Ever run into someone you know?

We have run into people we know at WDW several times- and once on DCL we were waiting for an elevator and the other family waiting was from our small town (po. >7000) so that was fun!

Karl is such a nice man!!! Met him a few times onboard and had some nice chats. We were onboard the Magic in the Panama Canal when Roy and wife boarded. Here they are with Tom McAlpin (another very nice guy) who was then President of DCL.
KARL HOLTZ.jpg

445419504ueeDNe_ph.jpg

MJ

On one of our first Disney cruises, I ran into a friend from high school. Our kids are about the same ages so we caught up and kept in touch for awhile. I think we were in Parrot Cay.
Elizabeth

Not actually on my cruise, but at our first port stop. It's kind of a strange story. I work for a municipal government in a town near where I live. On my very first day on the job in 1993 one of our city council members came in to introduce himself. He looked at me and said "Aren't you Bill D***'s niece and Hank K****'s daughter?" I am, but had no idea who this man was until he told me. He had been one of my uncle's best friends, and a good friend of my father's. I hadn't seen him since I graduated from 8th grade in June of 1965! The man was voted off the council that spring, but remained active, and was one of those people who sometimes make you cringe when they come into your office--you know, always asking too many questions and never actually listening to your answers. In May of 2002 DH and I took our first cruise, a 4-night on Wonder to the Bahamas. We were so excited--it was our first time out of the country, and we had been through a few tough years. As we stepped off the ship and started heading along the long walkway into Nassau, who do you think stepped off the Carnival ship next to us at exactly the same time? Fortunately, he was rushing to make it to his tour on time, so only had time to say hello. We made sure to look around carefully on the way back to the ship to make sure he wasn't lurking somewhere waiting to ask me some questions!

Beth

Karl is such a nice man!!! Met him a few times onboard and had some nice chats. We were onboard the Magic in the Panama Canal when Roy and wife boarded. Here they are with Tom McAlpin (another very nice guy) who was then President of DCL.
View attachment 83672

View attachment 83670

MJ

Yes a real gentleman, warm, open, full of facts, we had two or three long conversations, one for an hour outside our staterooms, one in the concierge meet, so approachable, you can see why he is in charge.

On our last cruise my daughter was in the Edge the first night when they do the icebreaker activities. She was exchanging personal information with another girl and they kept having similar answers. Ended up not only was she from our hometown, but they went to the same middle school. Small world :)

on our first cruise we ran into a pharm. I work with at the port--we both knew we were going to be n the same ship but only saw each other at the port before leaving--this cruise also they were taping Funniest home Videos so we saw Tom B taping from the pool deck-that was interesting

the next cruise the person that owns the place where we get our hair cut was on the same cruise--we knew each other was going to be there --we ran into her several times

the last time wanst a cruise but Vegas!!! another pharm. I work with was going --we exchange cell #s so we could meet up-but ended up running into them as we were going into the MGM they were coming out

oh another Disney one we were at the CBR and our DD and DS were in the arcade when my DD ran into a girl from her class--they were at Blizzard beach and it started pouring so they just headed to the closest hotel to look around

yes it is a small world

Yes. Last Med cruise DS met a girl from his class(!) on the cruise. Appearantly they didn't talk about where they were going on vacation ;-) And in port Rome DD met a girl from her class.

Not on DCL, but on an NCL cruise, we were on the same cruise as a guy that DH works with - he is in a different division so they don't chat frequently and the subject of the cruise never came up.

On our last trip to WDW, we ran into another family whose kids go to the same school as my kids (we were both skipping!), a different family whose son was on a baseball team with my son a couple of years ago, and one of DH's old friends who was a groomsman in our wedding! He had moved a couple of times and we had lost touch with him, so it was great to reconnect again.

On our first cruise there was a family with students I had taught. Not uncommon to run into students all over.

A friend of a friend went on a cruise with his girlfriend (he left his wife at home). A neighbor was also on the cruise and discovered the affair. Not a fun situation.

My grandmother and aunt went on a cruise and their table mates were the family of a woman who had just retired from the school I was working at. So my family went on a cruise without me but met someone I know. Funny.

Not on DCL, but on Princess I ran into two of my co-workers (a married couple). A big surprise!

I "wonder" who I will run into next..........

We were walking through the parking lot at Disneyland and I heard my name being called. It was my daughters best friend from middle school and high school. She was attendng college in Southern California. She even purchased our tickets at the local rate. It was a very big surprise as noone knew we were going.
My Dad always runs into someone he knows. There was a few years that every trip we took, there was some friend of Dads. Sometime a old friend from school.

Not on a cruise, but our first trip to WDW 2003. My family was at the GF for the Character Breakfast and a women came up to ask if we lived in xxxxtown, yes we did. Next do you boys go to xxxxschool, yes. She said, she knew she recognized my boys and me from school. Her boys and my boys went to the same local Catholic School. It was their first trip to WDW too and they were going on the Magic the next day. We have been friendly ever since and we often reminisce about our first meeting at the World. Our boys even go to the same private HS. It was so exciting and fun.

During our Fantasy cruise last week, we ran into a family we knew from our son's elementary school at the San Juan Marriott. We all enjoyed catching up while the boys played in the pools and the waves. It really is a small world.

OP, That's ironic. We ran into one of my sons elementary school teachers on the Wonder back in 2010. Me and my son were taking part in one of the games at Studio Sea. We were on stage and part of the game was the audience gets to answer questions and give their points to someone on stage. So she answers correctly and states "I want to give my points to my fellow (our city) resident. My and my son are on stage asking each other..Who is that? With the bright lights on stage we couldn't see who it was. Funny at the time.

So we’re rounding the corner to the security area before boarding the Wonder in LA for a spring break cruise to Mexico, and who is standing there talking to each other? Two families from my son’s soccer team who lived just up the street from us at the time in Hawaii! They had booked together but we had no idea they were going on the same cruise. But the joke in Hawaii is that people from Hawaii only ever vacation to Vegas or Disneyland, so I guess a Disney Cruise out of LA is sort of along the same lines. We didn’t actually bump into each other that much during the week.

on my Nov 2011 Dream I checked into DCL on facebook and a friend of mine from Maryland was on her way to the Dream at that same time. We did not know each other was cruising and she responded via facebook that she was on her way too.. So we met at Cabanas.. that was super cool

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter