ETPE and All-Star Sports...Bus vs Car

MIChessGuy

(Almost) Too Old for Roller Coasters
I somehow snagged an excellent rate at All-Star Sports via Priceline Express and now I'm wondering about the best way to make it to DHS for ETPE. Not having stayed on-site in some years, I am rusty with this stuff.

If I want to reach the DHS tapstyle about 45 minutes ahead of the official start of Early Entry, is that possible? I will have a car but am not sure how far ahead of Early Entry the DHS parking lot opens. If anyone has taken a bus early in the morning to DHS, how early did it come? Did the bus go to the other All Stars before going to DHS? Assuming the bus option is workable, is there a recommended time that I should be at the bus stop in order to make it 45 minutes ahead of official ETPE start time?

Take the bus
Can you expound? I am in a similar situation where I'm going to have a car at ASMo and am considering driving to all of the parks so I'm not beholden to Disney busses and have the ability to go offsite for dinner without having to go back to the resort. What are the timelines as far as busses and parking lots being open?

Can you expound? I am in a similar situation where I'm going to have a car at ASMo and am considering driving to all of the parks so I'm not beholden to Disney busses and have the ability to go offsite for dinner without having to go back to the resort. What are the timelines as far as busses and parking lots being open?
Buses get in before the parking lots open.

I think the general consensus (from what I’ve read) is to be at your bus stop 60-90 minutes before ETPE.
I have seen that in a few places as well. But, it is hard to know what's reliable since it seems like a lot of what Disney itself says about bus service does not correspond with reality. I definitely would prefer the bus if it showed up at least 60 minutes ahead of the start time for ETPE. In addition to that being a gamble, the bus then might go to the other All Stars instead of proceeding directly to DHS which would be annoying.

I have seen that in a few places as well. But, it is hard to know what's reliable since it seems like a lot of what Disney itself says about bus service does not correspond with reality. I definitely would prefer the bus if it showed up at least 60 minutes ahead of the start time for ETPE. In addition to that being a gamble, the bus then might go to the other All Stars instead of proceeding directly to DHS which would be annoying.
That 90-minute suggestion is based on reports here on DISboards, corroborating that buses/Skyliner/boats generally start running about an hour prior to ETPE, and to be on that first run you need to be at the station 30 minutes before that.

Check out Post 1 of this thread - it is kept up to date based on most recent reports as well as announced changes. https://www.disboards.com/threads/everything-early-theme-park-entry-etpe-please-read-post-1.3855945/

That 90-minute suggestion is based on reports here on DISboards, corroborating that buses/Skyliner/boats generally start running about an hour prior to ETPE, and to be on that first run you need to be at the station 30 minutes before that.

Check out Post 1 of this thread - it is kept up to date based on most recent reports as well as announced changes. https://www.disboards.com/threads/everything-early-theme-park-entry-etpe-please-read-post-1.3855945/
O.K., thanks. If I should decide to drive it but miscalculate the parking lot's opening time, do the CMs there generally cause traffic to turn around? Does that result in a bunch of DHS guests driving around and around until they see green lights at the parking toll booths?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter