Escape from the North - A Week at the Yacht Club - April 2015- Complete* 1/5

You finished it, yay!

Love the Pokemon shirt, of course. Amazing that you hit all your must do's!

I'll keep an eye out for your ptr...

He definitely didn't want anyone else to sign Sam's hat. ;) :laughing:

dsc_0033-jpg.143453

:lmao: No! He definitely didn't!

The boys didn't have to be convinced to pose with this guy.

"Mom! Dude's got a sword! Take our picture!"

Love that shot!

They look so fierce! Would've made good Vikings.

They had a fragrance there I really liked that I kind of regret getting.

Not getting, I presume.
I hate doing that.
"Why didn't I get that? Now I'll never get it! (or at least, not for a while.)

Aidan had seen some Gundam (?) toys

:confused3
Too bad Kay's gone to school. She'd probably know.

Our last stop was in America. The Voices of Liberty were on the big stage.

Oh?

I thought they were always in the America building.

That's what I thought!

It looks like they're dressed differently, too, than they were when I saw them the other day. :confused3

Maybe the heat?
Or they only dress up when they're inside?
Dunno.

Not to get too political but I thought that the show left out some pretty important parts of our past. I don't know, I guess they tried to focus on the optimistic parts which is understandable but then I couldn't help but think about all the stuff they left out. :confused3 It wasn't bad, it just made me think.

I've heard this.
I barely remember it (It's been almost 30 years since I've seen it) but I just thought it was a show, ya know?
Like if you see a movie about Christmas, you don't expect to see political assassinations or whatever.

When the boat pulled into the dock I took off running into the hotel while Jamie wrangled the boys to make sure we weren't going to miss our bus. :eek: :faint:

Nothing like capping off a nice trip with some stress.

I don't know if you recall (why would you? :rotfl:) but when I'd showed my Magical Express voucher to the CM when we'd arrived she'd commented "Look at this relic!" because she didn't see them much anymore, people use their Magic Bands. This is why I didn't think I needed the paper letter since we had our MBs.

I do recall! (The reminder helped)

I wish I'd written more in my notes but I remember that I looked to the Disney valet for help and he kind of just excused himself from the situation.

Gee, thanks.

He made a big production out of meeting every party that was getting on the bus, taking their letters, loading the bags onto the bus. It took forever!!

Wants to make sure you know he's earning his tip.

Luckily we'd learned that our flight had been delayed so we weren't in a hurry but some of the other passengers were pretty worried.

I bet!

At one point he started the bus and started pulling away while there were still bags and passengers left out on the curb. :eek: I guess he was blocking the way for other buses so he was asked to move but we had no idea what was going on. Looking back it was amusing but at the time it was pretty nerve wracking. :scared:

Weird. 'Cause DME has its own parking area.

I once again packed our sunscreen in the carry on so that was confiscated. Again. :blush:

:rotfl:

With the flight delays we got in really late so we called the boys out of school for an extra day.

I'm sure they were just crushed by that. :rolleyes1

Thank you all who read along!

Thanks for writing the TR! Really enjoyed it!

Thank you all who read along! I enjoyed recapping our trip and maybe I will see some of you over at my PTR.
I do believe this is my first post to your TR. It seems strange to do it now, but I just wanted to say I was here, read along, and enjoyed the ride :).

I'll keep a look out for your PTR and anything else down the road!

I'm glad that they did let you on the bus and got you to the airport. One of these days, you'll learn about the sunscreen... :rolleyes1

I'm looking forward to starting my PTR and will post the link in my signature soon. :yay::cheer2::banana:
Beep beep, I'm on my way! :car:

I love Mexican Donald!

This picture, though... :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2:

Also from my PTR I had a list of 10 must do's:

1. Hall of Presidents
2. PhilharMagic
3. Turtle Talk
4. Main Street Electrical Parade
5. Fantasmic
6. Illuminations
7. Rope Drop at all parks (or any park)
8. Animation Station
9. Jedi Training
10. Test Track

I am happy to say that we accomplished all of these. :cool1:
That's awesome! I don't think I have ever managed to knock out every one of my Must-Do's! Something always happens!

And she finally made it to the end.......awesome job Colleen!!!! I'm looking forward to the PTR!!!!!!

Thank for reading along. :goodvibes

And it's a wrap! I really enjoyed your TR! Ive got the YC on my bucket list of places to stay someday. We almost made a reservation there for the trip coming up in June, but I let my son pick and he chose WL. It looks like a beautiful resort and you can't beat its proximity to Epcot!

Looking forward to the PTR!

WL is so beautiful! I loved the YC but the themeing is a little bland I guess you could say in comparison. I still loved it and the location and pool are fantastic. I do hope you get to stay there soon. And with all the trips you're taking it will be sooner than later.

You finished it, yay!

Love the Pokemon shirt, of course. Amazing that you hit all your must do's!

I'll keep an eye out for your ptr...

Thanks for following along!!

"Mom! Dude's got a sword! Take our picture!"

Their fascination with swords boggles my mind. :confused3

Not getting, I presume.
I hate doing that.
"Why didn't I get that? Now I'll never get it! (or at least, not for a while.)

Yes, not getting. It stinks when it's something you can't get anywhere else.

Maybe the heat?
Or they only dress up when they're inside?
Dunno.

Maybe their Disney outfits are different when they're out in the heat so they don't succumb to heat stroke.

I barely remember it (It's been almost 30 years since I've seen it) but I just thought it was a show, ya know?
Like if you see a movie about Christmas, you don't expect to see political assassinations or whatever.

I'm sure that's it, keep things upbeat. But I kinda felt like there was an elephant in the room.

Weird. 'Cause DME has its own parking area.

I think he was blocking more DME buses. He was taking that long.

Thanks for writing the TR! Really enjoyed it!

I enjoyed writing it. Thanks for reading and all the comments.

I do believe this is my first post to your TR. It seems strange to do it now, but I just wanted to say I was here, read along, and enjoyed the ride :).

I'll keep a look out for your PTR and anything else down the road!

:welcome: Thank you for letting me know that you read along. Maybe I'll see you over in my PTR - link in my signature. (A little shameless self-promotion) ;)

I'm glad that they did let you on the bus and got you to the airport. One of these days, you'll learn about the sunscreen... :rolleyes1

Me, too. Although more time at Disney wouldn't have sucked. :rotfl:

Thanks for the vote of confidence on the sunscreen. I think I'll have to put some procedures in place to avoid sunscreen confiscation next trip. :cool1:

Beep beep, I'm on my way! :car:

Yay! Let the fun begin!

That's awesome! I don't think I have ever managed to knock out every one of my Must-Do's! Something always happens!

I think it helped that my must-dos were pretty basic so it was pretty easy to check off the list.

A thread about the American Adventure?

Yep. And specifically about how it glossed over certain historical sections.
Went on for a while. I got bored pretty quickly and stopped reading.
Probably got shut down like a lot of those threads do.

Yep. And specifically about how it glossed over certain historical sections.
Went on for a while. I got bored pretty quickly and stopped reading.
Probably got shut down like a lot of those threads do.

Yeah, I have no interest in getting into a political debate. I just thought I'd mention how I felt - slightly uncomfortable - and leave it at that.

Despite the boat and ME letter drama (which in 2016 I totally don't get), what a great end to your trip. So happy you got all your must do's done. Think I may make my own list for our next trip just so I don't miss those things that I always seem to. Can't wait to check out your PTR and your August plans.

Despite the Magical Express drama at the end, sounds like it was a pretty good trip. And yay for accomplishing all of your must-dos!

I'm headed over to your PTR now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter