Europe 2020

Anna Chassereau

DIS Veteran
I'm dying for the Europe 2020 itineraries to be released!! We are booking for our 10th Anniversary and will be our fourth DCL cruise...would love Norway but it's looking like it will probably be the Mediterranean which will work better with our sons school schedule. Just seriously can't wait to book!!

Summer 2020 will likely be released in Feb. or March right? Anyone else booking Europe in 2020 and if so where do you want to go?!

Hoping to book Norway, or Norway/Iceland, or British Isles for 2020 if the timing works out and it's in our budget... We've got a placeholder to use by 8/16/20.

That's awesome and fingers crossed for you!! I'd LOVE to do Norway but they've only offered it in late August for the past couple of years and that would mean my son would have to miss a week or more of school...if they offer it in June, July or early August though I'll be all over it!

Hoping to book a Mediterranean cruise for 2020, specifically one that starts in Barcelona and ends in Rome. Keeping my fingers crossed that they keep the same schedule for 2020 that they have for 2019!

That's awesome and fingers crossed for you!! I'd LOVE to do Norway but they've only offered it in late August for the past couple of years and that would mean my son would have to miss a week or more of school...if they offer it in June, July or early August though I'll be all over it!

We had a bit of excitement this year. I booked the Alaska cruise embarking on 8/20/18 back in early '17 seeing as how our childrens' school district always started school after labor day. We're in, right? Nope. Classes started 8/13/18. Exciting conversations with the principals. The middle school principal was very understanding and the teacher worked wtih our girls; the high school teacher was less than understanding. Fortunately, his teachers allowed him to make up the missed work over 2 weeks.

Hoping to book a Mediterranean cruise for 2020, specifically one that starts in Barcelona and ends in Rome. Keeping my fingers crossed that they keep the same schedule for 2020 that they have for 2019!

Fingers crossed for you!! We're wanting roundtrip from Rome...I'm so hoping they offer another 8 night from Rome like they did this year!

We had a bit of excitement this year. I booked the Alaska cruise embarking on 8/20/18 back in early '17 seeing as how our childrens' school district always started school after labor day. We're in, right? Nope. Classes started 8/13/18. Exciting conversations with the principals. The middle school principal was very understanding and the teacher worked wtih our girls; the high school teacher was less than understanding. Fortunately, his teachers allowed him to make up the missed work over 2 weeks.

That's great you got to do Alaska with your kids!! I cruised Alaska on Princess in 2009...it's one of the most beautiful places I've ever visited!! School is important but so is making lifelong memories with your family! Life is short and in the grand scheme of things a trip like that trumps them missing a bit of school!

We have the same problem, though for us, it's our daughter's gymnastics competition season. Her meets start in early August so unless DCL changes the schedule back to the way it was a few years ago, it won't work for us. This is why we went to the Mediterranean in June. We had a great time, but I'd like to do something else for 2020! Right now we have a southern booked for January, but we'd love to return to Europe.

We did the Barcelona to Rome cruise in June and had a great time! I loved beginning and ending with different cities to explore. Even though we'd been to Rome before, we had no problems finding more to do there. It really deserves more than one day of exploring!

I've done both the Med and Dover to Barcelona so would love Baltic, British Isles or Norway/Iceland. It will be my 50th July 2020 so would love to do something special for it. If the schedule remains the same though, I might have to do a different line to actually be somewhere I've not been for my bday. Keeping my fingers crossed :)

We did the Barcelona to Rome cruise in June and had a great time! I loved beginning and ending with different cities to explore. Even though we'd been to Rome before, we had no problems finding more to do there. It really deserves more than one day of exploring!

It was actually your trip report that made me want to do the Barcelona to Rome cruise! I hadn't even considered it as an option until I read your report! Now, I don't know if I'll be able to "settle" for anything different!

We are booked on four different European itineraries in summer 2019 - and will probably do two of them. Just don't know which two yet.:confused3

For summer 2020, the plan is to do a Trans-Siberian train trip from Asia to Moscow to Europe. Would love to celebrate it with a cruise on Magic at the end.

Yes! We are going to do a Med cruise in May 2020 for my MBA graduation, followed by a trip to Disneyland Paris. I'm so excited it is unreal! I have never planned a vacation this far out though, I have no idea how I can possibly wait but it will be worth it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!