• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ever report a castmember for bad behavior?

I have only complained once. Quite loudly too I might add. MY DH, DD, and myself were in line waiting to get onto RnR Coaster. My DH has to help me board. My DD was going to sit next to me after I got in and my DH was going to jump in the car behind us. .These were the CM's instructions to us. After I got seated, the CM practically pushed my DH into the seat next to me, the car took off leaving my DD standing on the platform. By the time the ride was over, I was livid. The car pulled up and there was my DD waiting for us. I told the CM at the exit of the ride that it was unexcusable for them to have let us go without our daughter. I realized he was not the person who boarded us, but I was just so angry. He called his manager who came and told us the situation would be taken care of, gave us the purple fast passes that can be used at anytime, and offered us to the front of the line to go again. And of course ...like any child, after seeing her mom make such a big stink...she says to him, "I really didn't want to ride anyway." :rolleyes: Now everytime we request to board at the exit, a lot less confusion there.

Excellent job for reporting both the bad, and us good CM. The good comments are generally shared in front of a large group in a pre-shift meeting and the bad are descretly talked about with the CM.
FYI, the procedure on lost kids is to find a CM (if you can find security first it's even better), they SHOULD contact security for you. When we arrive we ask questions about the child and questions such as if they have their own ticket, if they know where they are staying and possibly what they wanted to do.
Believe it or not, small children get so used to the Disney atmosphere that they try to do things alone. There have been cases where the little ones were sleepy so they got on the bus and went back to their room to take a nap. Or the parents planned a day at EPCOT and the little one wanted to go to MK, so they hop the monorail to MK.
We are also trained to keep an eye out for kids who are alone with no adult in sight...from there we try to find out if they are really alone or if Mom and Dad are just in line at a popcorn stand.
In all my experiences (generally several a week) with lost children, they are found within a matter of minutes.

Thanks for all the replies! This has turned out to be quite an interesting thread. I guess each situation is different and reactions depend on circumstances. As for getting action out of Disney, I guess it just depends on who is working that day - like a lot of things. If you don't get the results you want, ask someone else!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter