Every Day's a Holiday (3 updates 12/7 page 10)

I'm glad you have the garage for the car. That is odd that you are cold and not hot this pregnancy.

I had to reset our house thermostat. Typically we keep the house at 80 during the summer. But with the cooler weather over Thanksgiving, the house stayed around 75. When the heat spell went through last week, he minded it. And I had to drop the temp in the house from 80 to 75. He's walking around in shorts and I'm in sweats. Dh even had on sweat pants and a sweat shirt.

It's nice to have the garage. I don't have to worry about the kids running through the parking lot to get to the van especially when it's cold or raining (which we haven't had much rain just cold!!) I talked to my Dr. about that yesterday and she said a lot of it has to do with I'm not eating as much as I probably did with the other 3 pregnancies. So my body isn't having to work as hard to get rid of all the junk I was eating. And the fact that we've had a whole lot colder weather than we usually do could have something to do with it too.

80 is a nice temperature that's where we try to keep ours too (between 75 - 80 depending on the day.) Glad JJ has been tolerating it ok. That's normally how my home would look during the winter I'm in shorts and a t shirt and the kids and DH are bundled up in footie pj's, blankets and anything else they think they need to stay warm.

Great pictures from CP!! Sigourney Weaver is very pretty!! I'm so happy that you guys are able to get to these events and enjoy them.

Glad you guys are going to get to celebrate Grumpy's birthday. Hope the appointment goes well tomorrow and have a great time!

It's nice to have the garage. I don't have to worry about the kids running through the parking lot to get to the van especially when it's cold or raining (which we haven't had much rain just cold!!) I talked to my Dr. about that yesterday and she said a lot of it has to do with I'm not eating as much as I probably did with the other 3 pregnancies. So my body isn't having to work as hard to get rid of all the junk I was eating. And the fact that we've had a whole lot colder weather than we usually do could have something to do with it too.

80 is a nice temperature that's where we try to keep ours too (between 75 - 80 depending on the day.) Glad JJ has been tolerating it ok. That's normally how my home would look during the winter I'm in shorts and a t shirt and the kids and DH are bundled up in footie pj's, blankets and anything else they think they need to stay warm.

Great pictures from CP!! Sigourney Weaver is very pretty!! I'm so happy that you guys are able to get to these events and enjoy them.

Glad you guys are going to get to celebrate Grumpy's birthday. Hope the appointment goes well tomorrow and have a great time!

What the doctor said makes sense.

When he was having all those full body tics we had to keep the house very cool. And any time I see him working up a sweat or he says he starting to feel hot, I bump down the temps.

When my parents stayed here (up to 5 months out of the year), they insisted our thermostat was inaccurate. Because they said it always felt cooler than what it said. My MIL from up north keeps her house around 68 and over Thanksgiving she was cold in our house. And when they visited us over summer, they said the house felt cool.

Thanks. I'm glad we had the opportunity. She looked great up there.

Thanks. It will just be the four of us at Disney for dinner for his b-day. In the past he's chosen 'Ohana or Whispering Canyon. But the last couple years he wanted the money instead of a dinner.

JJ is so excited to eat at BOG again.

He sounded like Pooh when he said, "oh bother, I'll call them Christmas Flowers."
That is cute. I forget the words for things sometimes too, it happens. :confused3

How cool that JJ might be done school in time for his favorite Disney season :cool1:

Happy Birthday to Grumpy - hope you have a great dinner to celebrate.

Too cute that JJ gave up and just said "Christmas flowers". He's such a sweetie!

Ya'll must have been really close at the Candlelight Processional. Your picture of Sigourney Weaver is fantastic!

That is cute. I forget the words for things sometimes too, it happens. :confused3

How cool that JJ might be done school in time for his favorite Disney season :cool1:

Happy Birthday to Grumpy - hope you have a great dinner to celebrate.

He is very eloquent in his speech, so it was unusual for him to get so tongue tied. It was like he was saying a tongue twister.

It worked out last year that he was able to finish everything before SWW! Although this year he won't get a break during the week like he did. We will keep reviewing things during the month of SWW. Last year he forgot how to read, add and subtract in that month. It took a couple weeks to get back the math, and we are still working on the reading. He is reading much better now, though we discovered that larger font helps him read better.

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Too cute that JJ gave up and just said "Christmas flowers". He's such a sweetie!

Ya'll must have been really close at the Candlelight Processional. Your picture of Sigourney Weaver is fantastic!

Lol, he was a bit tongue tied.

We were a row behind where we sat for NPH. But I was using a 50-200mm zoom lens. So it brought everything so much closer!

JJ and I had a fabulous time at the Magic Kingdom, just the two of us. We played one portal of Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom, watched the Giggle Gang perform, ate dinner at Be Our Guest, and rode Peter Pan.

I had heard about return w/c passes for attractions, but JJ had never been offered one until this day. The cm was very helpful. I showed him JJ's DAS card and he took it, but returned with a return time card instead. He said this way he can go get another time somewhere else. I asked if it was ok to return late with it, and he said sure, it would not be a problem.

JJ wasn't interested in any other attraction. He just wanted to eat at BoG. We headed there to see if there was anything available earlier, but the cm sent us on our way and told us to return 15 minutes before our time.

We ended up over at Big Top souvenirs. Sat in the shade outside the store as he tried to do magic tricks with his SotMK cards.

We heard the Giggle Gang start their show, so headed over there. No matter how many times he sees this show, he just loves it! This was probably the highlight of our time at MK. The one clown kept interacting with him which made him even more into the show. He'd laugh and clap and was smiling ear to ear. Even though he laughed and clapped at appropriate times, so many people stared at him for his enthusiasm. I guess they weren't quite into it like him. He wasn't distracting to the show or anything like that. He was completely taken in by the entertainment value of it.

When the show was over we headed over to BoG. Gave our name, requested the Ballroom, and were told to go wait on the bridge.

There are gargoyles on the bridge. We stood in the shade by one set of them. JJ wanted to watch the water and he stood on tip toes but couldn't really see the stream.

Our pager went off. We showed the cm guarding the entrance, and she told us to stand off to the side. They took two families ahead of us, but they went in an entrance off to the left. We were lead into an entrance in the center.

As we entered, there was thunderous applause and welcoming by all the wait staff. I felt like we had just stepped onto a Disney cruise! Our server Kristen welcomed us and took us to our table. It was right near the beautiful Christmas tree and the big windows.

JJ had grilled chicken and fries. I had the shrimp and scallops.

After dinner, we went to the Beast's study and said hello to the Beast.

He still wanted to ride Peter Pan. I told him it was past our return time and they may tell us we're out of luck. He said, "but the man said that wouldn't matter." I conditioned him that if that cm wasn't there, it may matter to another. But we had no problems and JJ got to ride his favorite!

The park was starting to get really crowded as the party crowds flowed in. We decided to leave. We got to the parking lot and a car was looking to park, but all the HP was filled. Yet they were still all being sent to the lot?! Same thing happened to us at one of the MNSSHP. This car drove around to our car, and the woman got out to make sure nobody else pulled in. They were thankful for bumping into us.

JJ and I had a great time. But the night was not over yet. On the way home, I remembered his friends had a basket ball game. These are teens and adults with special needs, but JJ has been invited to play any time he wants. The game started at 6:30 and we arrived around 7pm. They put him in and he had such a great time. He was smiling ear to ear.

This group is a fantastic group. There are some who are die hard players and others who are not. But they make sure that EVERYONE has a chance with the ball. So JJ was giving the ball to dribble and shoot. He missed, but he never stopped smiling! They all were cheering him on and telling him how great he was doing.

Most of these players are in his theatre group. I love these "kids". They have such determination and drive. They really give it their all. They encourage each other and support each other. It's an incredible experience to watch them in action. They are inspiring.

In case you are wondering, the temporary tattoos on his arm are R2D2 and an Ewok.

When he was having all those full body tics we had to keep the house very cool. And any time I see him working up a sweat or he says he starting to feel hot, I bump down the temps.

When my parents stayed here (up to 5 months out of the year), they insisted our thermostat was inaccurate. Because they said it always felt cooler than what it said. My MIL from up north keeps her house around 68 and over Thanksgiving she was cold in our house. And when they visited us over summer, they said the house felt cool.

Thanks. It will just be the four of us at Disney for dinner for his b-day. In the past he's chosen 'Ohana or Whispering Canyon. But the last couple years he wanted the money instead of a dinner.

JJ is so excited to eat at BOG again.

Glad you were able to figure out that keeping him cool really helped keep the tics under control.

My dad who never get's cold even complained that our house was too cold the year I was pregnant with Jeremy. :rotfl2: It was pretty funny. It probably felt cold to her if it was cooler outside too.

Sounds like a fun time!! I wish we could just drive to Disney for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Hope he had a great dinner.

Sarah keeps asking about Beast's castle so looking forward to it.

Looks like you guys had another great time at MK.

What a great day you and JJ had at MK! Fun you got to sit by the Christmas tree at BOG! They didn't clap for us but Megan did get to carry in the candlestick!
So happy he got to play in the game and that everyone there is so supportive of each other!

How fun your day looks! How cute is the picture with JJ and the Beast? I love that!

Glad you were able to figure out that keeping him cool really helped keep the tics under control.

My dad who never get's cold even complained that our house was too cold the year I was pregnant with Jeremy. :rotfl2: It was pretty funny. It probably felt cold to her if it was cooler outside too.

Sounds like a fun time!! I wish we could just drive to Disney for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Hope he had a great dinner.

Sarah keeps asking about Beast's castle so looking forward to it.

Looks like you guys had another great time at MK.

The temps didn't seem to affect the ticking, but rather his ticking was so severe and strong that he would work up a huge sweat.

Disney was one of my conditions when we knew we were moving here. I couldn't imagine moving to Florida and being far away from Disney.

I'm sure it will be exciting for Sarah to visit there. The West Wing plays scary music and it's dark. JJ won't set foot in there. It freaks him out. In fact, when we explored the castle during lunch during passholder preview, he ran from there crying. Thankfully they have honored our request to not eat in that room each time.

Yes! We had a nice time. The only bummer of the day was that our DVD player broke sometime between getting out of the car at the TTC and getting back in it. It worked fine to the doctor and from the doctor's to the TTC. Somehow the screen cracked on the INSIDE??

What a great day you and JJ had at MK! Fun you got to sit by the Christmas tree at BOG! They didn't clap for us but Megan did get to carry in the candlestick!
So happy he got to play in the game and that everyone there is so supportive of each other!

The meal was great, and it was pretty cool to be near the tree. Did you keep the candlestick on the table or did they take it away? We were wondering if it was to indicate a special occasion? You had your birthday?

They are a great bunch of kids. He got knocked over a couple times, but someone usually helped him up and asked if he was ok. He didn't cry and said he was fine.

How fun your day looks! How cute is the picture with JJ and the Beast? I love that!

Except for bad news at the neurologist, the day was very fun.

It's a good thing that you were able to improve the day. That helps a lot.

The temps didn't seem to affect the ticking, but rather his ticking was so severe and strong that he would work up a huge sweat.

Disney was one of my conditions when we knew we were moving here. I couldn't imagine moving to Florida and being far away from Disney.

I'm sure it will be exciting for Sarah to visit there. The West Wing plays scary music and it's dark. JJ won't set foot in there. It freaks him out. In fact, when we explored the castle during lunch during passholder preview, he ran from there crying. Thankfully they have honored our request to not eat in that room each time.

Yes! We had a nice time. The only bummer of the day was that our DVD player broke sometime between getting out of the car at the TTC and getting back in it. It worked fine to the doctor and from the doctor's to the TTC. Somehow the screen cracked on the INSIDE??

Well glad it's not the temperature then that's causing the ticks. I can only imagine how sweaty he gets. Poor JJ.

We've talked about moving closer to DL but we really do like the area we're in. May be on the high side for property but the school districts are great, kids have already made some really great friends, I've made some really great connections with the other mom's, overall just a great area. Now don't get me wrong I could always find an area like that closer to DL but as long as I get at least one trip a year to DL I'll be good.

I'll make sure to ask to be seated anywhere but the West Wing. I'm sure that Jeremy would love that room but Sarah wouldn't for sure. Maybe to see it but not to eat in. Poor JJ that it scared him that bad.

Oh no! So no idea how the DVD player broke? Was it maybe in a bag that got hit and caused it to crack?

I love your villains show pics! Actually all of your MNSSHP recap was great!

JJ really did look as though the Snow White meet and greet was not his favorite!

Sigourney Weaver looked like a great narrator! Sounds like you had a good time. :goodvibes

What a nice place to sit at BOG! And the welcome I am sure made it just so much more special!

It's a good thing that you were able to improve the day. That helps a lot.

Yes!

Well glad it's not the temperature then that's causing the ticks. I can only imagine how sweaty he gets. Poor JJ.

We've talked about moving closer to DL but we really do like the area we're in. May be on the high side for property but the school districts are great, kids have already made some really great friends, I've made some really great connections with the other mom's, overall just a great area. Now don't get me wrong I could always find an area like that closer to DL but as long as I get at least one trip a year to DL I'll be good.

I'll make sure to ask to be seated anywhere but the West Wing. I'm sure that Jeremy would love that room but Sarah wouldn't for sure. Maybe to see it but not to eat in. Poor JJ that it scared him that bad.

Oh no! So no idea how the DVD player broke? Was it maybe in a bag that got hit and caused it to crack?

When we lived up north, we'd go twice in one year to make the AP worth it, then skip a year and repeat. :) We'd drive the whole thing in one day. Grumpy was always great in the car.

Glad to be able to give you a heads up on the West Wing. Personally, I'd love to eat in there.

Maybe he stepped on it? We got in the car so fast. People were waiting for our spot. He doesn't remember stepping on it, but it was dark so it's a possibility.

I love your villains show pics! Actually all of your MNSSHP recap was great!

JJ really did look as though the Snow White meet and greet was not his favorite!

Sigourney Weaver looked like a great narrator! Sounds like you had a good time. :goodvibes

What a nice place to sit at BOG! And the welcome I am sure made it just so much more special!

Thanks! We loved MNSSHP!

Haha, yea, that was an understatement. Between the helmet knocking and the kiss, well...

She was very energetic and fun.

It was our best experience yet at BOG!

When we lived up north, we'd go twice in one year to make the AP worth it, then skip a year and repeat. :) We'd drive the whole thing in one day. Grumpy was always great in the car.

Glad to be able to give you a heads up on the West Wing. Personally, I'd love to eat in there.

Maybe he stepped on it? We got in the car so fast. People were waiting for our spot. He doesn't remember stepping on it, but it was dark so it's a possibility.

We've only gotten AP's once and I managed to get 6 trips that year. It was funny because I'd tell people we were going on vacation and they'd ask to DL? :rotfl2: I've been lucky so far that Jeremy and Sarah are awesome in the car. James is OK. Just got to keep him occupied or asleep then he's really good.

I've seen pictures and I agree it does look like it would be fun to eat in there but if it's going to scare the kids maybe not.

That's a possibility too. When kids are in a rush they do things and don't realize it.

Wishing you all a very merry Christmas! Hope the day is filled with joy and blessings!

Michelle,

From our family to yours!

I know I am far behind on your report; however, you are always in my prayers.​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter