Epcot still a mess?

On the bright side, the Remy/France expansion will open soon, so there will be less construction walls over there. And the GotG ride will be opening in 2022 so hopefully that corner of Future World/whatever they are calling it will look better.

On another bright side, I remember a few years ago when Hollywood Studios was torn apart and put back together. Now that Galaxy's Edge and Toy Story Land, plus MMRR are done it looks a lot better. Unfortunately it's just all growing pains.

Not to be Johnny Raincloud but there is still a lot of work with the Play! Pavillion based upon concept artwork (who knows how accurate that is though) and don't forget that it is rumored SE is shutting down for an extensive rehab and Lord knows when GOTG gets completed. There are a lot of projects on the burner now and into the future with EP.

Anyone who has visited recently concerned the 50th Anniversary kick off might be incredibly disappointing for those attending? Just left this week and kept thinking about how unprepared Disney seems for the crowds heading their way next month. o_O:oops: I hope I’m wrong.

Yeah, it’s tough to visit. They neglected to update any of Future World for years.

On a people watching note, it’s fun to stand and the dead end behind Spaceship Earth to see people go back there only to get lost. I’ve even seen Disney post cast members back there to point people in the right direction.
Or how the photographers take your picture elsewhere in the park and insert Spaceship Earth as your backdrop when your photos appear in MDE? My kids were near The Land when this photo was taken. :rotfl2:2289D5FD-9167-45B6-A1B9-243540A5229B.jpeg

I'm not really sure what people were expecting, Epcot was supposed to still be a construction zone this fall. I definitely don't find it depressing, just adds a few extra steps to my day, which I don't mind. Plus several things they have been working on seem to be moving right along.

I'm not really sure what people were expecting, Epcot was supposed to still be a construction zone this fall. I definitely don't find it depressing, just adds a few extra steps to my day, which I don't mind. Plus several things they have been working on seem to be moving right along.
I'm with you, I was there in April and it really didn't bother me. I'll admit I might have gotten turned around a time or two (or three) but I just went with it. I'll be there next week and will have no issue going to FW with the walls up. They were starting to work on the barges in the lake when I was there and while I wish there was a way they could have made them not permanent, it really doesn't bother me. Epcot is still my favorite park and we will be spending part of every single day there.

We were there earlier this week and it’s a mess, but worst of all they changed the Future World soundtrack. :sad: That was my favorite music loop in all of WDW. I was so sad. Not sure when it changed but the old soundtrack was still playing on our last trip Dec 2019.

We were there earlier this week and it’s a mess, but worst of all they changed the Future World soundtrack. :sad: That was my favorite music loop in all of WDW. I was so sad. Not sure when it changed but the old soundtrack was still playing on our last trip Dec 2019.

What is it changed to? I loved the old “new age” stuff. Was a great atmosphere to wander, think, and recharge away from the usual Disney IP or high-energy overload.

So they just announced that the Creations Shop will open next week, Sept 15! Hopefully this will take down some of the horrible construction walls! :flower:

Wallcot is a perfect description for Future World. What a mess. It will look great when it's done though. The Epcot Experience presentation got me excited for what the completed product will look like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter