Epcot Wedding, NON-Disney Photographer ... What do we think of this?

Captain Obvious is *obviously* trolling from that other board ... please, just ignore them. Wanting to have a contractual policy applied across the board is not "jealousy" or "self-entitlement"; any reasonable person knows that. That poster is simply trying to push everyone's buttons.

Captain Obvious is *obviously* trolling from that other board ... please, just ignore them. Wanting to have a contractual policy applied across the board is not "jealousy" or "self-entitlement"; any reasonable person knows that. That poster is simply trying to push everyone's buttons.

I am not trolling from any other board. I am a past disney bride myself. Would you like to see pictures? :)

I am not trolling from any other board. I am a past disney bride myself. Would you like to see pictures? :)

Sure.

I don't think it's wrong for the brides to call DFTW with questions. They were given set rules, and when someone is published getting around those rules, it's only natural to question why.

Sure.

I don't think it's wrong for the brides to call DFTW with questions. They were given set rules, and when someone is published getting around those rules, it's only natural to question why.

Of course it is. Saying "hmm, I wonder how she did that" is one thing. Calling DFTW and demanding an explanation is a whole other level of crazy.

Of course it is. Saying "hmm, I wonder how she did that" is one thing. Calling DFTW and demanding an explanation is a whole other level of crazy.

I don't think so. These brides are paying for a Disney Fairytale Wedding, as well. They should be allowed to inquire about different things they see other brides doing to see if they can do them with their wedding. I know that a lot of brides would like to use outside photographers in the parks, so I don't think this is a crazy question.

because it's none of your business why they did something for someone else!!!! why do you think disney owes you or anybody else an explanation for what they chose to do?

It most certainly is my business when I have been told that I cannot do the exact same thing! A rule is a rule and ought to be followed. If Disney has made a special exception, then I want to know why. I am paying my money too.

And the only thing I feel that I am entitled to is that Disney plays fair with every couple. Not just pick and choose which ones to be nicer too. We are all entitled to feel special on our day and not wonder if the bride getting married the next day is more special than we are.

Sure, Disney has a right as a company to do what they want, but they can't set rules and ask 99% of their customers (brides) to follow rules and then let another customer (bride) do something different and not expect the others to question it. I hardly think that a bride calling their coordinator and asking what's going on as inappropriate.

ETA, it's easy for a former bride to say it's not a big deal; they already had their day... I would be curious to see how she felt if she was going through the wedding planning right now.... Would it still be 'none of their business'?

Wow this whole 'rule-breaking' thing is getting real nasty.
I recently posted on the thread of the lady who has posted about getting married on the monorail, and got a very nasty response!!!
I suggested that her posts may not be well received as she had clearly broken the rules and would likely stir up a hornet's nest. I implied that maybe that was her intention as she was also encouraging others to post about their 'sneaky, get away weddings'!!
Boy, did she get mad and let rip at me!!
I guess I ought to keep my feelings to myself, but I feel it is unfair that most brides stick to the rules Disney make and pay their money, whilst others see fit to not only break said rules, but get angry when people suggest it is wrong to do so!!

Looks likeba wedding on the very high side, price wise. Maybe even into the six digits. I to see the problem - pay more, get the rules bended.

I agree Joanne!

What is the point of getting mad at each other for this?! DFTW is something we ALL have in common. We are here to help each other...not put each other down! We are just trying to get an answer from this whole situation because it no longer concerns the bride who had an outside photographer in Epcot...it concerns all the upcoming Epcot and other theme park brides who had to give up their dream of particular outside photographers to have an awesome ceremony/reception/DP/whatever. Is it that big of a deal if they see an opportunity to get what they want and seize it? I don't think it deserves all this drama! If in the end we don't get to bend the rule....or we don't get the answer we want from DFTW...at least we have this thread to show us that people are on our side and understand what we are going through...that's what any girl wants really...support.

And as my mother always said to me....if you have nothing good to say....you guys know the rest.

I believe I said I didn't need to see photos. I'm sure there are past Disney brides over there. You're living, posting proof of that. ;)

I believe I said I didn't need to see photos. I'm sure there are past Disney brides over there. You're living, posting proof of that. ;)

I believe I quite frankly don't need your permission to post pictures ;) Nor do I care to which boards you think I belong to.

I believe I quite frankly don't need your permission to post pictures ;) Nor do I care to which boards you think I belong to.

You're right, you have the right to post on any board you want, but it seems like you came over to post about this simply to stir up trouble with people who this ACTUALLY affects.

ETA, it's easy for a former bride to say it's not a big deal; they already had their day... I would be curious to see how she felt if she was going through the wedding planning right now.... Would it still be 'none of their business'?

Yes I already had my day. But guess what? While I was planning MY day I was told by Disney that they absolutely did not do castle weddings. Then I found Sarah and Fred on here who had a gorgeous wedding and reception right in front of the castle. Do you think I called DFTW and demanded an explanation? No! It was absolutely none of my business what agreement they came to with Disney and why the rules were bent for them.

You're right, you have the right to post on any board you want, but it seems like you came over to post about this simply to stir up trouble with people who this ACTUALLY affects.

Not that it matters but I don't even belong to *****. I was browsing the site and decided to comment since most of the posters sounded like 5 year olds.

Yes I already had my day. But guess what? While I was planning MY day I was told by Disney that they absolutely did not do castle weddings. Then I found Sarah and Fred on here who had a gorgeous wedding and reception right in front of the castle. Do you think I called DFTW and demanded an explanation? No! It was absolutely none of my business what agreement they came to with Disney and why the rules were bent for them.

You only quoted the bottom part of my post, so I'm not sure if you read the entire thing, or if you just left it out because it didn't fit with what you had to say.... Posted:

Sure, Disney has a right as a company to do what they want, but they can't set rules and ask 99% of their customers (brides) to follow rules and then let another customer (bride) do something different and not expect the others to question it. I hardly think that a bride calling their coordinator and asking what's going on as inappropriate.

There is nothing wrong with questioning a company’s choices. It doesn't mean that anything is going to change, but you can try. If I had my heart set on something and was told no, only to find that someone else was getting it I'd call and ask what was going on. I hardly doubt that any bride here called their coordinator and whined about this with them... I'm pretty sure that they asked for answers though, which they are entitled to. THIS is a message board. The whole purpose of it is for people to 'talk' about what is going on in their lives, plans, etc..... If you can't 'whine' here, where can you whine?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter