• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ever go on a ride with a character?

bball15fan

Mouseketeer
Of course you always see it on TV or in ads, but has anybody actually been on a ride with a character before? I figured it's just for special occasions, but it looks awesome!

The closest I came is Mary Poppins was on the merry go round while we were in line. That was really cute. :)

I never have, but it is on my Disney bucket list! One may maybe I will get lucky and have the right pixie dust float my way!

In April '13 DD got to ride PP with Peter and Wendy. We were by the entrance to NFL when they came out of nowhere, tapped DD on her shoulder and motioned for her to come with them. It was pretty freakin' fantastic!

In 2000....

Our 1st trip to Disney as a family! My older DD got to ride with Grumpy! She loved the experience! pixiedust:

DS was 19 months old at the time and rode the carousel with Goofy! Goofy was sitting in one of those Sleigh type things (I think there are two on the carousel) and DS hopped right in with him and spent the entire ride with him. Of course we didn't have the camera with....my mom was parking the stroller and had it and had no idea.

A couple of years ago, Stitch was riding Dumbo but didn't pick our car. He was a few Elephants in front of us on our ride. He gave high fives to all the kids as they were getting off though.

We have seen while waiting in line or walking past....Pluto on the Dinosaurs in AK, Snow White getting off her Scary Adventure, Tigger on Winnie the Pooh, Aladdin and Jasmine on the Carpets and Mary Poppins on the carousel. So I think it happens more than people think!

In 2008 my youngest ds was picked to ride the Magic Carpets with Aladin. We were then taken over to start the line for the meet and greet. It was really cool.

We rode the Magic Carpets with Jasmine in the carpet right in front of us. That same night The Mad Hatter asked my daughter to ride the tea cups with him, and she said no :(. She later said she was confused about what he was asking.

My daughter (who was dressed up as Alice at the time) got to ride the Tea Cups with Tweedle Dee (or was it Tweedle Dum). She had a good time!

Once when we were on the last Dumbo ride of the night, Chip n Dale and Mickey came and got on. They sat in separate Dumbo's, not actually with anyone. We asked last week if they still did this but was told it stopped when Dumbo moved.

We had the most incredible experience ever! My son was too little to ride Star Tours so while I waited for my DH and DS to come off (we were going to do the child swap option) a CM approached me and asked if we would like to ride if they turned off the motion simulator. Of course I said we would love to! A few minutes later she asked if I would mind if a few others rode with us. I said that was more than fine thinking it was going to be other guests. Well to our surprise we were the only family on the ride and our "guests" were 2 Storm Troopers and Darth Vadar!! My older son was 8 (we were there celebrating his b day) and he was scared that Darth was going to do the "grip" on his neck! LOL

That was the kick off of Year of a Million Dreams and boy did it make a dream come true for our family!

Kim

Edited to say I am posting this while sitting at the airport waiting to go to WDW with my now 15 year old (who was 8 during the ride event). Time sure does fly!! Mom and son weekend before he is all grown up!!

We had the most incredible experience ever! My son was too little to ride Star Tours so while I waited for my DH and DS to come off (we were going to do the child swap option) a CM approached me and asked if we would like to ride if they turned off the motion simulator. Of course I said we would love to! A few minutes later she asked if I would mind if a few others rode with us. I said that was more than fine thinking it was going to be other guests. Well to our surprise we were the only family on the ride and our "guests" were 2 Storm Troopers and Darth Vadar!! My older son was 8 (we were there celebrating his b day) and he was scared that Darth was going to do the "grip" on his neck! LOL

What an awesome story! My kids would die if they got to ride Star Tours with Vader and the Stormtroopers.

We've seen Abu and Aladdin riding with guests (at MNSSHP) and the Evil Stepsisters riding the carousel multiple times, but never got to actually ride with them.

I once watched Voyage of the Little Mermaid with a... uh... "friend" of Eric's, who wasn't hanging out with Eric at the time, if you catch my drift. Other than that, nope. I would love to have that experience, though.

I once watched Voyage of the Little Mermaid with a... uh... "friend" of Eric's, who wasn't hanging out with Eric at the time, if you catch my drift. Other than that, nope. I would love to have that experience, though.

That just reminded me...we sat next to a very nice family at Fantasmic! who was visiting WDW and to see their niece who was a "friend" of Sleeping Beauty. The niece was showing her family around and was quite smitten with my DS who was 3 or 4 at the time. While walking around Epcot doing the Kidcot stations later that week, we had the most amazing meet and greet experience with Sleeping Beauty in France :goodvibes DS was none the wiser but even DH jumped in the pictures that one time.

we have ridden the carousel with the Tremaines on our last two trips. i believe they generally begin their first greeting set with a ride. DD 12 and Drizella are buddies.

We rode Small World with Peter Pan after a special meet and greet. My two girls were right next to him, and we were in the row behind them. He talked the entire time, telling stories, and talking about the ride. Most entertaining Small World ride we ever went on:lmao:
Donna

This whole thread is so cool! I must admit that I had no idea that characters actually rode. I always just assumed it was a promotional materials sort of thing.

Yes, was at Disneyland, but whatever...

Howsabout riding the carousel with Mary Poppins!!!!!!!:worship:
A couple of the penguins were on with us too!

this was SO cool!:goodvibes

There is a thread on here I saw today where somebody had their pictures of their daughter on the teacups with Alice. This was just days ago.

Was just there last week! My almost 3 yr old DD rode with Alice our first morning there and with Anastasia our last afternoon there...PERFECT!

2gy379l.jpg

s10nch.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter