Even with Blisters and Bad Hair, Disney is Still Magical! A Sept. 2014 TR -Updated 5/13

HM!! One of our favorites! I do wish they'd like Jack take over at least once like they do in DL. I think I watch that segment on the DVD more than any of the other special features. It'd be such a cool little change!

Is it me or is Merida's wig like totally on side ways...? I know her hair is meant to be wild and unruly but this looks kid like someone in make up was in a rush! Your girls are adorable, as always.

I think I'm out of order here, but I love the Splash photo of tiny Maura barely visible; she's too much!

hey there! :wave:

Hello! :yay:

Great update!!! everything you just did were all favorites!!! HM? can't get enough.. Did you know they are doing ride photos now? I CANNOT WAIT!

Ride photos on HM? Best news ever!

Splash! incredible theme! and i adore your ride photo! You can only see her eyes! :rotfl: thanks for NOT post IASW.. just sayin..

Splash is my 2nd favorite ride. I love it. And yes, Maura's photo is priceless. Maybe in August we'll be able to see her eyes! And IASW was not needed. We've all seen it!

Then Merida! she is a hoot isn't she? we had a great time with her.
Josie sounds like a doll!!!

Merida was great. So spunky! Just like in the movie. And Josie is awesome. Lucy gave her a picture of Merida after the trip.

Not happy about this trip being over.. BUT i am happy about you starting a PTR on another trip.

I haven't decided yet if I'll do a PTR, but I might. I did like doing the TR. I probably will.

I'm confused by that as well, but just assume the reason he wants to be thrown in there is disgustingly racist, so I might be better off remaining clueless on that.

He says he doesn't want to be thrown in the briar patch because he knows then they WILL throw him in there and that's where he lives! So of course he doesn't mind it. That part isn't racist at all. The movie is so fun. Try to find it!

Love the HM queue as well! And basically everything about the HM! The Nightmare Before Christmas theming is definitely something I'd like to see sometime.

I hope they decide to do it sometime. That would be the best. I've seen pictures of DL and it looks so cool.

I really like the Magic Shots there, too. Do they only do that at Halloween?

Yes. Actually only at the Halloween parties. Totally worth it.

We've never met Merida, but she seems like she would be a fun meet and greet. I agree with you about her hair, though, and am assuming you stopped complaining about your hair when you saw that mop!

I totally stopped complaining about my hair when I saw hers. Though I've really only complained about mine in this TR for added effect. I didn't complain about it that much while we were there because, hello, we were at Disney! Merida was a ton of fun. So sassy.

You complain about the hamster wheel noise, but these computers don't power themselves.

Hah! It's true. :dog2: That kinds of looks like a hamster, right?

Great updates, as usual!

Thanks!

Great updates, Clare. Where else would one go but the Haunted Mansion after eating at Columbia Harbor House.

I know, right? Seems like a no brainer to me!
Thank you for NO pictures on It's a Small World. :lmao::lmao::lmao:.

You are VERY welcome!:banana:
]
I'm so glad you got on Splash Mountain. Mark never wants to do it because he hates getting wet. :(

Aw, that's sad. It's such a great ride!

Looks like a great meet with Merida. We've not yet done her.

She was great. We were so glad we made it to her last one!

Just read your whole report! Love all the photopass pics. Seems totally worth the $.

Thanks for joining! Glad you like the pics! The $$$ for Memory Maker is so worth it and not too expensive when you see how many pics you actually end up with!

The guy's comment to you in IASW would have really annoyed me!

It did, but I blew it off. Lighten up, dude, AND, it's true. You do get sick of the song!

It's great that your kids are so into the characters. Mine never have been, but I'm going to make them meet a bunch when we go in August! They'll be 13 and 11 and none too thrilled, but I want the photos.

Do it! I totally would. I'm so glad mine are still young enough to be so into them, but even if/when they aren't, I'll still make them get the pictures. If I'm paying for them to go to Disney, they have to do what I say. :crazy2:

HM!! One of our favorites! I do wish they'd like Jack take over at least once like they do in DL. I think I watch that segment on the DVD more than any of the other special features. It'd be such a cool little change!

It would be so awesome. I know, even if they only did it once, I'd just love to see it.

Is it me or is Merida's wig like totally on side ways...? I know her hair is meant to be wild and unruly but this looks kid like someone in make up was in a rush! Your girls are adorable, as always.

Dude, her wig was nuts. It was all kinds of crazy that day. Jason and I kept talking about it without the kids hearing. Of course they didn't notice.

I think I'm out of order here, but I love the Splash photo of tiny Maura barely visible; she's too much!

No, that was in this update! Isn't that hilarious? I hope she is tall enough to see over it this year. I'm not too optimistic, though. She just hit 3 1/2 feet. She's almost 6.:rolleyes:

I just wanted to pop in and say hello! I hope to get an update in this week, but work has been kicking my you know what the last couple of weeks. It's my busy season and I came in last Monday (the 20th), to 25 voicemails and 27 emails. I just can't catch up. By the time I get home, I don't even want to LOOK at a computer. But I miss The Dis. I'm going to catch up on some other TRs and PTRs tonight and hopefully be back with an update by the weekend. I'm almost done!

Don't rush on my account...I'm going to Disney on Sunday. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Seriously, get to it when you can. We all have those times when we are super busy.

Don't rush on my account...I'm going to Disney on Sunday. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Shut it, Kathy! :rotfl2:

No, seriously, have a great trip. Maybe spring will ACTUALLY have come to the midwest when you return! Can't wait to read your report!

Hi Clare! Sorry work is being so busy, that's never fun. Hope it clears up soon.

And I'm sending you guys some Miami weather vibes; I hear it's still pretty brutal in your neck of the woods.

Oh, hello, do you even remember me? My name's Clare? I've been writing this TR for WAY too long! I so sincerely apologize for my way too extended absence this time. Work has finally slowed down a bit, but then wouldn't you know it, our internet at home was being beastly for the last week so every night when I wanted to get on the computer, it would crash. Seriously. Jason has it at least temporarily fixed, so I'm back in business for now!

The kids are in bed, Jason is in the bathtub, I just mowed the lawn for the first time this season (It was a JUNGLE,) I'm all showered, so you all get my undivided attention for the rest of the evening!

So we had just met Merida with the terrible wig. Maura got a hold of the camera and took some pictures of the Brave merch outside the meet and greet. Her pictures are always extreme closeups.

I thought for sure we'd end up with that horse, but we didn't! Probably next time.

We decided to see what had FP+ left for the day. Maura and I scored one for Dumbo, and Lucy and Jason got one for Space Mountain. Again. I think this is like Lucy's 6th time this trip.

We had a little time before the times came up, so we went into the Dump Shop from Space Mountain to do a little shopping. Maura got a Stitch had, and Lucy got a medium sized stuffed Stitch. ANOTHER stuffed animal. She wanted the giant one, but we said no. She was happy with the medium one, though, and he's super soft.

After using up some time in the shop, it was time to use our respective FP+. Maura and I headed over to Dumbo while Jason and Lucy took one last spin on Space Mountain. We of course had to get a pink Dumbo. Here's the proof.

And an evening shot of Dumbo because it looks so cool all lit up.

And a blurry, terrible picture while the ride was in motion.

The line was non-existent for Dumbo, so we got in the standby line and rode again while we were waiting. No pictures that time, we just enjoyed the ride!

We met up with Jason and Lucy, and they had no last ride photo, as the system was down. That's okay. We had a lot of other ones!

We were getting kind of hungry and actually still had 1 table service credit to use, so we stopped in Cosmic Rays for something to eat. I had what I swear was a turkey sandwich, but I don't see it on the menu. But I swear that's what it was. And it was really good! The roll it was on was delicious! I guess I had green beans with it too.

The kids both had the chicken breast nuggets and fries. They were decent nuggets!

Jason had the BBQ pork sandwich with fries. He also enjoyed his.

After dinner, things were starting to wind down, and we wanted to beat the crowd out before Wishes ended, so we headed to the front, with our heads hanging. Jason and Lucy headed up to pick up our Frozen merchandise from earlier, and Maura, who had a little more $$ to spend, and I stopped in the Emporium. Guess what she got? GUESS!

If you guessed another stuffed animal, you are correct! She got an Oswald, who she has become obsessed with. He is pretty cute. I grabbed a few more little things for co-workers. We also got 2 Mickey head balloons. Since we drive, we can bring them with us, so we got a couple of those on the way out. Those last FOREVER! I think I finally just tossed them about a month ago. They weren't on the ceiling that long, but were inflated that long. And they were on the ceiling for quite a while.

Sadly, we headed out. Back to the Monorail, back to parking and on the road. Good-bye, Disney World, we'll see you next year!

But WAIT, the trip didn't end there. We were done with Disney, but we still had a few days in Florida left to spend with Jason's dad and stop mom. They are about 90 minutes Northwest of Orlando, and aside from the GPS taking us down some road that I SWEAR was a walking path, the drive was uneventful and we arrived at their house about 11:00. Even though we were sad to leave Disney, we were excited to be there. Of course Grandma and Grandpa have a pool (because if you live in Florida and don't have a pool, I think you're an outcast and get put on a list or something. :) ), and the girls were ready to go in it right away. We had to persuade them to sleep first with the promise of swimming first thing in the morning.

Thank goodness for a Grandma and Grandpa who only see the kids a couple of times a year so they are ready to do whatever the kids want. Those kids were up at the you-know-what crack of dawn hoping to get in that pool. Jason and I were blissfully unaware though, as we remained in Dreamland while G and G took the girls in the pool! They were still in there when I rolled out of bed at about 9:30.

Even Bucky was exhausted. He might have even been hungover.

We took it easy that day, and went out for lunch at this place on the water. It was a place called the Homosassa Riverside Resort. I guess they have monkeys that live on the island.

Real monkeys, not my monkeys. We didn't get to find out though, because they were closed. We only got the picture. So, instead we ate at a place called Claw Daddy's. Decent food and service. No pictures, though.

We just swam and hung out the rest of the day.

The next day, Friday, September 19th, was Lucy's 8th birthday. We went bowling at Manatee Bowl.

We went back to the house, and the kids wanted to see the horse that lives behind them. The horse! There are horses everywhere in their neighborhood. They don't have one, though. They fed her some apples. Her name is Tana.

For dinner, we grilled burgers. Well, turkey and veggie burgers. My inlaws have this amazing outdoor grill area that they hardly ever use! I would be using it all the time if we had one. I am very jealous of their grill.

After dinner, we had cake, of course!

continued in next post

We swam some more, relaxed, and Jason and I packed up the car. We would leave for home in the morning.

Up early, we took a couple last pictures with G&G, and Molly, their dog, and headed out.

No pics of the ride home. You saw all that already. But, we made great time! We made it almost to Indianapolis the first day so we only had about 4 hours to go the next day. We got home Sunday, September 21st. The dog and cat were happy to see us, for sure.

We had a really wonderful trip. So glad we booked the bounce back, because in just over 3 months, we'll be BACK!

Just a few things to wrap this up. First, thanks to all of YOU who read along with me. Even if you just lurked and read, thank you. I wasn't sure how this would turn out, but I really enjoyed writing it. Thanks for sticking with me when I was slacking and had long breaks in between updates.

I wanted to copy something I saw in one of nilla's past TRs. Here are our favorites from this year. I polled the family. Jason was the hardest to get the info from. He said I should have asked him when we got home, and not 8 months later.:sad2:. He's a good sport, though, and played along.

Top 5 Rides.

Lucy
Space Mountain
Expedition Everest
Tower of Terror
Kali River Rapids (even though we didn't ride it this time, she loves it)
7 Dwarves Mine Train

Maura
Dumbo
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain
Haunted Mansion (that's my girl!)
Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin

Jason
Space Mountain
7 Dwarves Mine Train
Tower of Terror
Expedition Everest
Haunted Mansion

Your's Truly
Haunted Mansion (duh, like you didn't know that!)
Splash Mountain
Expedition Everest
Soarin'
Pirates of the Caribbean

Favorite Park Maura's answer totally surprised me!

Lucy-Magic Kingdom
Maura-Animal Kingdom (I thought for sure she'd say MK)
Jason-Hollywood Studios
Clare-Magic Kingdom. To me, MK IS Disneyworld!

Favorite Table Service Restaurant

Lucy-Chef Mickey's
Maura-T-Rex (another surprise! She said "What, I like dinosaurs," when I questioned her!)
Jason-Garden Grill
Clare-Coral Reef

Favorite Counter Service Restaurant

Lucy-Be Our Guest
Maura-Be Our Guest
Jason-Be Our Guest
Clare-Columbia Harbor House

Favorite Meet and Greet

Lucy-Talking/Magician Mickey
Maura-Elsa (not a surprise)
Jason-Talking/Magician Mickey
Clare-King Louie and Baloo (again, duh!)

So life has gone on here in Milwaukee since September. We had a long, gray winter that turned into a long, gray, cold spring. Summer is coming, though, I have hope! And with summer comes Disney once again! Hopefully my hair and feet will fare better this time. :)

I have been thinking about doing a PTR, but we aren't huge planners except for meals and now FP+, but I may still do one. What do you think?

Thanks again for reading!

Clare

What a great Trip Report, and what an awesome trip! Your family sounds like a blast, and I'm perpetually amazed at the amount of stuffed animals your kids purchase and lug around.

We're super-excited for our upcoming stay at CBR, and this TR played a big role in this. I'll be sure to say "hello" to Mr. Happy :)

If you don't do a lot of planning, just throw the PTR stuff at the beginning of your TR next trip, assuming you will be writing another TR. Please say you will be writing another TR.

Where are you staying in August? Forgive me if you already told us. CBR again?

Thanks again for sharing your story! It was a riot.

What a great last night. I LOVE Dumbo at night...it's so pretty.

We ate at Cosmic Ray's last week and really enjoyed again.

How nice of G&G to get up with the kids to go swimming while you slept in a bit.

Love Lucy's birthday cake.

I should do a favorite list for my trip...but it rarely changes from trip to trip.

YES...you should write a PTR. Just give me a few days to catch up before you start it. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

What a great Trip Report, and what an awesome trip! Your family sounds like a blast, and I'm perpetually amazed at the amount of stuffed animals your kids purchase and lug around.

Thanks! That's a huge compliment coming from you. My family is pretty fun, most of the time. Look us up if you're ever in Wisconsin. :) And yes, the stuffed animals are ALWAYS with us. Always.

We're super-excited for our upcoming stay at CBR, and this TR played a big role in this. I'll be sure to say "hello" to Mr. Happy :)

I hope it doesn't disappoint and I'm glad I could be helpful. Definitely say hi to Mr. Happy for us! We'll miss them this year.

If you don't do a lot of planning, just throw the PTR stuff at the beginning of your TR next trip, assuming you will be writing another TR. Please say you will be writing another TR.

Yes, I'll definitely be writing another one. It's the best way for me to talk about the trip. At least I know on here everyone wants to hear about it. I may do a small PTR. I can throw some real time stuff in there and put the reveal when we finally decide to tell the kids.

I hope you are writing another TR too! I'll be anxiously waiting!

Where are you staying in August? Forgive me if you already told us. CBR again?

No, we're cheating on CBR with POR this year. We LOVE CBR and will definitely go back, but we just wanted to check out another resort and I love New Orleans and Princess and the Frog, so we decided to check it out.

Thanks again for sharing your story! It was a riot.

Thanks! It was fun to write and re-live.

What a great last night. I LOVE Dumbo at night...it's so pretty.

Quite possibly the prettiest ride at night. The glowing water. I love it.

We ate at Cosmic Ray's last week and really enjoyed again.

Good to know it's still up to par! I'm sure we'll be going back there this year at some point.

How nice of G&G to get up with the kids to go swimming while you slept in a bit.

They are the best. I think they feel guilty sometimes because they live so far away and don't see the girls as much as my parents do, so they really spend every moment with them when we do see them. And it lets Jason and I have some down time.

Love Lucy's birthday cake.

It was so pretty, and really tasty! I believe it came from Publix. I love that place. Wish we had them up here!

I should do a favorite list for my trip...but it rarely changes from trip to trip.

I'm sure that's hard! Mine doesn't change too often, but the kids do. And as we try new restaurants, mine and Jason's might change a little. The rides will probably always stay the same for me, though.

YES...you should write a PTR. Just give me a few days to catch up before you start it. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

:rotfl2:Okay. I'll at least wait until you start your next TR before I start one. And who am I kidding? Look how long it took me to write this!

Loved your trip report. I also have 2 girls ages 8 & almost 5. They are taking their first trip to Disney this August.

Loved your trip report. I also have 2 girls ages 8 & almost 5. They are taking their first trip to Disney this August.

Thanks! And um when will you be there in August? We're going too and also staying at POR. We arrive the 20th.

Oh, also, if you can hear a tiny voice singing or talking/yelling at the top of her lungs but can't see her, it's probably Maura!

My name's Clare?

Are you sure? :confused3

I think this is like Lucy's 6th time this trip.

NICE! That's my goal for our September trip; at least 6 rides on Space Mountain!

ANOTHER stuffed animal

Yeah, DD is 8 months old and already has an extensive collection... I think we're gonna need a wall net like the one your girls have.

so we headed to the front, with our heads hanging

Le sad!:sad1:

Guess what she got? GUESS!

A cookie? No. A balloon? That doesn't sound right either... What could it be...?

But WAIT, the trip didn't end there. We were done with Disney, but we still had a few days in Florida left to spend with Jason's dad and stop mom

Yay for Florida vacations with grandparents!!!

the GPS taking us down some road that I SWEAR was a walking path

I hate the GPS for this kinda stuff. I've experienced moments where I've asked the GPS "Are you sure this is the way?"

because if you live in Florida and don't have a pool, I think you're an outcast and get put on a list or something.

It's true; we're on the list of pool-less Floridians, it's shameful really.

They were still in there when I rolled out of bed at about 9:30.

You know you're a parent when: "Sleeping in" means 9:30 AM.

Even Bucky was exhausted. He might have even been hungover.

Get that toy some aspirin, he don't look too good!

The next day, Friday, September 19th, was Lucy's 8th birthday. We went bowling at Manatee Bowl.

Happy Birthday Lucy (I know it was like forever ago, but I had to say it!)

I can't with this. She's too cute.

DSC_1277_zpssf9leccx.jpg

Effortless shot! Good form Lucy!

Such a big sister face. I know cause I make it at my little sister all the time.

We had a really wonderful trip. So glad we booked the bounce back, because in just over 3 months, we'll be BACK!

Yay for Bouncebacks!! I've never booked one but I'm already planning on doing it this year. Only a Disney addict thinks about booking another trip BEFORE their next trip. :rolleyes:

Jason was the hardest to get the info from. He said I should have asked him when we got home, and not 8 months later.:sad2:. He's a good sport, though, and played along.

Men.

Maura-T-Rex (another surprise! She said "What, I like dinosaurs," when I questioned her!)

I literally laughed out loud here.

Lucy-Be Our Guest
Maura-Be Our Guest
Jason-Be Our Guest

Is it wrong that I read this in the sing songy way: Be our guest, be our guest, Be Our Gueeeest!

Hopefully my hair and feet will fare better this time.

Heehee

What do you think?

Do it! I'll read it!!:thumbsup2

Thanks again for reading!

Thanks for writing it! I had so much fun following along on this great adventure and getting to know you guys a little bit! You have a great family, and I look forward to being able to see more of your awesome Disney adventures!!:goodvibes

Are you sure? :confused3

Not really. :rolleyes1 I get called so many things, sometimes I'm not sure.

NICE! That's my goal for our September trip; at least 6 rides on Space Mountain!

Do it! I'm sure Lucy will try to surpass that this year.

Yeah, DD is 8 months old and already has an extensive collection... I think we're gonna need a wall net like the one your girls have.

Seriously, we have a net, a bean bag cover full of them, and their beds. I don't know how they sleep in their beds.

Le sad!:sad1:

The saddest. :sad:

A cookie? No. A balloon? That doesn't sound right either... What could it be...?

Smart aleck.

Yay for Florida vacations with grandparents!!!

They are pretty awesome. We don't really have to parent at all.

I hate the GPS for this kinda stuff. I've experienced moments where I've asked the GPS "Are you sure this is the way?"

Seriously, it was a sand covered road in the middle of no where in darkness. There was no street sign, but the GPS insisted. I really thought some backwood people were going to come and get us.

It's true; we're on the list of pool-less Floridians, it's shameful really.

Whoa, those exist?

You know you're a parent when: "Sleeping in" means 9:30 AM.

LOL! I know! But it felt good.

Get that toy some aspirin, he don't look too good!

Poor Bucky. We ran him ragged.

I can't with this. She's too cute.

LOL. The bowling. She should be a natural since we're from Milwaukee. I think that ball weighed maybe 6 lbs.

Effortless shot! Good form Lucy!

She did pretty well! She took a bowling class last summer.

Such a big sister face. I know cause I make it at my little sister all the time.

I am a big sister and I have made that face!

Yay for Bouncebacks!! I've never booked one but I'm already planning on doing it this year. Only a Disney addict thinks about booking another trip BEFORE their next trip. :rolleyes:

Do it! We got free dining!

Men.

:crazy2:

I literally laughed out loud here.

:rotfl2:It was so funny. So dead pan.

Is it wrong that I read this in the sing songy way: Be our guest, be our guest, Be Our Gueeeest!

Of course not!

Heehee

:faint:

Do it! I'll read it!!:thumbsup2

I'm getting ready. Sort of.

Thanks for writing it! I had so much fun following along on this great adventure and getting to know you guys a little bit! You have a great family, and I look forward to being able to see more of your awesome Disney adventures!!:goodvibes

Thanks for reading! I will definitely have another TR after our trip and I'm going to try to throw together some sort of PTR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter