread. So sorry everyone! Things have been busy but fun. Seems like there was something going every day. If we weren't running to the doctor or a therapist for JJ, we were off to WDW for fun!

Christmas Eve we went to the movies. I took Grumpy to see Catching Fire. Or maybe I should say, he went with me to see it. He wanted to see the Hobbit. But so did DH. DH took JJ to see a Dinosaur movie, which JJ just loved. Coming out from the movie Grumpy said Catching Fire was so good. It was super emotional, kept you on the edge of the seat, and most of it was true to the book.

We spent Christmas Day at home relaxing. Watched the big Disney commercial, otherwise known as the Disney Parade. Darth Vader in so many scenes with Neil Patrick Harris kept JJ bouncing off the walls in excitement.

We have no plans for tonight. Just a stay at home evening. Tomorrow we hope to meet friends somewhere at WDW if we all can get up and moving in the morning.

We've only gotten AP's once and I managed to get 6 trips that year. It was funny because I'd tell people we were going on vacation and they'd ask to DL? :rotfl2: I've been lucky so far that Jeremy and Sarah are awesome in the car. James is OK. Just got to keep him occupied or asleep then he's really good.

I've seen pictures and I agree it does look like it would be fun to eat in there but if it's going to scare the kids maybe not.

That's a possibility too. When kids are in a rush they do things and don't realize it.

6 trips in one year! Wow!! Some people just don't get "it", huh? Which is why I share my adventures here.

You are very blessed they are awesome in the car. JJ has been getting motion sickness. Although since he started new medicine a couple weeks ago, the motion sickness seems to be doing better.

Hopefully on your trip out here if you don't fly, you will have lots of things to keep James occupied!

Wishing you all a very merry Christmas! Hope the day is filled with joy and blessings!

Thank you, Lisa. I hope your Christmas Day was a great one! Happy New Year to you and Megan!

Wishing your family a very Merry Christmas!

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! Happy New Year, enjoy your stay at the hotel and the huge mall!!

Merry Christmas from our family to yours!!

Love the picture, Sandra!!! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Happy New Year!

Be-lated Merry Christmas! It was nice catching up with you yesterday. Wish it had been under other circumstances. So sorry about your neighbor. Praying for his son, family and friends.

Michelle,

From our family to yours!

I know I am far behind on your report; however, you are always in my prayers.​

Judy, I understand. With JJ having 3 different days a week of appoinments, school work, playing at Disney, etc. I am quickly falling behind too. And he's just one child, can't imagine in multiplied by 4. Thankfully we got good reports and it looks like in a couple months he will be stopping OT and PT, then re-evaluated. He'll have a new psych counselor as we have switched insurances and his isn't covered. This week he has a break from all appointments as they call our new insurance to find out how to play their games. We are not sure if he needs referrals. You know, the usual hoops to jump through.

I hope you and Lisa are feeling better. Your trip is soon here!

I am so glad that I am not the only one that found the parade to be such a commercial. Thank you for yesterday. I really appreciated all of your support. I pray for all of them. This isn't easy for any of them. I am really proud of my son Loren yesterday. He sat with Emory and he was able to be an ear for him. We don't usually go anywhere on New Years Eve. I will make dips and such. We will just have fun together. Tomorrow we will watch the Rose Parade on HGTV and just take it easy. I will try to get my clothes together and pack what I can. I want to see Catching Fire. I loved that book series.

Happy new year! We did have a great Christmas!
Sounds like you've been busy and enjoying being together over the holidays!

I am so glad that I am not the only one that found the parade to be such a commercial. Thank you for yesterday. I really appreciated all of your support. I pray for all of them. This isn't easy for any of them. I am really proud of my son Loren yesterday. He sat with Emory and he was able to be an ear for him. We don't usually go anywhere on New Years Eve. I will make dips and such. We will just have fun together. Tomorrow we will watch the Rose Parade on HGTV and just take it easy. I will try to get my clothes together and pack what I can. I want to see Catching Fire. I loved that book series.

But it's my favorite commercial of the year!

You had such a burden to carry when your neighbor's son came over not knowing the seriousness of his dad, and you did. Loren is a hero again!

We had Chinese food for lunch today. And there is plenty left over that we'll reheat again tonight. Dh is working. Found out the friends we are to meet tomorrow at a park had a change of plans. They may or may not end up at Disney. So I'm debating if I'll take JJ by myself or not tomorrow. He is doing very well health-wise, but he ran off from his therapist twice the other day when he got frustrated.

I liked the 2nd one better than the first, actually. Bring tissues. I didn't and my throat hurt from holding back.

Happy new year! We did have a great Christmas!
Sounds like you've been busy and enjoying being together over the holidays!

Glad you had a good Christmas.

It's been nice to have some down time just to enjoy each other.

But it's my favorite commercial of the year!

You had such a burden to carry when your neighbor's son came over not knowing the seriousness of his dad, and you did. Loren is a hero again!

We had Chinese food for lunch today. And there is plenty left over that we'll reheat again tonight. Dh is working. Found out the friends we are to meet tomorrow at a park had a change of plans. They may or may not end up at Disney. So I'm debating if I'll take JJ by myself or not tomorrow. He is doing very well health-wise, but he ran off from his therapist twice the other day when he got frustrated.

I liked the 2nd one better than the first, actually. Bring tissues. I didn't and my throat hurt from holding back.

Glad you had a good Christmas.

It's been nice to have some down time just to enjoy each other.

I thought it was more of a commercial this year.

I wonder if tomorrow will be busy at the parks. It is usually a busy day at DLR.

I liked the first book the best. The third was my least favorite.

Whatever you decide to do tomorrow have fun! Happy New Year!

I am SO SORRY I missed your call today! Praying all is well. :goodvibes I AM glad you are having so much fun! :cheer2: Better to live life than write about it! :thumbsup2

Oh my goodness! I didn't realize I was a full week behind on my own thread. So sorry everyone! Things have been busy but fun. Seems like there was something going every day. If we weren't running to the doctor or a therapist for JJ, we were off to WDW for fun!

We spent Christmas Day at home relaxing. Watched the big Disney commercial, otherwise known as the Disney Parade. Darth Vader in so many scenes with Neil Patrick Harris kept JJ bouncing off the walls in excitement.

We have no plans for tonight. Just a stay at home evening. Tomorrow we hope to meet friends somewhere at WDW if we all can get up and moving in the morning.

You've been out enjoying time with your family and that's all that counts. We're here when you can be here.

Glad you had a nice relaxing Christmas!! I still can't believe we MISSED the Disney Parade!!!! :confused3 How the heck does that happen in a Disney loving house???? Oh I know we were busy opening presents and then just enjoying time with each other until it was time to leave for my Aunt's house.

Hope you had a nice evening tonight!! Happy New Year's!!!

6 trips in one year! Wow!! Some people just don't get "it", huh? Which is why I share my adventures here.

You are very blessed they are awesome in the car. JJ has been getting motion sickness. Although since he started new medicine a couple weeks ago, the motion sickness seems to be doing better.

Hopefully on your trip out here if you don't fly, you will have lots of things to keep James occupied!

No some people don't get it but the funny thing is the people who don't get it are the one's who call me to find out the tips and tricks to get the most out of their trips!!! :lmao: I try to share them here but think I've only completed one trip report and then proceeded to accidently delete the pictures and just didn't have the energy to go back through and re add them.

We are very lucky that the kids are so good in the car. Only time Jeremy's gotten car sick is when we've been on twisty roads and he's been looking at a book or a game. So now I know to give him kid's Dramamine (which is very hard to find) when I know we'll be on roads like that and to tell him to just sit and watch the scenery instead of down in his lap. Sorry JJ's been getting sick. Hope it continues to get better.

I'm already starting to put small things together that will help keep James entertained in the van on the drive so we can keep the meltdowns to a minimum. DH also told me I should stock up on kids Tylenol or Motrin. :rotfl2: Not that I would drug my kid but I will have it on hand in case someone get's sick. Now let's hope that the baby is a good traveler too. He should be considering he'll be spending lots of time in his car seat due to all the drop offs and pick ups I'll be doing with Sarah and Jeremy for school after he's a few weeks old. I've already got rides lined up for the kids after I have the baby so I can keep his exposure to all the little kids to a minimum with all the sickness that seems to go around in January/February.

Love the picture, Sandra!!! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Happy New Year!

Thank you!! They had to show off their new jammies and I of course had to share the picture of my cuties. We did have a very nice Christmas!! It was great to wake up whenever we wanted and not have to rush to get anywhere since we didn't have to be at my Aunt's house (an hour away) until about 2 pm. So we got up around 8 - 8:30 am. Took our time opening gifts and let the kids open and play with a few before it was time to go.

Happy New Year! Here's looking to a year of fun adventures, health and wealth for all! Sounds like you have had a wonderful time over the holidays. We went to see Catching Fire as well. I loved it. Thought it did a great job following the book and left you wanting the next book. Heard the third book will be split into two movies. Hope to go see Saving Mr Banks today. Read the trivia section on IMDB on the movie and it's amazing how the did as many things as possible to portray Walt as he was.....ie how he would clear is throat as he would enter a room. Pretty neat, check it out.

We had a nice Christmas. Hosted my Dad and Grandmother on Christmas Eve. Don't laugh but cooked my first turkey!!! I know I'm 41 but never had the need to cook one as we always went to others for meals. It was really good and I was pleased with myself. Love to cook and had a great day preparing the meal. Christmas Day we started at my Moms and ended at Shane's Moms. Lots of good time with family and friends but glad the holidays are over. We're a bit tough missing two grandparents this year. Each place we went had a level of sadness. Gotta get through these first and it will get easier.

If you head to the parks, have a great time. Could not believe the pics of the crowds yesterday! A friend and her family are there and having a blast! Have a great day!

Be sure to plan the meet during a cooler part of the day. The wait is outdoors. Worked out perfectly for us because it was a nice cool evening in the 60's!!

Thanks for the tip!! I have my fingers crossed that the majority of my trip will be cooler.

And then it happened…

That is awesome :goodvibes

In case you are wondering, the temporary tattoos on his arm are R2D2 and an Ewok.

If I ever get used to all the needles, I've told everyone that I will be getting a real tattoo of the Jedi logo on my ankle. I know they're not everyone's thing, but I've always wanted one. But I just can't do it... and I'm really not any closer now to being able to do it than I was six months ago! But it remains in the back of my head as a possibility.

Watched the big Disney commercial, otherwise known as the Disney Parade. Darth Vader in so many scenes with Neil Patrick Harris kept JJ bouncing off the walls in excitement.

Hahahah. I called it the "commercial" in my PTR, too!!! If all commercials were that fun, I wouldn't use my DVR nearly as much as I do!!!

HAPPY 2014!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope it's amazing for all of you pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter