Escape from the North - A Week at the Yacht Club - April 2015- Complete* 1/5

Day 7
Epcot Part 1

It's been so long since I've updated. :o:o

I was on a roll last summer when I spilled coffee on my laptop. :furious: It was a total loss. By the time I got a new machine and found the pictures I had lost my TR mojo. :sad2:

I am determined to finish the report if only so I can go back someday and read all about our amazing trip. Full disclosure: my renewed interest may have to do with my planning a new trip. :thumbsup2 It probably won't happen but I'm currently running the numbers for another April trip.

When we last left off we were finishing off our last evening in Disney. :sad: We woke early and packed our bags. On our way out we left our bags at the front and rode the boat one last time to the International Gateway. We arrived at around 9 and made our way to Future World for our FP+s. We snapped some photos in the nearly empty park.

DSC_11073.jpg

DSC_1106d.jpg

DSC_1108 (2)j.jpg

We headed straight to:

DSC_11091.jpg

We didn't have a FP for this one so I was thrilled to walk right on. I took a bunch of photos but I'll just share a hidden Mickey that I caught.

DSC_1115k.jpg

After the ride we had breakfast at Sunshine Seasons. I'll update my DR soon with my impressions.

After breakfast we headed over to our FP for Spaceship Earth. For the duration of the vacation Sam had insisted on riding with Jamie but this time I got to ride with Sammy. Here's a glimpse of our future:

DSC_1135j.jpg

We had some time before our Test Track FP so I got some more pics of the topiaries:

DSC_1140k.jpg

DSC_1141k.jpg

DSC_0001m.jpg

DSC_0002m - Copy.jpg

Coming up: We ride TT

Last edited:
::yes::

I was on a roll last summer when I spilled coffee on my laptop. :furious: It was a total loss.
Moral of the story: Coffee is bad.

We didn't have a FP for this one so I was thrilled to walk right on. I took a bunch of photos but I'll just share a hidden Mickey that I caught.
Cool! I always enjoy that ride and they usually seem to have a lot of hidden Mickeys scattered around.

After breakfast we headed over to our FP for Spaceship Earth. For the duration of the vacation Sam had insisted on riding with Jamie but this time I got to ride with Sammy. Here's a glimpse of our future:
I'm glad that you managed to get an elusive ride with him!

Welcome back! I'd been wondering what happened to you! (I said I was going to cut back my dis time, but I can't seem to leave entirely) No trips in the hopper for me, however.

Cute topiary photos!

HI Colleen! :wave2:

Good to see you back! Love all the topiary pictures! I hope to get to DW during F&G someday. I hope you and your family are having good Holidays! Sorry about your computer, that is a real bummer :guilty:

Hope your plans for another April trip work out, are you thinking 2016 or 2017? I have tentative plans for April 2017 ( trying to get that F&G in!)

Again, good to see you back!

I was on a roll last summer when I spilled coffee on my laptop. :furious: It was a total loss. By the time I got a new machine and found the pictures I had lost my TR mojo. :sad2:

Oh man, I hate when things like that happen. It's a waste of perfectly good coffee ... and very sad to lose your computer.

Full disclosure: my renewed interest may have to do with my planning a new trip.

Always a good reason for a renewed interest in a TR. I hope your trip can somehow end up happening!

We snapped some photos in the nearly empty park.

Pictures with no people! Awesome!

I took a bunch of photos but I'll just share a hidden Mickey that I caught.

dsc_1115k-jpg.141725

That is super cool!

Sounds like a good start to the morning!

I'm sorry, who is this again?

:rolleyes2

Ugh. Not fun. I had some laptop issues as well.
I had better luck with mine, though.

Full disclosure: my renewed interest may have to do with my planning a new trip.

Oh? Well, that would be okay!

It probably won't happen but I'm currently running the numbers for another April trip.

Good luck!

We didn't have a FP for this one so I was thrilled to walk right on.

I suspect it's pretty dead in the morning there.

After the ride we had breakfast at Sunshine Seasons.

I've eaten there once before, back in 2005.
If I recall we enjoyed it.

Here's a glimpse of our future:

And you know that's gonna happen. Just wait and see.

Welcome back Colleen!!!! Hope your April trip works out. We're going then for the first time (15-24 so hubby can run the half marathon) and I'm looking forward to the warm weather and Flower and Garden Festival. Which your pictures now really have me in the mood for ; )

Moral of the story: Coffee is bad.

Coffee good! Being careless while handling it near my laptop: bad.

Cool! I always enjoy that ride and they usually seem to have a lot of hidden Mickeys scattered around.

I've seen photos and I was glad we spotted one.

I'm glad that you managed to get an elusive ride with him!

I'm so lucky! :rolleyes:

Welcome back! I'd been wondering what happened to you! (I said I was going to cut back my dis time, but I can't seem to leave entirely) No trips in the hopper for me, however.

Cute topiary photos!

Thanks! I'm glad to be back and excited to finish this TR and start a new PTR.

HI Colleen! :wave2:

Good to see you back! Love all the topiary pictures! I hope to get to DW during F&G someday. I hope you and your family are having good Holidays! Sorry about your computer, that is a real bummer :guilty:

Hope your plans for another April trip work out, are you thinking 2016 or 2017? I have tentative plans for April 2017 ( trying to get that F&G in!)

Again, good to see you back!

Thank you! :goodvibes We had a busy but nice holiday. Hope you have a great New Year!

Actually, we won't be going in April but I just booked an August trip and will start a PTR after this one is done.

I hope your April trip works out, it's such a nice time of year to go.

Oh man, I hate when things like that happen. It's a waste of perfectly good coffee ... and very sad to lose your computer.

Yeah, I was sad to see it go. But Jamie knows me and he got me the protection plan last year when he bought it for me for xmas. So they replaced it but the one I had was discontinued and I don't like this new one as much. But beggars can't be choosers.

Always a good reason for a renewed interest in a TR. I hope your trip can somehow end up happening!

Oh, it's happening. More details to come.

Pictures with no people! Awesome!

Yeah, it was a unexpected bonus. I didn't realize how quiet it would be.

That is super cool!

Sounds like a good start to the morning!

Thanks! I almost missed it and got the picture just in time.

Welcome back!!!!

Good to be back. :banana:

Oooooooh. I'm intrigued! Make it happen, girl!

I'm determined. I'll start a PTR soon. :thumbsup2

I'm sorry, who is this again?

Did you forget me so soon?

Ugh. Not fun. I had some laptop issues as well.
I had better luck with mine, though.

I couldn't believe mine couldn't be salvaged. It wasn't even that much coffee. :confused3

Good luck!

Thanks. Hope to have a PTR up after I finish this TR.

I suspect it's pretty dead in the morning there.

It is. Surprisingly so.

I've eaten there once before, back in 2005.
If I recall we enjoyed it.

It's not bad for quick service. Lots of variety.

And you know that's gonna happen. Just wait and see.

I hope our heads are on straight in the future. :laughing:

Welcome back Colleen!!!! Hope your April trip works out. We're going then for the first time (15-24 so hubby can run the half marathon) and I'm looking forward to the warm weather and Flower and Garden Festival. Which your pictures now really have me in the mood for ; )

It's so beautiful in April. I hope you have a great time. We're not going to be able to make it for April but we're going in August. PTR coming soon. ;)

I'm so excited for a new Colleen PTR!! :hyper: August at DW kinda scares me just a little bit, just for the heat factor alone. This Colorado girl is not used to 110% humidity! My son and I are going at the beginning of June and I'm already wondering how I'm going to handle that!

I'm so excited for a new Colleen PTR!! :hyper: August at DW kinda scares me just a little bit, just for the heat factor alone. This Colorado girl is not used to 110% humidity! My son and I are going at the beginning of June and I'm already wondering how I'm going to handle that!

I'm so excited to have a new trip to plan and look forward to. :woohoo: I have to be honest - August scares me, too. I'll get into more detail in the PTR but I got a deal I couldn't really pass up and if I think I plan well we can manage the weather. I hope.

I hope you have a great time in June!! :goodvibes

Day 7
Epcot Part 2

I hope everyone had happy holidays and a safe and healthy New Year!!

I wish I hadn't waited so long to finish the report as my memories have really started to fade and the pictures and notes aren't helping me much. I just finished my DR and I couldn't remember a darn thing about the last restaurant we ate at. I just put up the pictures and was like, "I got nothing." :rotfl:That might be the best I can do here.

At some point this morning we had some PP photos taken.

EPCOT_FWROVER_7287717971.jpg

The next thing on our agenda was

DSC_1147.jpg

We'd never ridden this one and based on our experience with some of the other rides we tried (absolute terror :scared1:) I wasn't sure anyone else would like this one. I was pretty sure since there wouldn't be any drops that Jamie would be ok with it. I hoped the boys would like the race car element enough to brave it.

Here are the cars we made. I think the black one was mine and Aidan's and Sammy made the green car with Jamie.

DSC_1148.jpg

DSC_1149.jpg

Surprisingly everyone made it onto the ride and I think we all enjoyed it.

EPCOT_DPIRIDESYSGMTT_7287847731.jpg

After this we had some time to kill before our last FP so we visited Ellen's Energy Adventure. Even though it's pretty dated we still enjoy it. It's a nice break from the heat and the walking for the kids. :thumbsup2

Finally we headed over to the Seas to catch our last FP and ride of the trip: The Seas. I don't remember much about this nor did I take any pictures. I'm sure the kids enjoyed it. :confused3

On our way out I had to stop for another MM photo. Sam absolutely refused to take part (I think he's behind us on the wall) so Stitch served as his stand-in.

EPCOT_LIVINSEAS_7287961997.jpg

We were finished with Future World for this trip so we headed over to Mexico for our last ADR. I hope you're not growing weary of topiaries because I have one more for you. ;)

DSC_0010,.jpg

Sorcerer Mickey is Sam's favorite.

I really liked the atmosphere at San Angel Inn, how it feels like dining under the stars. The dining room is pretty crowded. It felt like the couple next to us were dining with us so I tried to keep the picture taking and other shenanigans to a minimum.

DSC_0014.jpg

On our way out the boys just had to try on the huge sombreros.

DSC_0020.JPG

DSC_0021.JPG

We had time for one last spin around the World Showcase before we head home.

Last edited:
I wish I hadn't waited so long to finish the report as my memories have really started to fade

Oh, sure! It's okay for you! But when the rest of us have memory issues, well.... I give you exhibit A:

Did you forget me so soon?

See?

I just put up the pictures and was like, "I got nothing." :rotfl:

:lmao:

You probably did. I would think that if someone didn't, you'd remember that.

After this we had some time to kill before our last FP so we visited Ellen's Energy Adventure. Even though it's pretty dated we still enjoy it. It's a nice break from the heat and the walking for the kids. :thumbsup2

Still haven't done that recently.
Last time was before Ellen was around.

On our way out I had to stop for another MM photo. Sam absolutely refused to take part

Had enough, huh?

The dining room is pretty crowded. It felt like the couple next to us were dining with us

Nope. I'll pass then. I don't care for crowded dining.
Although paradoxically, I don't mind Biergarten or Teppan Edo, where you share a table.
Just something about tables crowded together that bugs me.

dsc_0020-jpg.142544

dsc_0021-jpg.142545

:laughing: Those are great shots!

I just put up the pictures and was like, "I got nothing." :rotfl:That might be the best I can do here.
You always have a little something ; )

epcot_dpiridesysgmtt_7287847731-jpg.142594
Woohoo, a thrill ride the whole family can enjoy.

On our way out I had to stop for another MM photo. Sam absolutely refused to take part (I think he's behind us on the wall) so Stitch served as his stand-in.
Seems appropriate ; )

really liked the atmosphere at San Angel Inn, how it feels like dining under the stars. The dining room is pretty crowded. It felt like the couple next to us were dining with us so I tried to keep the picture taking and other shenanigans to a minimum.
I'm with ya on the atmosphere and the crowds. It's like someone figured out how they could cram as many tables as possible into the small area and not even give you enough room to walk. Might as well just push all the tables together and call it family style like Biergarten

Great pictures!!!!

I wish I hadn't waited so long to finish the report as my memories have really started to fade and the pictures and notes aren't helping me much. I just finished my DR and I couldn't remember a darn thing about the last restaurant we ate at. I just put up the pictures and was like, "I got nothing."
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: That memorable, huh?

I hoped the boys would like the race car element enough to brave it.
Between the speed element and the design element, what's not to like from a boy's perspective?

Good place for a nap!

I hope you're not growing weary of topiaries because I have one more for you. ;)
Never!

I really liked the atmosphere at San Angel Inn, how it feels like dining under the stars. The dining room is pretty crowded. It felt like the couple next to us were dining with us so I tried to keep the picture taking and other shenanigans to a minimum.
Hmm... I guess I never noticed this. Although I've only eaten there once and we were right along the water so we weren't really surrounded or anything. I really love the outdoor feel of the restaurant though!

I wish I hadn't waited so long to finish the report as my memories have really started to fade and the pictures and notes aren't helping me much.
My trip was only a month ago, and I'm struggling with this already!

Here are the cars we made. I think the black one was mine and Aidan's and Sammy made the green car with Jamie.
The car creation process always confuses me. I think sometimes I just mash buttons and hope for the best!

epcot_dpiridesysgmtt_7287847731-jpg.142594
Hooray!!

Do you know that I've NEVER done this ever? It's on my list for the next trip, just so that I can cross it off the list!

Day 7
Epcot Part 3 - Departure :sad:

I'll be wrapping up this report and summarizing the trip. I'm looking forward to starting my PTR and will post the link in my signature soon. :yay::cheer2::banana:

After we finished lunch in the Mexico pavilion we headed out to take one last spin around World Showcase. We spotted Donald and the boys wanted a meet and signatures.

He seemed happy to see them:

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

He definitely didn't want anyone else to sign Sam's hat. ;) :laughing:

DSC_0033.jpg

We'd skipped Norway on our previous tour of the WS so we made sure to stop. The boys didn't have to be convinced to pose with this guy.

DSC_0034.jpg

We looked around the shops for a little while and we took some photos.

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

They had a fragrance there I really liked that I kind of regret getting. I usually have to live with it for a little while before I know if I will wear it or not so I passed on it. I will definitely go back in August and if it still appeals to me, I'll get it. ::yes:: I'm pretty sure it's called Laila - I had to look it up online because I didn't remember.

Our next stop was the store in Japan. Aidan had seen some Gundam (?) toys during our last visit and was saving the $$ left on his gift card so he bought those. We also checked out the exhibit there.

DSC_0045.jpg

It was interesting to see the comparison between the original stories and the anime but a quick look was all we needed.

Our last stop was in America. The Voices of Liberty were on the big stage.

DSC_0039.jpg

I thought they were always in the America building. I was wondering if they were filling the stage because another act had canceled or if they typically perform here. It looks like they're dressed differently, too, than they were when I saw them the other day. :confused3

Since we had time before we had to head out we caught one last show. We browsed the Kinsey Collection exhibit that was very interesting before we were allowed to enter the theater.

DSC_0050.jpg

I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. I had really enjoyed Hall of Presidents and I'd heard good things about this but it was just ok for me. Not to get too political but I thought that the show left out some pretty important parts of our past. I don't know, I guess they tried to focus on the optimistic parts which is understandable but then I couldn't help but think about all the stuff they left out. :confused3 It wasn't bad, it just made me think.

After the show we walked slowly toward the International Gateway to go back to our hotel for the ME back to the airport. We were in a bit of a hurry so we planned to walk back to the YC but the boys wanted one last boat ride. This was probably the most stressful part of the whole trip for me. We waited on the boat awhile before it pulled out - maybe they were switching drivers :confused: - and then the boat stopped at the Boardwalk before heading to the YC/BC. When the boat pulled into the dock I took off running into the hotel while Jamie wrangled the boys to make sure we weren't going to miss our bus. :eek: :faint:

Luckily we made it on time. The valet helped us with our bags and the bus driver asked us for our ME letter. I didn't have it. :scared1: We had received something to our room that had prompted us to call Disney from MK the day before to confirm our reservation. Once confirmed I didn't think I'd need the letter again. I don't know if you recall (why would you? :rotfl:) but when I'd showed my Magical Express voucher to the CM when we'd arrived she'd commented "Look at this relic!" because she didn't see them much anymore, people use their Magic Bands. This is why I didn't think I needed the paper letter since we had our MBs.

I wish I'd written more in my notes but I remember that I looked to the Disney valet for help and he kind of just excused himself from the situation. So we were left with the driver (who I think is with the bus company, not Disney correct?) trying to figure out what we had to show him to prove we were scheduled for the bus. I can't remember how we did it but he eventually believed us. I think he was new because the whole thing was extremely unorganized. He made a big production out of meeting every party that was getting on the bus, taking their letters, loading the bags onto the bus. It took forever!! Luckily we'd learned that our flight had been delayed so we weren't in a hurry but some of the other passengers were pretty worried. At one point he started the bus and started pulling away while there were still bags and passengers left out on the curb. :eek: I guess he was blocking the way for other buses so he was asked to move but we had no idea what was going on. Looking back it was amusing but at the time it was pretty nerve wracking. :scared:

Despite all of that we made it safely to the airport. I once again packed our sunscreen in the carry on so that was confiscated. Again. :blush: We had some time before the flight so we got food at McDonald's or something similar. With all the Disney excitement I'd forgotten to check in for the flight so we were the last people on the plane. It was full so I was worried about our seats, I didn't want the boys to ride by themselves. I can't remember what happened so we must have been able to sit together or at least one adult with each kid. With the flight delays we got in really late so we called the boys out of school for an extra day.

From my PTR this is what I'd originally planned for our last day and it's exactly what we did:

We will spend the morning in FW where we have FP for Spaceship Earth, Test Track and The Seas. We have lunch planned for 12:50 at San Angel Inn. We will spend our last minutes at WS and then head back to catch the ride back to MCO for our 7 something flight home.:sad:

Also from my PTR I had a list of 10 must do's:

1. Hall of Presidents
2. PhilharMagic
3. Turtle Talk
4. Main Street Electrical Parade
5. Fantasmic
6. Illuminations
7. Rope Drop at all parks (or any park)
8. Animation Station
9. Jedi Training
10. Test Track

I am happy to say that we accomplished all of these. :cool1:

Thank you all who read along! I enjoyed recapping our trip and maybe I will see some of you over at my PTR.

Bye!!

bye giphy.gif

And it's a wrap! I really enjoyed your TR! Ive got the YC on my bucket list of places to stay someday. We almost made a reservation there for the trip coming up in June, but I let my son pick and he chose WL. It looks like a beautiful resort and you can't beat its proximity to Epcot!

Looking forward to the PTR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter