Everthing you wanted to know about Uber/Lyft at WDW

I feel kind of dumb. I just downloaded the Lyft app and added my credit card as payment method. I can't seem to find a way to sign in or out? When I click on the app it pops up the map to set pick up. Is there a way to sign in and out?

I feel kind of dumb. I just downloaded the Lyft app and added my credit card as payment method. I can't seem to find a way to sign in or out? When I click on the app it pops up the map to set pick up. Is there a way to sign in and out?

Why would you want to sign out?

Why would you want to sign out?
I sign out in case my phone/ipod is lost. Signing out is just one less thing I would need to worry about. I don't password protect those items so I can get in and out of the apps I want quickly. Most don't need protection, if you get into my music or games, oh well.

LOL. Rest assured you are NOT the first person to ask this question!

The map is IT. Your account is linked to your phone, so whenever you open the Lyft app, you are ready to go. You just touch Set Pickup and another screen will pop up asking for a destination.

Once you order a ride, you will be able to follow the driver's progress to you and you'll have a picture of the driver and other info. You will also be able to contact the driver en route, but the call goes through Lyft and neither you nor the driver will ever have each other's telephone numbers.

At the end of the ride, you will be asked to rate the ride on a 5-star scale...which happens to be the most misunderstood and most flawed part of the process. 5 Stars is an "A", but 4 Stars is actually an "F"! If a driver maintains a 4.6 average (92%!) for very long, they will be fired.

After you do the rating, you will be offered an opportunity to tip the driver on your credit card.

After the rating and tip, you simply close the app and you are all done.

When the app is open, if you touch your dazzling picture, you will see a menu list of other options. In the settings area on that list there is an option to sign out.

LOL. Rest assured you are NOT the first person to ask this question!

The map is IT. Your account is linked to your phone, so whenever you open the Lyft app, you are ready to go. You just touch Set Pickup and another screen will pop up asking for a destination.

Once you order a ride, you will be able to follow the driver's progress to you and you'll have a picture of the driver and other info. You will also be able to contact the driver en route, but the call goes through Lyft and neither you nor the driver will ever have each other's telephone numbers.

At the end of the ride, you will be asked to rate the ride on a 5-star scale...which happens to be the most misunderstood and most flawed part of the process. 5 Stars is an "A", but 4 Stars is actually an "F"! If a driver maintains a 4.6 average (92%!) for very long, they will be fired.

After you do the rating, you will be offered an opportunity to tip the driver on your credit card.

After the rating and tip, you simply close the app and you are all done.

When the app is open, if you touch your dazzling picture, you will see a menu list of other options. In the settings area on that list there is an option to sign out.
Ok thank you! I was worried if I left the app still signed in someone could steal my credit card info.

Wow, that seems very unfair. If it's a pass fail system, then they should make it a thumbs up /thumbs down rating. I think most people think of a 3 star as average, 4 star as good, and 5 star as exceptional.

Not dumb - that was my reaction also. That's why I removed the Lyft app from my phone immediately after I added it, and used Uber instead. I didn't put the Lyft app back on my phone until Disney introduced Minnie Vans, which are requested via the Lyft app.

I didn't notice anything which would allow me to sign out. PP said it's under settings, so I'm going to look now. (I am going to get my cell phone... please wait.)

Okay, I am looking at my phone. The only thing I can see to tap is an icon of a head. The menu which appears shows Home, Notifications, Free rides, Ride history, Payment and Promos. Nothing that says Settings. Nothing with an option to Sign Out.

So, my Lyft gurus, what am I missing? How do I sign out of the Lyft app?

Not dumb - that was my reaction also. That's why I removed the Lyft app from my phone immediately after I added it, and used Uber instead. I didn't put the Lyft app back on my phone until Disney introduced Minnie Vans, which are requested via the Lyft app.

I didn't notice anything which would allow me to sign out. PP said it's under settings, so I'm going to look now. (I am going to get my cell phone... please wait.)

Okay, I am looking at my phone. The only thing I can see to tap is an icon of a head. The menu which appears shows Home, Notifications, Free rides, Ride history, Payment and Promos. Nothing that says Settings. Nothing with an option to Sign Out.

Go up a couple posts he explained to me that you do not sign out. I dont know how safe our credit card info will be, but I guess if it wasnt they wouldnt have it set up like that.

Hmmm. Weird. I know sometimes the app displays are different in different markets. But in addition to what you listed, I also have Help, and Settings. Maybe it's because I'm a driver as well, although that's a different app.

Go up a couple posts he explained to me that you do not sign out. I dont know how safe our credit card info will be, but I guess if it wasnt they wouldnt have it set up like that.
Your credit card info is not stored on the app. It's only on file in the Lyft computers. You can edit your credit card info with the app, but none of that info is on your phone.

If someone stole your phone, they would be able to order a ride with your phone (easily refunded) but they wouldn't be able to access your credit card info from the Lyft or Uber app.

Wow, that seems very unfair. If it's a pass fail system, then they should make it a thumbs up /thumbs down rating. I think most people think of a 3 star as average, 4 star as good, and 5 star as exceptional.
Yep. It's a big bone of contention between drivers and the companies.

And Lyft even says that 4 stars is "Good." :confused3 But trust me, it is definitely NOT good!

New drivers are given a grace period of about 100 rides because of the impact one bad rating can have, but after that if they drop below 4.6 for any period of time they get notified to get the rating up or else. Many, many drivers have been "deactivated" for low ratings averages that would be a low A or high B in school.

There are legitimate reasons to rate a driver lower than 5 stars -- dirty car, unsafe driving, rudeness, etc. But unfortunately, drivers also get rated 3-4 stars (and sometimes 1 star) because the rider thought the fare was too high, or they were late to work because they overslept, or things didn't go well with that cute girl at the bar -- things the driver has zero control over.

But the worst thing about the ratings systems is that most of the GREAT passengers do not rate their drivers. They're perfectly happy with the ride, they're busy with other things, so no rating. Fewer than 50% of riders rate their rides -- and that punishes the good drivers who deserve 5 stars on all those good rides.

Drivers also rate riders, BTW...and we have to rate the rider on every ride.

Riders are never "deactivated" for ratings issues -- I've driven riders with ratings in the 3's! However, some drivers will not pick up anyone with a low rating -- especially at night.

I pick up just about everybody; I had a 4.42 rider this morning and he was perfectly fine.

I am going to be in a time crunch September 10th going from EPCOT to Disney Springs to go see The Wrath of Kahn.

Is the Uber pick-up by the busses at EPCOT?

And can Uber drop me off close to the theater to minimize the time walking?

Thanks
Pick up is next to the taxi area, which is in the middle of the first set of bus stops.

The west drop-off at DS, in the Strawberry lot, is just a few minutes walk from the theaters. Tell the driver you are going to the theaters on the West Side.

Your credit card info is not stored on the app. It's only on file in the Lyft computers. You can edit your credit card info with the app, but none of that info is on your phone.

If someone stole your phone, they would be able to order a ride with your phone (easily refunded) but they wouldn't be able to access your credit card info from the Lyft or Uber app.
Yeah, I never sign out of anything. Just too big a PITA to have to remember yet more passwords every time I want to use something. That's why I have a lock on my phone to open/use it in the first place. Anyone who stole my phone would be SOL because they'd never get past the lock screen.

And if they did somehow, as you said, no credit card info is stored on my phone, it's all via paypal.

But the worst thing about the ratings systems is that most of the GREAT passengers do not rate their drivers. They're perfectly happy with the ride, they're busy with other things, so no rating. Fewer than 50% of riders rate their rides -- and that punishes the good drivers who deserve 5 stars on all those good rides.

That's actually a pretty good response rate. I work in customer service and there's a survey after our phone calls.. fortunately the ratings only apply to the office, not the individual, but our managers had meetings with us because they want us to get our office's numbers up. So we asked how many people actually take the survey. It was only 6%!!

Regarding my annoyance with the Lyft app for not providing me with the ability to sign out of the app (when every other app makes it easy to do so) -

From a realistic point of view: if somebody steals my phone, I have bigger problems than the possibility of the thief using my Lyft account for the getaway ride.

But it still bugs me.

That's actually a pretty good response rate. I work in customer service and there's a survey after our phone calls.. fortunately the ratings only apply to the office, not the individual, but our managers had meetings with us because they want us to get our office's numbers up. So we asked how many people actually take the survey. It was only 6%!!
But you don't judge employees based on the ratings, because your ratings are not applied to the individual. Big difference between your situation and one where drivers get fired because of low ratings.

Regarding my annoyance with the Lyft app for not providing me with the ability to sign out of the app (when every other app makes it easy to do so) -

From a realistic point of view: if somebody steals my phone, I have bigger problems than the possibility of the thief using my Lyft account for the getaway ride.

But it still bugs me.
I would try two things.

First completely uninstall the Lyft rider app. Then go to iTunes store or Google play store and download a new app and install it.

If that doesn't fix the problem, send a message to Lyft support telling them other users have the sign off feature on their phones but you don't.

I don't know what kind of phone Maryj11 uses, but I have an Android phone. If she also has Android and you have an iPhone, it may just be that there is no sign-off feature on the iPhone version of the Lyft app. Lyft support will know (hopefully).

The other possibility is that Lyft made some change to the app in your market and they made a mistake. We had that two weeks ago here with the Lyft driver app. They did an update and the feature we use to go from one vehicle profile to another suddenly went away. It took them two weeks to fix it, which meant that for two weeks about 50% of the time I was online with Uber only. Lyft lost some business because of that mistake.

I would try two things.

First completely uninstall the Lyft rider app. Then go to iTunes store or Google play store and download a new app and install it.

If that doesn't fix the problem, send a message to Lyft support telling them other users have the sign off feature on their phones but you don't.

I don't know what kind of phone Maryj11 uses, but I have an Android phone. If she also has Android and you have an iPhone, it may just be that there is no sign-off feature on the iPhone version of the Lyft app. Lyft support will know (hopefully).

The other possibility is that Lyft made some change to the app in your market and they made a mistake. We had that two weeks ago here with the Lyft driver app. They did an update and the feature we use to go from one vehicle profile to another suddenly went away. It took them two weeks to fix it, which meant that for two weeks about 50% of the time I was online with Uber only. Lyft lost some business because of that mistake.

Thank you for the suggestions.

But it still bugs me.

I've got several apps that are hard to sign out of. Believe it or not, they are all my credit card app. AmEx, Chase, Citi all have to go through 2 menu selections to log out, much like Lyft does in the instructions below
I would try two things.

I just checked and you can still Log Out of the app
Click the bubble with your photo, should open a menu on the right side with a menu, Home at top, bottom is Settings, click Settings, at bottom is Log Out

ETA - I have latest version of the app (I always keep latest versions of apps)
4.43.3.8607489 (iOS)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter