Europe 2020

Has DCL done any European itineraries besides Mediterranean in June?

LAX

I think Norway has been in June before - I know there have been times I haven't been able to consider it at all because of school and a late summer would work for me but not June since I'm not finished teaching until the very end of June.

I think Norway has been in June before - I know there have been times I haven't been able to consider it at all because of school and a late summer would work for me but not June since I'm not finished teaching until the very end of June.

Thanks. I am kinda in a tight spot between my placeholder expiring in late June and kiddos not finishing school until early June.

LAX

Thanks. I am kinda in a tight spot between my placeholder expiring in late June and kiddos not finishing school until early June.

LAX

You're welcome! I can't guarantee anything, but I know they have seemed to alternate every few years doing the Med early and Norway late and then Norway early and the Med late.

You're welcome! I can't guarantee anything, but I know they have seemed to alternate every few years doing the Med early and Norway late and then Norway early and the Med late.

We are okay with either itinerary. In fact, we may not even do Europe at all. It really comes down to what we can fit into our schedule.

LAX

Hello. I noticed some people commented that they did the Disney cruise from Barcelona to Rome. (One way). We are hoping to do this cruise in June of this year. How were the waters? Were they rough? Also, how did you handle flying in and turning home? Did you do 2 one ways or a round trip? THANKS!

Hello. I noticed some people commented that they did the Disney cruise from Barcelona to Rome. (One way). We are hoping to do this cruise in June of this year. How were the waters? Were they rough? Also, how did you handle flying in and turning home? Did you do 2 one ways or a round trip? THANKS!

We did this cruise in June and had a great time. The waters were very smooth and still. I didn't feel anything and I'm extremely sensitive.

It worked best for us to take a direct flight out of Austin to London and then from London head to Barcelona. Then we arrived in Rome, spent some time there and then my DH went back to London and then home. My DD and I went to Geneva to visit a friend before going back to London and then home. The London thing was just immensely cheaper, even with the overnight stays. The cheapest I could ever find from Austin was around $1300/person one way to Barcelona (and similar home from Rome). We paid about that same price for roundtrip air in Premiere class on Norwegian. And we had a fantastic time in London. I was so glad we did it. It also broke up the flying a bit. I definitely felt less jet-lagged not having a layover and then hopping on yet another flight.

My whole trip report is in my signature if you want to read about more about logistics and what we did in each port.

Has DCL done any European itineraries besides Mediterranean in June?

LAX
This has only happened the past couple of years. We did the Baltic and Iceland/Norway cruises in June, and I was always wanting them to be in August with the Med earlier. We do not start school until after Labor Day. Of course, as soon as we had done both of these cruises, Disney goes and switches the cruises! :)

This has only happened the past couple of years. We did the Baltic and Iceland/Norway cruises in June, and I was always wanting them to be in August with the Med earlier. We do not start school until after Labor Day. Of course, as soon as we had done both of these cruises, Disney goes and switches the cruises! :)

I think they are switching them every few years so that people where schools begin in September but go through June have a shot at the itineraries in August and those where schools end in May but go back to school in late July/early August have a shot at them in June.

I am impatiently waiting with you all too! Both Norwegian and RCL have their summer 2020 itineraries long out. And especially if you're planning on going in May/June 2020, that's really not that far off!!

Also for those asking about when DCL went where, in the past, check out https://touringplans.com/disney-cruise-line/tools/fare-tracker - you can pick an itinerary and it will tell you past dates.

FYI Magic is scheduled at Civitavecchia (for Rome) beginning late May and weekly through June 2020.

Oh my gosh this is exciting!! I hope one of these cruises either leaves from Rome or ends there! Where are you able to see port schedules? Are you able to see when DCL is scheduled in Norway? Does there look like there's a possibility of an 8 night from Rome? I know it may be impossible to tell lol

That's awesome and fingers crossed for you!! I'd LOVE to do Norway but they've only offered it in late August for the past couple of years and that would mean my son would have to miss a week or more of school...if they offer it in June, July or early August though I'll be all over it!

Same for us. It's the only one I'm REALLY interested in or a British Isles option, so will have to wait and see. The suspense is killing me though!

FYI Magic is scheduled at Civitavecchia (for Rome) beginning late May and weekly through June 2020.
Where did you see this? I saw it on http://ports.cruisett.com/schedule/Italy/135-Civitavecchia_Rome/May_2020/ for May but the June schedule isn't showing up for me. It makes me crazy that DCL has obviously already booked the reports so why not release to the public already!

Edited to add - I take it back! When you click on any month through December 2019, the schedule displays correctly. Any month AFTER December 2019 (e.g. Jan 2020 - June 2020) shows May of 2018? Anyone else having this issue?

Thank you for this info! I wonder if the Transatlantic cruise will end in Civitavecchia on May 25? Or - it may depart earlier in May with a TA to Barcelona, followed by a shorter repo cruise to Civitavecchia.

My husband and I are already booked on a May 2020 Tampa to Amsterdam TA, as well as a Nov. 2020 Civitavecchia to Miami TA - both on Royal Caribbean.

Thanks for the info! That's good to know for our planning. I'm glad they're doing the Med. first again! Now if they'll just have Norway or British Isles in July-mid August before our placeholder expires on 8/16/20!

The Kirkwall Scotland Port website has the Magic arriving on Friday August 28th from Reykjavik going to Dover.

https://www.orkneyharbours.com/files/cruise-ships/2020.pdf?mode=view

Its likely that the 11 day Iceland-Norway cruise or some variation will be reversed from Copenhagen to Dover in 2020. I would also guess that any Baltic and/or Norway cruises will be late July to early August 2020.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter