Epic Trip-want to repeat!

Mindmush74

Earning My Ears
Goodmorning! I just found this group and I'm thrilled. My hubs and I just got home from an epic week and WDW. WE stayed at the Swan. We LOVED this location being in walking distance to EP and HS. When we booked back in November 2020, the Swan rates were really low-less than $200/night. Now we want to book for our family of 9 for Jan and we cant find a single deal under $400/night- We would love to stay at an EP resort again, but don't think its feasible with that amount of people. Any suggestions?

Discounts for next year probably won't be available until after summer. I'm sure something will come up. You could always book now with the deposit and if/when a deal is available, apply to your booking.

We didnt book through Disney-we booked directly through Marriot, with AAA discount. And we would need 3 rooms for 9 people. Is DVC the way to go??

We didnt book through Disney-we booked directly through Marriot, with AAA discount. And we would need 3 rooms for 9 people. Is DVC the way to go??
It might be the way to go. It depends on a couple of things. It depends on the make-up of your family. Would anyone be willing to sleep on a fold out couch in the living room? You'll need to figure out if you want 3 studios or a 2BR and a studio or if all of you can fit in 1 2BR (which sleeps 8 or 9 people). Are you looking early January or late January? Early January is pretty booked and late January is filling up.

Also check on the Dolphin. They are often less than the Swan. There is some difference between the two, Dolphin is bigger, the bathrooms are laid out different and the beds at one are doubles and queens at the other (I can't remember which is which). Also, you might want to check on third party sites, sometimes they have discounts. I always book with a refundable room and have been known to change my reservation up to 3 times before my trip because I find rates for less.

As far as DVC, as other have said it depends on the type of room you want and if you are willing to book so far in advance with a very real possibility of no refund if you cancel. I have found I can always get Swan or Dolphin for less than renting points but I just need a studio and the benefit of renting point seems to be if you go with the one or two bedroom villas.

If you don't mind being outside of the bubble, you might want to check the other resorts right outside of Disney, they often have much less rates for much bigger rooms. I, personally, like the bubble but it's an option if you will have a car.

Also check on the Dolphin. They are often less than the Swan. There is some difference between the two, Dolphin is bigger, the bathrooms are laid out different and the beds at one are doubles and queens at the other (I can't remember which is which). Also, you might want to check on third party sites, sometimes they have discounts. I always book with a refundable room and have been known to change my reservation up to 3 times before my trip because I find rates for less.

As far as DVC, as other have said it depends on the type of room you want and if you are willing to book so far in advance with a very real possibility of no refund if you cancel. I have found I can always get Swan or Dolphin for less than renting points but I just need a studio and the benefit of renting point seems to be if you go with the one or two bedroom villas.

If you don't mind being outside of the bubble, you might want to check the other resorts right outside of Disney, they often have much less rates for much bigger rooms. I, personally, like the bubble but it's an option if you will have a car.
You do have to also account for the $35 resort fee and the $29 parking fee at the Dolphin.

One potential good option is to call S&D's in-house reservations and ask about suites. They have units that have a main living room & 2 bedrooms connected (3 baths) that I've been quoted low 600$s for. The middle room has a pull out couch (maybe 2 pull outs I forget) so depending on your budget and traveling configuration this may or may not be cheaper than getting 3 rooms. You will also only pay one resort fee as opposed to 3. They have a number of different configurations so maybe give them a call if that sounds appealing. Also as a previous poster said, book something (refundable) now to have it, and then keep checking PL, Hotwire, etc.

You do have to also account for the $35 resort fee and the $29 parking fee at the Dolphin.
True, but don't you have to pay those at Swan as well? I was just referring to the room rate so thanks for adding that just in case it wasn't understood that those are still there.

We want the bubble, especially the EP area bubble.

True, but don't you have to pay those at Swan as well? I was just referring to the room rate so thanks for adding that just in case it wasn't understood that those are still there.
Right, but there is no resort fee or parking fees when renting DVC points. So, you have to add $68 per night to a Swolphin room if you're driving and $37 if you're not.

we dont have to pay for parking because we fly in and with the resort fee, we still paid less than 200/night. It was quite a deal!

David's DVC rentals??
Make sure that you understand David's contract and cancellation policy. DVC could be a good fit for you but if you think one of the families might bail on the trip you'll get stuck holding the bag.

One potential good option is to call S&D's in-house reservations and ask about suites. They have units that have a main living room & 2 bedrooms connected (3 baths) that I've been quoted low 600$s for. The middle room has a pull out couch (maybe 2 pull outs I forget) so depending on your budget and traveling configuration this may or may not be cheaper than getting 3 rooms. You will also only pay one resort fee as opposed to 3. They have a number of different configurations so maybe give them a call if that sounds appealing. Also as a previous poster said, book something (refundable) now to have it, and then keep checking PL, Hotwire, etc.

I second this suggestion. We stayed in a suite at the Dolphin a few years back and the entire suite cost less than a standard room at one of the EP resorts. The suite, if I recall, slept 8, but, if you call the Swan/Dolphin directly, they can help you figure out a room configuration for 9. The suite was very spacious - two regular rooms (one king, one double) with a huge living room in between with a pull-out couch, kitchenette and extra bathroom.

The Swan/Dolphin often runs "family" promos as well if you book multiple rooms, you get a percentage off the second room. I would definitely call the resort directly to get pricing.

Look on the DVC-Rent/Trade board. You can get much better deals than David's offers. Just read the sticky about how to do this safely. I've rented directly from members through this board many times and always had a great experience.

I second this suggestion. We stayed in a suite at the Dolphin a few years back and the entire suite cost less than a standard room at one of the EP resorts. The suite, if I recall, slept 8, but, if you call the Swan/Dolphin directly, they can help you figure out a room configuration for 9. The suite was very spacious - two regular rooms (one king, one double) with a huge living room in between with a pull-out couch, kitchenette and extra bathroom.

The Swan/Dolphin often runs "family" promos as well if you book multiple rooms, you get a percentage off the second room. I would definitely call the resort directly to get pricing.
Hey @Mindmush74,

Here is a good starting point at the newly redesigned Swan & Dolphin specific site:

https://swandolphin.com/accommodations/
However as @Marthasor suggested above is to call in-house reservations to discuss different configurations. They are not always there and your call may roll over to one of the regular Marriott call centers. Local: 407-934-4000 Reservations: 1-888-828-8850

Dave

Goodmorning! I just found this group and I'm thrilled. My hubs and I just got home from an epic week and WDW. WE stayed at the Swan. We LOVED this location being in walking distance to EP and HS. When we booked back in November 2020, the Swan rates were really low-less than $200/night. Now we want to book for our family of 9 for Jan and we cant find a single deal under $400/night- We would love to stay at an EP resort again, but don't think its feasible with that amount of people. Any suggestions?

Do you want to book for the whole group at under $400/night? That’s going to be hard if you want to stay in the bubble.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter