Escape from the North - A Week at the Yacht Club - April 2015- Complete* 1/5

Next time. :thumbsup2

Those are magic words.

Right? Sammy wished all the animals at AK would go extinct. I don't even want to know what he would have wished to befall MK. :scared1:

:lmao:

Hadn't heard of Zebra Domes when we ate at Boma 2 trips ago. I hate the thought that I didn't have one or worse, that I did and never knew it. :sad2:

:faint:

Like people who park in Handicapped spots. It makes me :scared:

I try not to judge.
I've learned from other peoples' comments that sometimes handicaps aren't always apparent.
So I give people the benefit of the doubt... a little.
They are supposed to have those tags, right?
Yesterday I saw a cab driver parked in a handicap spot... I almost said something, but then realized there was another handicap spot right beside him.
I figured he was picking up or dropping off and wasn't preventing anyone from using a spot, so...

I was really just annoyed because right across from me were some really great spots. So I was annoyed about having to move but at least I had somewhere to move to. If there weren't any good spots available me and that dude would have had words. ::yes::

Throw down at MK!

I tried to get a shot of the headless horseman but my P&S couldn't capture it. I got a DSLR when we got back.

Probably one of the hardest things to shoot at Disney.

I try not to judge.
I've learned from other peoples' comments that sometimes handicaps aren't always apparent.
So I give people the benefit of the doubt... a little.
They are supposed to have those tags, right?

That's exactly it. As long as they have the tags I would never judge the person because I don't know what they suffer from.

It's the cars that don't have the tags and their entitled drivers. :sad2: I actually try to park as far away as I can where there aren't many cars around. I'm not a very good parking lot driver. :rotfl:

Yesterday I saw a cab driver parked in a handicap spot... I almost said something, but then realized there was another handicap spot right beside him.
I figured he was picking up or dropping off and wasn't preventing anyone from using a spot, so...

I guess I can see a cab driver who is sitting in the spot. You can figure he's not going to be there long and he can move his cab if someone needed the spot. :confused3

I actually try to park as far away as I can where there aren't many cars around. I'm not a very good parking lot driver. :rotfl:

I am.
I saw a spot open at a local grocery store, so I pulled in and parked.
These two young ladies (16? 17?) walked up to me and said "How did you do that? We tried to park there for like 5 minutes!"

Made my day.

I guess I can see a cab driver who is sitting in the spot. You can figure he's not going to be there long and he can move his cab if someone needed the spot. :confused3

Yeah. There was someone in the rear of the cab and the driver was standing right beside the cab.

I am.
I saw a spot open at a local grocery store, so I pulled in and parked.
These two young ladies (16? 17?) walked up to me and said "How did you do that? We tried to park there for like 5 minutes!"

Made my day.

That's awesome. :thumbsup2

I can parallel park like nobody's business but pulling into a tight spot that I will have to eventually back out of gives me the willies.

I can parallel park like nobody's business but pulling into a tight spot that I will have to eventually back out of gives me the willies.

Park in tight spots often.
Collect willies.
Sell them on Ebay.
Make money to go to Disney.

Awesome! Unfortunately we didn't get to take our little road trip because of the house construction. It's not too disappointing because the updates on the house are really going to be great. :thumbsup2 We did get to see the Lake Monsters in Norwich on the 4th. I think that's going to be our new July 4th tradition. They have some great fireworks!

That sounds like fun!
We actually did the Brooklyn Cyclones July 4th fireworks for a while (which ended up being on July 3rd more often than not...), but haven't in a few years. I actually haven't been to a baseball game yet this year ... hopefully tomorrow!

Day 6
Magic Kingdom Part 8

So I've got one post worth of FoF pictures then I'll wrap this day up.

DSC_1073tr.jpg

DSC_1074tr.jpg

DSC_1078tr.jpg

DSC_1080tr.jpg

DSC_1081tr.jpg

DSC_1082tr.jpg

DSC_1083tr.jpg

DSC_1084tr.jpg

I know I've already said it but we loved the parade. The costumes were beautiful. We had a great spot so the boys had lots of interaction with the characters. It definitely ended our time at MK on a high note.

I would have liked to spend the rest of the day there and see Wishes but the boys were hot and wanted to go back to the pool. It wouldn't have been much fun if they weren't happy so we headed out of the park.

On the way Sammy said, "I can't believe how much I want a Mickey Mouse shirt." I was surprised to hear that but I totally understand how he felt. I often have similar yearnings for leather boots. :rotfl: So we browsed the gift shops and I bought him a classic Mickey shirt. Aidan wanted an Oswald shirt but we had trouble finding one in a kid's size so we had to keep looking for him.

As we left I had to get one last family picture. My hair doesn't look too hideous in these. :laughing:

MK_ENTRANC2_7287079200TR.jpg

MK_ENTRANC2_7287080718TR.jpg

While we were waiting for our bus we witness what was probably the worst guest behavior of the trip. When we got to the bus stop there were a few groups in front of us. The family directly in front of us had chosen to line up straight out the entrance instead of forming a line through the turnstiles (I hope that makes sense) so we just stood behind them. As we were waiting a few other groups showed up and did the same thing. There wasn't a huge line so it didn't even spill out into the main path.

The family was really nice. They had two little girls and we chatted a little about the guns my boys had and how pleasant the noise they make was. :rolleyes2 Soon I noticed an older woman join the line but she chose to enter the turnstiles and put herself in front of that family who didn't even notice that she cut them in line. Since the line wasn't long and it was clear we'd all be getting on the bus I just kind of rolled my eyes at Jamie and said, "Look at this special snowflake."

Eventually the bus arrived and we started to get on. I saw the miserable woman shooting dirty looks at the girls and finally she snapped at them. I didn't hear what she said and the family was clearly confused. Finally she made a big production out of letting them go ahead of her and said, "Since you couldn't wait 2 seconds!" Still the family was confused about what they'd done. I'd watched this whole thing unfold and I took issue with her tone and body language. She was really angry.

I looked at her and said, "You could have waited your turn in line." Well. She physically shoved me out of her way and walked past everyone standing in line and left. She didn't even get on the bus. :eek: I didn't even think it was possible to be that angry at Disney. And for someone who wanted to get on the bus so badly I was shocked when she just left. It was amusing only because it didn't seem to bother the family that she was rude to. They were really nice and happy and if she'd upset them it would have been sad.

After all that we had an uneventful ride back to the Yacht Club.

How did we spend our last night at Disney?

Last edited:

I know I've already said it but we loved the parade. The costumes were beautiful.

I'm not big into paradades. Actually, I tend to avoid them.
That is until one night at MK when MNSSHP was on...
Now that parade was amazing!
And then, last trip I saw the FOF parade was starting soon, so thought, "Why not?"
Why not indeed! Another amazing parade!
Now I can't wait to get back there and let Kay see it! :)

I would have liked to spend the rest of the day there and see Wishes but the boys were hot and wanted to go back to the pool. It wouldn't have been much fun if they weren't happy so we headed out of the park.

::yes:: Sometimes you have to bow to the inevitable.

I often have similar yearnings for leather boots.

:laughing:

As we left I had to get one last family picture. My hair doesn't look too hideous in these. :laughing:

You guys look freakishly good for being on the way out after a hot day of touring.

She physically shoved me out of her way and walked past everyone standing in line and left.

:eek: Wow!
I wonder if her using the turnstile lane was her way of "making her point" that you were "doing it wrong" (like it matters if there's not many there.)
Either way, what poor behaviour! At least she left so the ride wasn't uncomfortable with Attila the bus rider on board.

How did we spend out last night at Disney?

Disneyquest.

More great FoF pictures. And love the Mickey shirt effect it had ; )

Your train depot pics are great. It doesn't even look like there is anyone else in the park.

I almost have no words for that woman in the bus line. It almost sounds like a hidden camera moment as its so random and out of the blue and of course totally inappropriate. Its probably a good thing she didn't get on the bus, who knows what kinda crap she'd start pulling then

I'm not big into paradades. Actually, I tend to avoid them.

Me, too. The biggest even in our neighborhood is a parade commemorating the burning of a British ship, the Gaspee, off the coast of RI in 1772. It's kind of a big deal but I refuse to go. Parades are boring. ::yes::

That is until one night at MK when MNSSHP was on...
Now that parade was amazing!

It sure was. Sammy still talks about the headless horseman. :thumbsup2

Now I can't wait to get back there and let Kay see it! :)

Yay! So great that you're going again. :goodvibes

Sometimes you have to bow to the inevitable.

Yup. We had such a great trip it wasn't much of a sacrifice.

You guys look freakishly good for being on the way out after a hot day of touring.

I think it was the FoF magic.

I wonder if her using the turnstile lane was her way of "making her point" that you were "doing it wrong" (like it matters if there's not many there.)
Either way, what poor behaviour! At least she left so the ride wasn't uncomfortable with Attila the bus rider on board.

Probably but she was really angry and put off by the kids around her. Wonder why she chose Disney to vacation since it was obvious she can't stand people. I feel sorry for her. :sad2:

Disneyquest.

I don't know what that is. :confused:

More great FoF pictures. And love the Mickey shirt effect it had ; )

Your train depot pics are great. It doesn't even look like there is anyone else in the park.

I almost have no words for that woman in the bus line. It almost sounds like a hidden camera moment as its so random and out of the blue and of course totally inappropriate. Its probably a good thing she didn't get on the bus, who knows what kinda crap she'd start pulling then

Thank you. Yeah, being a mom of boys I love it when we find common ground - like coveting an article of clothing. :laughing: I love the pictures but I hadn't even noticed that it looks like the park is empty. Now I love them even more. :lovestruc Yeah, it was completely bizarre. She must have been having a tough time so I feel kinda bad for her. :sad1:

It sure was. Sammy still talks about the headless horseman. :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2

Probably but she was really angry and put off by the kids around her. Wonder why she chose Disney to vacation since it was obvious she can't stand people. I feel sorry for her. :sad2:

I'll give people the benefit of the doubt... once my blood stops boiling.
Disney can chew you up and spit you out.

I don't know what that is. :confused:

:laughing: So I'm guessing you didn't go then!
I'll change my answer to Epcot

Day 6
Magic Kingdom Part 9

When we got back to the YC the boys were delighted to see that Mousekeeping had once again set up their stuffies in some fun scenarios and this time I got to see and take pictures. :thumbsup2

DSC_1087tr.jpg

These photos of Sam are cracking me up. His hair is short now for summer but I miss his longer hair.

DSC_1088tr.jpg

DSC_1090tr.jpg

Oswald is ordering room service, I think.

She was even kind enough to respond to the note they left. :goodvibes

DSC_1091tr.jpg

I love Disney! :love:

Storm Along Bay is a great pool but we ended up back at the quiet pool because of how close it was to our room. We spent a relaxing late afternoon at the pool. When everyone was hungry we opted to walk over to the Boardwalk for dinner.

DSC_1094tr.jpg

I'm not sure why Aidan is making a face. :confused:

DSC_1095tr.jpg

Sam is happy!

DSC_1097tr.jpg

We browsed in the gift shop before heading over to Boardwalk Bakery for dinner. I have more detail in my DR but it was a nice dinner. We grabbed dessert to go and headed back over to YC.

DSC_1100tr.jpg

DSC_1099tr.jpg

The view of YC from the Boardwalk.

The boys went to the room but I walked over to Beach Club. I'd noticed a photo pass booth before and I wanted to get the pics of the boys at Jedi training added to my MM. It was a painless process. Once I pointed out my kids to the CM he was able to go through the shots quickly and sync them up to my MM. When I got back to the room the boys were waiting for me to have dessert. Since I'd fully expected them to eat dessert as soon as they entered the room I was flattered that they waited for me. :laughing:

Since this was our last night we opted to stay in and pack. :sad: We still had one more day to spend at Epcot and we were going to make the best of it.

Once again I want to compare my plans for the day and what actually happened. So from my PTR:

Sunday, April 26 - MK

This day we have an 8:15 ADR at Crystal Palace for early park entry. Our FPs are Pirates of the Caribbean at 10:45, A&E at 12:30, and Buzz Lightyear at 2:00. We have an ADR for BOG at 1:10. This isn't going to leave us much time for our FP. We'll have to try to hit A&E as close to 12:30 as possible and hopefully we'll have time for Buzz before the window ends at 3:00. It's doable I think. Any thoughts? I don't think we'll stay very late and we'll probably head back to the resort for some dinner and packing. :sad1: The movie this night is Alexander and the Terrible, ... Day. The boys want to see it and this will make for a relaxing last night.

Once again things went pretty much according to plan. We didn't have any trouble with timing of the FP and BoG ADR. We didn't see the movie, the boys just hung out in the room and played with all their new toys.

Tomorrow we go home but not before we spend most of the day in Epcot.

Last edited:
Love what mouskeeping did with the stuffed animals, especially the sword fight. Priceless.

Can't believe its time for the last day already.

I know I've already said it but we loved the parade. The costumes were beautiful. We had a great spot so the boys had lots of interaction with the characters. It definitely ended our time at MK on a high note.

Glad to hear such a great review ... sounds like it was pretty much the perfect way to end the day at MK!

I would have liked to spend the rest of the day there and see Wishes but the boys were hot and wanted to go back to the pool.

This sounds like an opportunity to send Jamie back to the hotel with the boys and stay in MK alone.

On the way Sammy said, "I can't believe how much I want a Mickey Mouse shirt." I was surprised to hear that but I totally understand how he felt. I often have similar yearnings for leather boots. :rotfl:

Mickey Mouse shirt ... leather boots ... pretty much the same thing.

And that's really all that matters... (really, that Florida weather and hair ... not cool)

She physically shoved me out of her way and walked past everyone standing in line and left.

Well that's definitely rational person behavior ... or not. Seriously ... what kind of person thinks that shoving someone out the way is EVER an acceptable thing to do?

When we got back to the YC the boys were delighted to see that Mousekeeping had once again set up their stuffies in some fun scenarios and this time I got to see and take pictures. :thumbsup2

I love the pictures - so cute! Mousekeeping really did some adorable stuff with those stuffies! I just hope they didn't charge you for whatever room service Oswald ordered...

At that age I think it would be stranger if he wasn't making a face... (although he does have a few years until he hits the always sulky teens...)

Since I'd fully expected them to eat dessert as soon as they entered the room I was flattered that they waited for me. :laughing:

Wow, I'm impressed! Boys waiting to eat dessert ... that's pretty much unheard of.

Tomorrow we go home but not before we spend most of the day in Epcot.

Well, if you absolutely have to go home ... I guess it's good that you got in a few last hours in the park first! I'm looking forward to reading all about it!

Hey look at me keeping up! :hyper:

I often have similar yearnings for leather boots. :rotfl:

I have never had a yearning to buy shoes ever in my life...:rolleyes1

My hair doesn't look too hideous in these. :laughing:

mk_entranc2_7287079200tr-jpg.110318

I think your hair looks great :thumbsup2

The family was really nice. They had two little girls and we chatted a little about the guns my boys had and how pleasant the noise they make was. :rolleyes2 Soon I noticed an older woman join the line but she chose to enter the turnstiles and put herself in front of that family who didn't even notice that she cut them in line. Since the line wasn't long and it was clear we'd all be getting on the bus I just kind of rolled my eyes at Jamie and said, "Look at this special snowflake."

Eventually the bus arrived and we started to get on. I saw the miserable woman shooting dirty looks at the girls and finally she snapped at them. I didn't hear what she said and the family was clearly confused. Finally she made a big production out of letting them go ahead of her and said, "Since you couldn't wait 2 seconds!" Still the family was confused about what they'd done. I'd watched this whole thing unfold and I took issue with her tone and body language. She was really angry.

I looked at her and said, "You could have waited your turn in line." Well. She physically shoved me out of her way and walked past everyone standing in line and left. She didn't even get on the bus. :eek: I didn't even think it was possible to be that angry at Disney. And for someone who wanted to get on the bus so badly I was shocked when she just left.

That is so weird why make such a fuss then not get on the bus?? :confused3
Sometimes people confuse me...

dsc_1090tr-jpg.110602

:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

This is brilliant!

When I got back to the room the boys were waiting for me to have dessert. Since I'd fully expected them to eat dessert as soon as they entered the room I was flattered that they waited for me. :laughing:

Awwww :goodvibes

Since this was our last night we opted to stay in and pack. :sad:

:sad: :sad: :sad:

Tomorrow we go home

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
but not before we spend most of the day in Epcot.

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

When we got back to the YC the boys were delighted to see that Mousekeeping had once again set up their stuffies in some fun scenarios and this time I got to see and take pictures.

Love everything that Mousekeeping did. And they did a lot!

Gotta love Disney!

Because Mom is taking another picture!

I wanted to get the pics of the boys at Jedi training added to my MM. It was a painless process.

I was so worried that you were going to say something like "And they lost them!"
Glad that wasn't the case.

When I got back to the room the boys were waiting for me to have dessert. Since I'd fully expected them to eat dessert as soon as they entered the room I was flattered that they waited for me. :laughing:

flattered? or shocked?

I love how Mousekeeping set up the Stuffies! So cute! I think it's the things like that that make a trip so special. YC looks like such a beautiful resort. I don't like that packing up to go home part, but at least you get some park time in before heading home. It's miserable when you have to pack up at night and leave early the next day, so sad! :sad1:

dsc_1087tr-jpg.110600
This is TOO CUTE!!!

dsc_1090tr-jpg.110602

:rotfl: I love your Mousekeeper!

dsc_1091tr-jpg.110603

That was REALLY sweet of her! :goodvibes

Because boys. That's why. :laughing:

Aww, such gentlemen! ::MickeyMo

Since this was our last night we opted to stay in and pack. :sad:
WORST NIGHT EVER. :sad:

That really is a great parade. I'm still disappointed that I never managed to see the entire thing.
Ok, hard to resist the pool when you're that age, but that's a tough one. I think I'd want to stay for some more rides and Wishes!
I'd watched this whole thing unfold and I took issue with her tone and body language. She was really angry.
Some people clearly just live to be miserable and make the ones around them miserable as well. :headache:

Wow! They really got creative! I love it!

dsc_1091tr-jpg.110603

That is awesome! :thumbsup2

Catching up!!!

Great picture :lovestruc

While we were waiting for our bus we witness what was probably the worst guest behavior of the trip. When we got to the bus stop there were a few groups in front of us. The family directly in front of us had chosen to line up straight out the entrance instead of forming a line through the turnstiles (I hope that makes sense) so we just stood behind them. As we were waiting a few other groups showed up and did the same thing. There wasn't a huge line so it didn't even spill out into the main path.

I looked at her and said, "You could have waited your turn in line." Well. She physically shoved me out of her way and walked past everyone standing in line and left. She didn't even get on the bus. :eek: I didn't even think it was possible to be that angry at Disney. And for someone who wanted to get on the bus so badly I was shocked when she just left. It was amusing only because it didn't seem to bother the family that she was rude to. They were really nice and happy and if she'd upset them it would have been sad.

It's such a shame when things like this happen, I'm sorry you had to experience it :sad2: I don't know how people can be so negative and angry towards complete strangers, especially at Disney! I hope you didn't let it affect your evening!

So sweet! I love mousekeeping!

Haha, Aidan doesn't look very impressed about going to the Boardwalk!!

Great updates, as always :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter