Episode MMXIV: We Don't Say Goodbye, We Say Kwahirini (updated 2/28)

Great update, sorry to hear about the growing crowds though! It's always especially a bummer when you aren't expecting them. :(

Wow, what a very, very sweet thing your sister did for you with the collage!!! You should post a picture! :goodvibes

It was very frustrating, that's for sure! I try to avoid crowds in ALL situations!! Haha.

I think I will post a picture! Great idea!

That's a perfect word for HM Sue... timeless.

Ooh I know the counterpoint you're referring to, and it is often hard to find since they keep moving it. :headache:

I genuinely feel so bad when kids are forced onto things they don't want to do. Not saying that was the case here (being forced), but I have seen it far too often.

That pirate foot is indeed iconic. I have an older sister who hasn't been to Disney any where near the amount I was lucky enough to have been, but she always talks about the hairy leg pirate.

Soooo... maybe I'm not completely crazy in my attempts to find it. Stay tuned ;)

Agreed about making kids go on rides they don't want to go on. I honestly can't remember what happened in this situation, but for whatever reason, he wanted absolutely nothing to do with it!

That is HILARIOUS to me. So funny how certain things stick with us!! I wonder what it is about it about that foot... LOLOL.

Evil crane!!! lol, poor crane though so many people hate it. They should make a Disney movie out of it, about its struggles and no body liking it and then maybe everyone would like it! :rotfl:

That is too funny!!!!!! It would totally work, too!!!

Love the pic of you in your ears. So adorable!

Sounds like the crowds were pretty crazy that day. 40 minutes for JC is just too long for me, but I'm glad you were able to get on POC, even if you were with a screaming kid. Your holographic picture turned out great!

I love HM. I have to agree with you that so many parts of that ride really are just genius! pixiedust:

Ahhh thanks!!! I love those ears. :goodvibes

The crowds just kept growing and growing, as if the monorail had turned into a clown car :lmao:

I'm go glad that pic turned out!!

Yay for HM!!!!

I'm catching up again!

I think you totally should wear your magic band as jewelry! I can't remember if I've told this story to you or other people on the boards, but my very first day of work at my new job, I was really nervous and shy. Then I saw one of my co-workers wearing a magic band and it was the perfect way to start up a conversation. Now we've bonded over our shared love of Disney ;)

I saw that text joke too, and did it to my husband. Somehow he didn't find it as funny as I did!

I'm glad you mentioned the Lion King show that used to be in Mickey's Philharmagic, because it totally sparked a memory for me! I couldn't remember what had been there when I went as a kid, but now I definitely have a few vague memories of it!

I adore the Little Mermaid ride, and so does DH. There are so many amazing small details that just make it so great. Like the fact that your clamshell moves down when you are going "under water" and then comes back up when Ariel gets legs. And the Under the Sea room is so much fun, there's so much to look at!

Sorry you didn't get to see Enchanted Tales with Belle - it's super cute! I do love the Tangled restroom area though. I wish there was a Tangled attraction, but this area is so beautiful!

Oh my gosh, I love your Magic Band story!!! That is awesome.

That is just sad that your hubby wasn't as enthusiastic as he should have been. It was a great joke. Hehe.

Compared to Philharmagic and of course, Festival of the Lion King, the LK attraction wasn't nearly as clever but it was fun.

Glad there are others who love the Little Mermaid ride!!

Oops, I see there's another update too so now I have to comment on that one!

I do really enjoy HM, but I must admit that I was scared of it for the longest time. I was a huge scaredy cat growing up, and still am in many ways. I hate things that try to scare you, especially stuff popping up at you. I used to ride HM with my eyes closed (this is even just 5 years ago!) and only open them occasionally. I've finally realized that HM is the least scary haunted house in the world and just really cool, so now I keep my eyes open the whole time!

Did you hear that HM is going to get a ride photo? I think it's going to be at the end with the Hitchhiking ghosts. That will be really cool!

Ugh, I hate that crane. It's in all my pictures from my last trip too. Feels like it's always there!

That poor kid before Pirates. If my child was that upset I don't think I'd be dragging them on the ride :( I can sympathize because as I mentioned early, I was terrified of everything haha.

I am a complete chicken when it comes to scary stuff. The thing I hate the most is being startled, so regular haunted houses are completely out of the question! I think that my grandparents must have done a good job convincing me that HM wasn't scary.

That would be a sweet ride photo! I'm not usually that thrilled with them, because I'm not familiar enough with where the cameras are to be able to pose. My ride photos are always totally genuine, and because I'm usually deep in thought, I tend to look bored. But I love the idea of the hitchhiking ghosts being part of it!

Yep. The evil, evil crane. You'd think they'd be able to have one that blended in somehow!

Sorry your knee was hurting you so much and to walk that way only to not get to ride Jungle Cruise is a huge bummer

That is an awesome gift though to get the collage on canvas - with bonus photoshopping! They need to sell at Disney glasses that if you wear them it automatically takes away the crane and any construction, etc. ... kinda like the opposite of the sunglasses Roddy Piper wore in They Live :rotfl:

"I now know how C3P0 felt in the battle of Geonosis" ... and somewhere there is an imagineer that is thinking "FINALLY! Someone got what I was going for with that effect"

The knee pain was interesting, especially once it started raining :sad2: But I'd still rather be in WDW with knee pain than just about anywhere else without it!

Cracking up at that Roddy Piper reference. That's a movie I haven't thought about in YEARS. (Or Roddy Piper, for that matter!) I don't know if I ever actually saw it from start to finish, but I love the sunglasses idea!

Hehehe. Threepio was all I could think about then I realized I had a ghost head!

Yes, HM is definitely a classic!

I do get a little irritated when the crowd projections are low and then crowds like that show up!

I haven't got the chance to ride Pirates for awhile now; the line has always been prohibitively long. :( It used to never be like that; guess if we want to ride we'll need a FP+ for it.

Loving all the HM love!!

I have no idea what caused those crowds. People were insisting it was a result of FP+ and if it were simply a matter of how long I was standing in line for things, I may have agreed. But simply walking through crowds of people from one place to the next was crazy.

Luckily, the wait for Pirates was very minimal. Which is actually really weird, considering how many people were in the park!

Day Four, Part Six

Before I continue with my MK day, here is the canvas collage my sister made for me. She pointed out that I didn't have a picture of me standing by Spaceship Earth so she used the one with Duffy as the Epcot picture because I had talked about how awesome I thought he was :) (The picture looks all blurry... it's really not. Just because I got pretty close to it with my cell phone to take the picture.)

I have a small corkboard where I put all my pins and I'm thinking of hanging that above the quote. Haven't completely decided yet though.

The picture is frequently crooked, because the dude who lives next door to me in my apartment complex slams his door SO HARD that it rattles my stuff. Why is it difficult to turn a doorknob?! </vent>

abd424d1-01dd-45d4-be96-d286293d332f_zps2f0ec46f.jpg

So, after my ride through the Caribbean was done and I had wasted considerable time in the gift shop (happy belated Talk Like a Pirate Day, btw!)... for some inexplicable reason I wandered back to New Fantasyland. I think I really needed an entire day here because I was so completely drawn to it.

But first, I walked through Cindy's castle and admired the mosaics. I want this hanging in my house!

5e70adf0-74a1-4dc5-999e-1f8421275362_zps43c9c02e.jpg

And now I present what may be the dreariest castle-reflected-in-the-water picture EVER. Ha. An indication of what was to come!

8e76af25-49d4-47d7-a9b1-b83c27a601d8_zps6c96a779.jpg

According to my notes, I headed back over to ride the Little Mermaid ride again :cloud9: This time, I just enjoyed the experience and didn't try to take any pictures.

It was time to head to the game! I decided that I'd rather spend the extra money and grab a taxi right from the MK, so I started walking down Main Street when I felt a rain drop. And then another. So I quickly pulled out a poncho.. and then all of the raindrops in the entire sky fell on my head :rolleyes:

Decision time. That sky looked nasty. And I realized I'd rather just stay put. But not in the middle of the pouring rain, so I ducked into the closest gift shop, mentally thanking whoever designed these for connecting them all without having to go back outside!! Of course, every other person on Main Street USA did the same exact thing. And we were all soaking wet. Luckily, I don't remember anyone being terribly cranky.

I had purchased a purse the night before, and wound up buying a wallet. I absolutely adore these purchases. It makes me so happy to use these!!

db8fd0fa-4333-4f86-8c46-5545ca8270f4_zps376a9891.jpg

I was pretty pleased with my souvenir shopping. I didn't really buy anything just for the sake of buying it... I mean, Duffy was definitely an impulse but he makes my home complete :yay:

By now I was hungry. Since I wasn't going to the game, I figured I could at least pretend by going to Casey's. But it was jam-packed. So I continued on my way and as I was walking I found the spot where Princess Tiana does her M&G. Unfortunately, she wasn't meeting at that particular point in time, but the CM let me know that she would be back relatively soon. We pin traded (but I wound up trading it again later on) and I decided I still had enough time to venture over to Columbia Harbor House for lunch.

And again, that's where everyone else went too. (Weren't they all just at Casey's?!) But the CMs were moving people through the lines with some pretty impressive precision, so I decided to stay. The bad part was that there were no available seats downstairs, so I had to go upstairs. Which, normally, wouldn't have been a problem. But again... my knee :headache:

Now, this is going to sound ridiculous. But this may have been my favorite meal of the entire trip. So silly, considering what I got. But... yeah. Delicious.

1ff46778-d337-49be-994c-a7684349405c_zps5ea57603.jpg

Broccoli salad with peppercorn dressing! For serious. This was SO good!!! I also got a lemonade slush and a blueberry cobbler. But... that salad!!! Oh man. I'm not even always a huge broccoli lover, but this was fantastic! I keep meaning to look for a recipe for this. Making a mental note to do that!

So, aside from the food, I love the theming in here. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures because I wanted to be near the front of the line to meet Princess Tiana.

But first, I apparently took this picture. At least, that's the order in which it's showing up! And I love it, so I can't not include it even though there is no decent segue in my storytelling. Bad note taker. Bad. And apparently, it had temporarily stopped raining. It did that off and on ALL DAY.

d1dc5a64-9692-4075-a708-36c72a57700d_zps1288d85e.jpg

Anywaaaaay.... a couple months before my trip, I took one of those scientifically-proven-to-be-accurate Facebook quizzes to determine which Disney princess you were. Sometimes these guizzes make me laugh at how silly they are, but I thought this one was spot on. Hopefully, you guessed that I got Tiana because otherwise it would have been silly to interject that particular story here ;) I had plans to print out the quiz results before I left so I could have her autograph it, but I completely forgot. Go me.

But I happily waited in line to meet this gorgeous princess. When Princess and the Frog was first released, I was so excited to take my two youngest nieces to go see it. It's a happy memory and I adore Tiana. Probably my favorite princess.

We chatted about my button and I asked her if she'd be willing to share her recipe for gumbo soup. Silly, since I don't really LIKE gumbo. But I do love to cook! (I should have asked her how to make that salad!!! LOL.) She said that her recipe was special and that she couldn't share it, but that there are a lot of great recipes out there and that I should be able to find one I like since there are a lot of variations. :cloud9:

81511df2-a1b5-4e76-8543-760f751795df_zps8b01f400.jpg

Squee!! I obviously haven't quite perfected the princess pose yet, but... yay!!! I wouldn't be surprised if I wind up watching this tonight!

Awww what a nice collage! And the pins would look great over it! Something I'm going to try on my pinboard is putting scrap book paper on the board first to give it a nice background with the pins. :goodvibes

Boo to your crappy neighbour though. We are having issues with ours too playing really loud music and/or video games. :mad:

I love that Minnie bow wallet! Its so cute!! :goodvibes

Tiana is pretty awesome. I was so excited to see a hand drawn animation again! Just so lovely and pretty. So awesome you bought your nieces to see it! Creating Disney memories with them! pixiedust:

Love your pic! Your princess pose is just fine!!

what a great photo collage - and definitely think finding a spot close to it (above it, next to it, etc.) for you pin board makes total sense

Bummer about the rain and missing the game - but if the downside is getting to spend more time in MK and meeting your favorite princess then it's not that bad

that salad does look good - I am definitely a fan of salads that are not just lettuce, tomato, etc.

and yeah for meeting Tiana! Our trip last year meeting her and Naveen turned out to be my favorite meet of the trip and I was totally not expecting it

Very nice collage! I love the "Everyday is a Gift" message on your wall - it truly is.

That IS a dreary castle picture with the low tide in the moat! :laughing:

Aw your purse is so cute. It's so wonderful when we buy something that makes us so happy when we see it!

I LOVE CHH for their broccoli as a snack. I always get it a few times while I'm in the park. It's so light and fresh; but I've never had the salad.

That Tiana story and picture is great. :)

YAY!!! So happy you posted a pic of the collage - I love it!!! Your sister did a fabulous job! :thumbsup2 Now... to just get the dude next door to stop slamming around... ;)

Happy to hear you got to meet Tiana! :goodvibes Did you end up watching the movie that night after all?!

What a beautiful collage!

I love your purchases - I have the same purse :) And the wallet is really cute too!

Aww! I love Tiana! She is one of my favorite princesses, along with Belle. I really love them both but I think Belle's whole love of reading thing gives her a little step up for me. Princess and the Frog is one of my favorite movies.

Day Four, Part Six

81511df2-a1b5-4e76-8543-760f751795df_zps8b01f400.jpg

Squee!! I obviously haven't quite perfected the princess pose yet, but... yay!!! I wouldn't be surprised if I wind up watching this tonight!

Adorable! You are the perfect princess! :goodvibes

Love the collage. Very nice.

Broccoli salad? I didn't even know that existed. It looks delicious. Oh please, please, PLEASE let it be there this month! I totally want to try it! :thumbsup2

Love your new bag and wallet. Super cute! :thumbsup2

Aww Sue, I love that Collage. Great Idea.

Well Sue, what you call a dreary photo, I call beautiful. :)

Love Columbia Harbor House!!

Tiana is so popular around here. Not that she's not great because she is, but it still surprises me, but makes me happy too.

Awwww too bad about the crowds, knee, and rain! But seriously, you look like nothing could get you down.
Hmmm your nieces favourite thing was the dirty foot? Can't pretend to understand that one, but I guess I've had some weird favs myself!
Your collage is precious, how sweet and thoughtful of your sister!
That salad does look good. My hubby would really love that. I must look for a recipe myself!
Adorable meet with Tiana! Love your PP pics with her!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Awww what a nice collage! And the pins would look great over it! Something I'm going to try on my pinboard is putting scrap book paper on the board first to give it a nice background with the pins. :goodvibes

Boo to your crappy neighbour though. We are having issues with ours too playing really loud music and/or video games. :mad:

I love that Minnie bow wallet! Its so cute!! :goodvibes

Tiana is pretty awesome. I was so excited to see a hand drawn animation again! Just so lovely and pretty. So awesome you bought your nieces to see it! Creating Disney memories with them! pixiedust:

Love your pic! Your princess pose is just fine!!

Thanks! I did wind up hanging the pin board over it... and I smile every time I look at it!

This neighbor is the STRANGEST ever. At any given time there are at least three empty pop or beer cans and other random garbage sitting in front of the door on the porch.

I love my Minnie wallet!! Makes me so happy.

Agreed about the hand-drawn animation! I love the computer generated stuff (and the guy who produced Star Wars: The Clone Wars actually went to the same college I did at the same time I did!) but hand-drawn is just so classic.

Why thank you! princess:

what a great photo collage - and definitely think finding a spot close to it (above it, next to it, etc.) for you pin board makes total sense

Bummer about the rain and missing the game - but if the downside is getting to spend more time in MK and meeting your favorite princess then it's not that bad

that salad does look good - I am definitely a fan of salads that are not just lettuce, tomato, etc.

and yeah for meeting Tiana! Our trip last year meeting her and Naveen turned out to be my favorite meet of the trip and I was totally not expecting it

Thanks! My sister did good :)

Based on all the trip reports I've been reading, I don't think it's stopped raining in Orlando all year! Crazy.

I feel the same way about salads. I love them, but only when they have a lot of "stuff"!

So glad you loved the Tiana/Naveen M&G. Such a great character!

Very nice collage! I love the "Everyday is a Gift" message on your wall - it truly is.

That IS a dreary castle picture with the low tide in the moat! :laughing:

Aw your purse is so cute. It's so wonderful when we buy something that makes us so happy when we see it!

I LOVE CHH for their broccoli as a snack. I always get it a few times while I'm in the park. It's so light and fresh; but I've never had the salad.

That Tiana story and picture is great. :)

I love that quote! It's such a great reminder and I see it on my way out the door every morning.

Kind of pathetic, isn't it?? :rotfl2:

I love how much you love CHH's broccoli! It's the last thing I would think to seek out but I loved it in the salad!

She was awesome :goodvibes

YAY!!! So happy you posted a pic of the collage - I love it!!! Your sister did a fabulous job! :thumbsup2 Now... to just get the dude next door to stop slamming around... ;)

Happy to hear you got to meet Tiana! :goodvibes Did you end up watching the movie that night after all?!

Ugh. The door slamming. SO annoying!!!!

I DID wind up watching it that night! It's still in the DVD player, actually!

What a beautiful collage!

I love your purchases - I have the same purse :) And the wallet is really cute too!

Aww! I love Tiana! She is one of my favorite princesses, along with Belle. I really love them both but I think Belle's whole love of reading thing gives her a little step up for me. Princess and the Frog is one of my favorite movies.

Yay for being purse twins!! Hehe. I love that I have a Mickey AND a Minnie!

I love Belle too... and for the same reason! Tiana's work ethic is what pushes her just a little bit higher for me. And her love of cooking. But Belle would be a close second.

Adorable! You are the perfect princess! :goodvibes

Love the collage. Very nice.

Broccoli salad? I didn't even know that existed. It looks delicious. Oh please, please, PLEASE let it be there this month! I totally want to try it! :thumbsup2

Love your new bag and wallet. Super cute! :thumbsup2

Awwww, thanks!!! I think I'm a very awkward princess. LOL.

My sister will be thrilled to know everyone loves her collage!

It was SOOOOOO good!!! Got my fingers crossed for you!

Thanks! I love being able to use them every day!

Aww Sue, I love that Collage. Great Idea.

Well Sue, what you call a dreary photo, I call beautiful. :)

Love Columbia Harbor House!!

Tiana is so popular around here. Not that she's not great because she is, but it still surprises me, but makes me happy too.

Thanks!!!

It has a certain beauty to it... but the low water level combined with the dark clouds just has such an ominous feel to it.

I just read your update about going to CHH. You definitely had a more quiet atmosphere than I did! But I really enjoyed it!

For me... it's her independence and how much she wanted to make her dad proud. I like the feisty characters, but Tiana didn't rebel against her family to show how strong she was. Not that there's anything wrong with a good rebellion, mind you. But she shared the dream her father had... that gets me!

Awwww too bad about the crowds, knee, and rain! But seriously, you look like nothing could get you down.
Hmmm your nieces favourite thing was the dirty foot? Can't pretend to understand that one, but I guess I've had some weird favs myself!
Your collage is precious, how sweet and thoughtful of your sister!
That salad does look good. My hubby would really love that. I must look for a recipe myself!
Adorable meet with Tiana! Love your PP pics with her!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Oh yeah, NOTHING was going to ruin this vacation for me!!!!

That dirty foot thing seriously cracks me up.

I love that my family shares my love of Disney. My mom does NOT travel and has a crowd phobia (as opposed to my intense dislike, hers is an actual phobia) so she will NEVER go... but we all love it!

Day Four, Part Seven

*knock knock*

Anyone still here?

LOL. Wow, when I get behind I really go all out! I've been so busy!!!! The highlight of everything since I last posted was that my daddy came to visit me! That was a lot of fun, except that... well... to continue a theme... it RAINED. A lot!!!

*sigh*

The good news is that I'll be seeing him again in six weeks or so when I head down to San Antonio. Or, as I like to call it... Deep Fried Hell :sunny: Ha.

Which brings me to a question... since I'm obviously going to be dragging this report out until that time, would you be interested in reading about my adventures in San Antonio? Don't want to clog up my report with it if you're not interested, but if you are I'd be happy to (slowly) write about it and share pictures!

And on a completely unrelated note... if you have Instagram and like seeing Disney pictures, may I recommend that you follow @ferdalump I don't remember how I stumbled onto this account, but oh my heck!! The pictures and videos are all of this adorable little girl named Lane who has magical encounters with princesses and princes and arrogant guys named Gaston. The video today shows little Lane running up to get a hug from Eugene Fitzherbert. My heart.

Okay.... back to the Most Magical Place on Earth!!!! pixiedust:

After talking food with the lovely Tiana, I had to decide what I wanted to do. The rain was annoying. It would rain. And stop. And rain some more. But I had Things To Do.

Soooo, I took a stroll over to Tomorrowland and hopped onto the People Mover. I love riding this, and it was another recommendation from Sydney. My sister thinks she likes it so much because you don't have to wait in line! Somehow I forgot to take a picture of my feet on the seat in front of me ;) I think at this point, I was just happy to be sitting down while still enjoying being in the MK.

So after going on Space Mountain in the least threatening way possible, I hopped into the Buzz Lightyear line. I still think it's interesting that the two most interactive rides in all of the World are both based on Toy Story!

And, let me tell you... this was SERIOUS business. LOOK at that concentration!!

c3429eb8-4a3a-42e2-855f-473c897cac3b_zps8126b08c.jpg

Apparently they've changed Photobucket since the last time I posted. I hate change. On the other hand, did you all see the video of the "apparently kid"? Oh my goodness. We all say "appppparennnnnly" at work now. It's awesome. Ha.

So how did I do? Better than I would have done if I hadn't gone on :p Which, for some reason, makes me think of the "had will have placed" conversation on BBT this past week. *grin*

8c2f4105-8150-400e-9264-4047bf2398f6_zps24298260.jpg

Not terribly interested in anything else in Tomorrowland, I wandered around the gift shop for a while. I was a good girl and didn't buy anything, although I REALLY needed to pick up a gift for my friend who was watching my cat. But nothing caught my eye, so I headed over to the ride I ALWAYS have to go on!

0703099f-ac1c-4e0d-ad41-e88e25f09b99_zps3bf62643.jpg

The first two times I went to Disney World, it was with my grandma and grandpa. And my grandma LOVED IASM. So I love it too :goodvibes

Of course, as I was headed in this direction it started raining AGAIN, which resulted in EVERYONE wanting to ride so they could get out of the rain. I waited in the most unbelievable line to get on this! The CMs were trying their best to get everyone to move quickly but people weren't really paying much attention. I didn't mind waiting in line, because it was under cover. But still. CRAZY long wait! And they were trying to fit A LOT of people in each row.

But it was fun! I love it so much!

08a43e9e-d57d-4115-a05a-da75ad6e5924_zps5cd4163f.jpg

It was still pouring after the ride was over... so, I walked as fast as I could to the Winnie the Pooh ride. Along with everyone else!!! I had rain dripping off my poncho, and I didn't want to risk getting my phone and/or camera wet so I didn't take a single picture either in the queue or on the ride.

But, I gotta say how cool the queue is!! I had a blast watching the kids play with all the fun things they have there now! And I loved the giant honey boards! Those were a lot of fun and made the wait time not-so-bad. There were a bazillion people with small children waiting in line, and normally I wouldn't have wanted to wait so long. But my other option was standing outside in the rain. I wasn't ready to do that yet!

After my trip through the Hundred Acre Wood (does anyone else have nightmares about heffalumps and woozles? Kinda creepy!) we exited into the gift shop... where nobody was leaving. The number of people in the gift shop was growing by the minute and the poor CMs were having a terrible time, because there were a handful of people who were actually trying to shop. The rest of us were trying to stay relatively dry.

It was kind of chaotic. Eventually, I gave up because it was time for my Peter Pan FP. And I was NOT missing that!!! So I squirmed my way out of the shop... I felt so brave! Hahaha.

And, again... no pictures :(

But I love flying over London. If only it were that easy!!!

By this time, I felt that I probably couldn't get much soggier so I just walked around and found a PP photographer who happily took this picture. I looked so silly.

d0fae260-b523-421f-99ad-e58bcec75359_zps7bd4e5e6.jpg

But around this time, the rain actually stopped. Not for good, mind you. Oh no. But long enough that I could hunt down some pictures that I really wanted!

And....... with that, I'm going to switch gears!

Today was the MS Monster Scramble. If you read my PTR last year, you might remember that this is a fundraiser event for the MS Society that takes place in a cemetery and encourages Halloween costumes. It was SO cold and windy today. And do you know WHY it was so cold and windy??

Because ELSA was there ;)

I agonized over this costume, trying to figure out how to pull it all together. But I made it work!!! First, some of the details:

b7bbced2-1eef-4cbb-bf01-64f6acab897c_zps20b95e71.jpg

Sparkly silver shoes.. with snowflakes!! (Why they almost look gold in the picture is beyond me!)

af0d5a7a-d1cc-48b6-8a1c-5d0b5b5bbc35_zps38c8dd66.jpg

Snowy nails!!

621b8778-e573-4850-b131-91346d2e9720_zpsa1d4664d.jpg

My "Let it Go" necklace that I bought from Etsy! (The pink is just the reflection of my camera...)

And... coming to you straight from her coronation, may I present Queen Elsa of Arendelle!!!!
IMG_20141019_095330337_HDR_zpsgmcynmxa.jpg

The cold never bothered me anyway! (*Disclaimer: that's a lie. I was FREEZING!) There is a cape that you can't really see in the picture. And I have glitter covering almost every inch of floor space of my apartment.

I had little girls at the walk pointing and saying, "Mommy look! It's Elsa!" and I had little girls dressed in Olaf costumes who were so happy to see the Queen. And I had a friend tell someone who was cold that it was Elsa's fault :rotfl: I had random people ask if they could take my picture!

At one point, I was standing with my friends, waiting for the walk to start when a little girl dressed in a hot pink Batman outfit come stand next to my two friends. She put her hands behind her back, and just looked up at me with the biggest smile on her face. It was ADORBS.

I can't even. pixiedust:

Ok yeah, just FYI, there is still not a hard enough rain in existance that would get me onto Small World. :goodvibes

It is crazy how insane it gets when the rain hits and people head for cover. You know people, if you want to leave the park I'd be ok with that. Just sayin'.

Hahahahaha, I have gotten a few castle pictures in that spot you did, but only when it was raining. So I guess that's my rain spot.

Ok yeah, just FYI, there is still not a hard enough rain in existance that would get me onto Small World. :goodvibes

It is crazy how insane it gets when the rain hits and people head for cover. You know people, if you want to leave the park I'd be ok with that. Just sayin'.

Hahahahaha, I have gotten a few castle pictures in that spot you did, but only when it was raining. So I guess that's my rain spot.

I don't think there was a single person in MK that day who shared that opinion!!! LOL. So. Many. People.

And, I have no idea if anyone actually agrees with this, but I think the rain is harder on those of us who are used to snow. All winter long, I was used to the cold and the snow but it wasn't damp. It was just cold. When I went to Florida and it switched to rain, it just seemed SO much colder!

LOL @ rain spot. Everyone needs one of those :cheer2:

First, I think if you want to, and think interesting things happen while you are in San Antonio, I'd be up for an update or two from there (don't feel like you have to force it though).

Ok, on to your update

I agree about the People Mover - I think it is great that you can just sit and relax and get to see so much of the Magic Kingdom (or at least part of it) while doing it. One of the reasons I like the WDW Railroad and enjoyed the Skyway when they had it

I enjoyed the "had will have placed" part for BBT as well ... especially Leonard's response at one point of "I don't know - you are the one that came up with this!"

Bummer about all the rain, but you seem to be getting to a few things you want at least

glad you had fun dressing up as Elsa. I have a felling around me this halloween there will be hundreds of tiny Elsa's running around asking me for candy

Glad to hear I'm not the only one that's fallen behind lately! I am in desperate need of a few solid hours to devote solely to catching up on TRs!

Yes, please do some updates about Deep Fried Hell (oops, I mean "San Antonio") ;) I'd love to see how your long awaited reunion with family goes! :goodvibes

Awesome costume for your walk!!! And :lovestruc on the little kids that fell in love with you that day!!! :goodvibes

I would be interested in hearing about San Antonio! I've never been, but I always like hearing about new places :)

Ugh, the rain. One of my most vivid memories from my very first trip when I was 8 years old was when it started pouring while we were in MK, and we just hopped back and forth between Small World and Peter Pan!

Love your Elsa costume! The tutu is so cute!

I will officially be sharing my San Antonio trip on here :) I leave five weeks from today! Excited to see my family. No comment on the actual trip or the potential really hot weather! Haha.

First, I think if you want to, and think interesting things happen while you are in San Antonio, I'd be up for an update or two from there (don't feel like you have to force it though).

Ok, on to your update

I agree about the People Mover - I think it is great that you can just sit and relax and get to see so much of the Magic Kingdom (or at least part of it) while doing it. One of the reasons I like the WDW Railroad and enjoyed the Skyway when they had it

I enjoyed the "had will have placed" part for BBT as well ... especially Leonard's response at one point of "I don't know - you are the one that came up with this!"

Bummer about all the rain, but you seem to be getting to a few things you want at least

glad you had fun dressing up as Elsa. I have a felling around me this halloween there will be hundreds of tiny Elsa's running around asking me for candy

Sadly, I think I've only been on the railroad once... and that was also in the rain. I really wanted to ride it again this year but never got a chance.

That BBT epi killed me.... between the grammar and trying to follow the Back to the Future scenarios, I wound up highly entertained. With a terrible headache. Haha.

I'm bummed that I don't get ToTers because I really wanted to how my Frozen characters there were. I came really close to convincing one my friends who didn't have a costume to be Sven, but it didn't work out.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one that's fallen behind lately! I am in desperate need of a few solid hours to devote solely to catching up on TRs!

Yes, please do some updates about Deep Fried Hell (oops, I mean "San Antonio") ;) I'd love to see how your long awaited reunion with family goes! :goodvibes

Awesome costume for your walk!!! And :lovestruc on the little kids that fell in love with you that day!!! :goodvibes

Thanks!! I love how it turned out!! The kids melted my heart!!

I would be interested in hearing about San Antonio! I've never been, but I always like hearing about new places :)

Ugh, the rain. One of my most vivid memories from my very first trip when I was 8 years old was when it started pouring while we were in MK, and we just hopped back and forth between Small World and Peter Pan!

Love your Elsa costume! The tutu is so cute!

I don't remember ever being in Florida in the rain as a child. The couple times I went, we must have gotten really lucky! We would only do one Disney day on those trips, but I remember going and doing so much other stuff and I really can't remember rain at all.

Thank you!!! I'm really happy with the way it turned out!!

I'm still here. I think that's a great idea to share your upcoming trip.
Who knows? Maybe you'll hit a cold front.

One just came through here. It's 55 degrees this morning in Orlando, feels like winter. Last night was in the 60's, so JJ was feeling great!

Hi Sue! I'm still here! I feel behind and I'm catching up too. Glad you and your dad had some fun despite the rain! I wouldn't mind hearing about San Antonio/Deep Fried Hell. :lmao:
I really love the People Mover. It's a nice smooth tour of Tomorrowland and a few minutes off your feet!
I love your iasw nostalgia story :lovestruc I am the same way, absolutely have to ride each trip!~
Awww I saw your Elsa costume on Facebook!! I love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter