Episode MMXIV: We Don't Say Goodbye, We Say Kwahirini (updated 2/28)

That's neat to see there is a difference in the shows at Sea World. I'd love to see the belugas in a show. They are so much fun to watch in Orlando through the window.

Your phone takes nice pictures.

I'd definitely skip the polar plunge!

Oh boy. I'm having a relatively difficult time figuring out some of these changes. Or maybe there really weren't any changes and I'm just crazy? Because I've started to question every single thing I've ever believed to be true, because there is NO WAY that dress is black and blue :p

Sounds like a lot of fun at Sea World - love the picture of the Seahorse! :thumbsup2

Did they also warn you not to dance on the kiddie coaster? :rotfl:

Hahahaha. Apparently dancing was allowed :) And I will check out your trip report, I promise!!!

What? No cell phones on the ride? Hmmmm - Maybe a safety thing. It's a lot easier for a cell phone to turn into a projectile than a camera with a strap around the neck, so I get it - sort of. It would really stink to lose a phone on a ride.

Love the Seaworld pictures. I really HAVE to get to Seaworld. I can't believe I have never been there. It's just wrong. It really does look like a cool park and there are some rides I would like to try.

Glad to see you posting.

Polar Plunge is on your bucket list? That is so NOT on mine. I admire people who do it but I can't think of much worse. :rotfl2:

It never crossed my mind that it had something to do with actually losing the phone, so maybe that's a possibility. I just thought it was sooo funny!!!

Being such a huge animal lover, SeaWorld was very, very cool!!! I've been to Marineland, but I'm pretty sure this was my first time @ SeaWorld.

I like doing things for the sake of saying I've done them. So yep... Polar Plunge is definitely on there!

I totally understand what you mean about it being easier to socialize via smart phone!

Awww I adore dolphins. They're just so cute! Too bad the dolphin encounter was sold out.
I am WAY to wimpy about cold water to do the polar plunge! But maybe I could be convinced to do it in the orca tank. :lmao:

Too funny about having to put your phone away on the kiddie coaster!

It's crazy... actually sitting down at the computer has been a struggle lately. Obviously ;)

I was bummed about the dolphin encounter, but we packed a ton into the day anyway so not too shabby!!

Any picture with a dolphin in it is a good one Sue. Best animal ever!!! That stinks that the interaction was sold out. They are such wonderful creatures

And Wow, a show with Manatees. That's different. They don't have that in Orlando.

Yeah, they are really amazing! I would love to be able to spend time with them.

Oooh cool. I expected that the differences would be more along the lines of Orlando having stuff that San Antonio didn't, since it isn't open yearround... so that's kinda cool!

So happy to see an update, Sue! Looks like you and the kids had a blast. :goodvibes

Thanks!!! And very nice to "see" you!!! YAY for your upcoming trip!!! I promise I'll check it out!!!!

That's neat to see there is a difference in the shows at Sea World. I'd love to see the belugas in a show. They are so much fun to watch in Orlando through the window.

Your phone takes nice pictures.

I'd definitely skip the polar plunge!

Glad I'm able to show some stuff that's new to people!!

I am very happy with the pics my phone takes!! They don't always print that well, but just for viewing online it's wonderful.

Hehe. I'm gonna organize a Dis Plunge :)

San Antonio Trip, Part Three

I kind of want to cry. I typed up the first couple paragraphs of a new update and then *poof*... they disappeared! What confuses me most is that I keep seeing this little icon in the bottom corner pop up that says "draft saved"... but apparently, it's not actually referring to what I've typed. Maybe it means that the board magically prevented me from choosing a horrible player in my fantasy football draft? Draft saved. Crisis averted. Yeah. I think not. *groan*

My apologies for how huge this pictures are... I'm challenged :(

Soooooooooooo.... as I had already said, in potentially very different words.... I hope to wrap up the San Antonio report today. My Disney trip has officially been over for more than a year. Boo. And my report is still ongoing. I say yay. Everyone else is probably saying boo. LOLOL.

But I've made some vacation decisions, so I'm still not ready to say goodbye to it yet. I was originally hoping for a Disney trip in December. I think I've pushed that back to December 2016. Instead I'm taking a trip to Cooperstown in the fall. Closer, shorter, cheaper should mean that my next Disney trip can be for an extra day or two. After my last two trips, I've decided I really want to do each park starting at park opening. I priced it out, and I just don't think I can swing it this year. But my plan is to do exactly that NEXT year.

So, now back to SeaWorld!

The kidlets enjoyed playing in the playground:
IMG_20141207_140429_zpsgm0lletr.jpg

And we took a ride on the carrousel... the kids LOVED it when they were up higher than I was. Hehe.
IMG_20141207_143539_zpsh8llh34j.jpg

I think I mentioned previously that they had lots of Christmas-themed areas set up, including an area with snow. Now, don't forget... two (three?) weeks prior to this trip, Buffalo received five feet of snow in a 24-hour period. And I was still interested in playing in the snow. So were the kids. And my mom, who loves winter as much as I do, but lovingly followed my dad to Deep Fried Hell anyway. The wait to get into the snow area was over an hour long!!! I remember posting on Facebook how funny that was to me. Needless to say, there wasn't any snow playing that day.

We did get to see Sven's cousin, though!
101_2647_zpsc63e7569.jpg

101_2649_zps9e647493.jpg

My heart:
101_2651_zps695ebf92.jpg

I seriously love this picture:
9ca314df-8e79-4633-87b7-a7b68e16d9b6_zpsjq6youbb.jpg

It was cool enough out that hot chocolate was a hot (ha) commodity, which was frustrating the heck out of me because all the food counters were advertising a souvenir mug that I desperately wanted but nobody had. The very last place we stopped finally had them. It doesn't take much to make me happy ;)

I absolutely loved the penguin exhibit, which I think it similar to what they have in Orlando based on what I've seen from others. You ride on a conveyer belt and get to view a huge display these amazing animals. I want one. I even asked if I could take one home and the CM said I would need to keep my house very, very cold. I laughed and pointed out that I was Elsa. And that I live in Buffalo :)

101_2669_zps8d56d0c6.jpg

The last show we went to was one of the coolest performances I've ever seen. The set looked like a bunch of beachfront stores and houses. And then all kinds of animals (dogs, cats, birds, pot-bellied pigs) run through the set, jumping in and out of doors, ringing bells, walking across tightropes... I can't even explain it. I'm going to see if I can find a Youtube video. Seriously awesome.

Here you go!!!!

We passed through the seven layers of the Candy Cane Forest before hitting up the gift shop:
101_2697_zpsff7b7286.jpg

I bought a dated SeaWorld pin... I still haven't decided if I should add it to my pin board, since that is all Disney.

The next morning Sydney gave me a SeaWorld key chain that she sneakily bought with her own money. My baby ♥

I'm afraid I'm going to lose everything if I don't post this now, so I will still have one more San Antonio update that I may post later on today. Thanks for sticking with me!!! My plans for today are really good... I'm meeting up with a friend who just got back from The World! She ran the Princess Half last Sunday, got her picture taken with the carriage from Cinderella AND an Oscar statuette, got chosen to be in the Indiana Jones show, and texted me on Wednesday asking, "How do I come back after all this?!"

Does anyone know what she meant by that? :confused:

Last edited:

Hey Sue!!! So happy to see another update! Ugh, I'm sorry to hear about the deletion of your first couple paragraphs... the updates are definitely taking some getting used to.

Though I'm sorry to hear about your possible postponement to Disney, if it means you'll get another day or two in 2016 AND get to go to Cooperstown, that's pretty awesome too! :thumbsup2 I live a couple hours away from Cooperstown and was last there around Christmastime last year... I absolutely LOVE the quaintness of that town. And any baseball lover (such as yourself) will of course be in heaven. :goodvibes

Oh my goodness, the kids are SO cute!!! :cutie:

I know it's tough to hold off on a Disney trip, but just think that by holding off you can hopefully create the trip that you want it to be. I know it's small consolation, but it's something.

Awww, kidlets do make everything more fun don't they??

"Deep Fried Hell" :rotfl2:

Thankfully the penguins in Orlando don't have the conveyor belt. It's toally open air (and FREEZING), but you can stay as long as you want. Unfortunately you have to do a stupid ride first which can be a loooooooooooong wait.

They do have Pets Ahoy, and I LOVED IT!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter