Epcot- NYE

Been doing NYE at Epcot for ten plus years. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the best restroom in world showcase. Maybe it's a secret (sh only us dis people will know). Between Canada and the U.K. It's only opened during very busy times. There is a walkway that looks like you can't use but you can. There is a restaurant, Fantasia, that is again, only opened on special occasions. Go to the left and there are huge restrooms, usually empty. There were built for the millennium and as I said are only opened during very busy seasons.

You are welcome!!!

Maybe we'll see you there. Enjoy!!!

Been doing NYE at Epcot for ten plus years. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the best restroom in world showcase. Maybe it's a secret (sh only us dis people will know). Between Canada and the U.K. It's only opened during very busy times. There is a walkway that looks like you can't use but you can. There is a restaurant, Fantasia, that is again, only opened on special occasions. Go to the left and there are huge restrooms, usually empty. There were built for the millennium and as I said are only opened during very busy seasons.

You are welcome!!!

I agree and fwiw it was mentioned in post #5 :)

Awesome! What is Fantasia?
It's essentially the private venue between UK and Canada. Can't tell from a distance but we learned on our WS tour that it's just a giant tent. Very fancy tent. It's called the Showplace now, Huge bathrooms. They only open them to the public on very special occasions

You are welcome!!!

There's no restaurant in there. Not even on busy nights
They hold special events like party for the senses and such but that's not exactly a restaurant that you make an ADR for

There's no restaurant in there. Not even on busy nights
They hold special events like party for the senses and such but that's not exactly a restaurant that you make an ADR for

I think they do offer a buffet here on NYE, IIRC 2 seating's but I haven't looked to see if its offered this year (since we head home on the 30th, boo hoo).

I think they do offer a buffet here on NYE, IIRC 2 seating's but I haven't looked to see if its offered this year (since we head home on the 30th, boo hoo).
Right. But not at a regular ADR. It's an event you book, like party for the senses but a different name

The "World Show Place Pavilion" is often thought of as a tent or temporary structure but it's much more than that. It's an alternative construction building utilizing a heavy steel frame attached to a permanent cement pad and foundation with an exterior made of a very durable, thick, rubber-like membrane stretched over the steel frame. As for temporary, it's over 18 years old and will be around for a while longer. From outside the large gates it may appear that the pavilion is not used that much but the reality is that it's used for dozens of mostly very large special events annually.

The Park Event Operations (PEO) department, the department which is responsible for putting on the NYE dinner and thousands of other events property-wide, is housed in the building attached to the World Show Place Pavilion and uses it as their main venue either for one large event or partitions it into three smaller venues for smaller events.

The NYE event is called "New Year's Eve Dinner at the World Show Place Pavilion". It's a dinner buffet only and not an all-night event. Advance reservations are required and can be made by calling Disney Dining at (407) 939-3463.

We've been to Epcot Fourth of July. How do crowds compare to NYE? I see Illuminations is at 10:30. Then what and when are the other fireworks referenced above?

We've been to Epcot Fourth of July. How do crowds compare to NYE? I see Illuminations is at 10:30. Then what and when are the other fireworks referenced above?
no, Illuminations is at 6:30pm then they do the NYE Countdown starting at 11:40pm, each country launches fireworks in the order they struck midnight, so the Asia countries first, followed by Europe then America https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/calendars/five-day/2018-12-31/
It is way more crowded than July 4th, there are different parties in China, Italy, American Adventure, by the Fountain of Nations

The "World Show Place Pavilion" is often thought of as a tent or temporary structure but it's much more than that. It's an alternative construction building utilizing a heavy steel frame attached to a permanent cement pad and foundation with an exterior made of a very durable, thick, rubber-like membrane stretched over the steel frame. As for temporary, it's over 18 years old and will be around for a while longer. From outside the large gates it may appear that the pavilion is not used that much but the reality is that it's used for dozens of mostly very large special events annually.

The Park Event Operations (PEO) department, the department which is responsible for putting on the NYE dinner and thousands of other events property-wide, is housed in the building attached to the World Show Place Pavilion and uses it as their main venue either for one large event or partitions it into three smaller venues for smaller events.

The NYE event is called "New Year's Eve Dinner at the World Show Place Pavilion". It's a dinner buffet only and not an all-night event. Advance reservations are required and can be made by calling Disney Dining at (407) 939-3463.
getting a little off topic here, but I remember when they actually added World Showplace, it was called Millennium Village, it had interactive exhibits and attractions during the Millennium celebration, I was very excited because my country, Venezuela, had a small booth along with Brazil and the rain forest walk through
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_Village

getting a little off topic here, but I remember when they actually added World Showplace, it was called Millennium Village, it had interactive exhibits and attractions during the Millennium celebration, I was very excited because my country, Venezuela, had a small booth along with Brazil and the rain forest walk through
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_Village

We loved that!! There was also an Israel attraction.

no, Illuminations is at 6:30pm then they do the NYE Countdown starting at 11:40pm, each country launches fireworks in the order they struck midnight, so the Asia countries first, followed by Europe then America https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/calendars/five-day/2018-12-31/
It is way more crowded than July 4th, there are different parties in China, Italy, American Adventure, by the Fountain of Nations
Thanks. I see that now on the Disney site. Kenny shows it at 10:30.

Is there a time that day Epcot could close to capacity? We have AP but will be staying offsite.

Is there a time that day Epcot could close to capacity? We have AP but will be staying offsite.
Could? Anything is possible. Heck, with the weather this year, it may just snow in Orlando. Probable? No. Even off site, AP would be allowed in till the last levels of closure, which I don't know that Epcot has ever reached. Maybe when MK did decade ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter