Epcot- NYE

conandrob240

DIS Veteran
two questions

What time will the dance parties in World Showcase start?

When World showcase travel becomes a one-way traffic flow, what direction does it flow?

It's not nearly the insanity people imagine in their minds.
Crowded yes for sure
But they are so masterful at moving the crowds around you never feel like you are in the numbers that you are.
Until you head to a bathroom.

Crowded yes for sure
But they are so masterful at moving the crowds around you never feel like you are in the numbers that you are.
yep, I tell people if you are at Epcot on NYE don't wait until you have to "go"...best restrooms are the ones at the World Showplace space and, if you don't have any bags and can make a quick in and out, the International Gateway.
I am going this year, my son just got his schedule and will be playing with British Revolution, their last set is at midnight following the fireworks so that'll be super fun

yep, I tell people if you are at Epcot on NYE don't wait until you have to "go"...best restrooms are the ones at the World Showplace space and, if you don't have any bags and can make a quick in and out, the International Gateway.
I am going this year, my son just got his schedule and will be playing with British Revolution, their last set is at midnight following the fireworks so that'll be super fun
Yay! We'll be there again too. I'm totally going to do the IG bathroom trick this year since we don't carry bags anyway
We'll be sure to catch British Revolution too. I always enjoy them

Went couple years ago prepared for chaos and one n’ done. Was totally doable and we’ll do again.

We definitely used the International Gateway bathrooms and usually only folks in them, getting an ADR is HUGE since lines for all quick food were very long, we walked to DHS after to catch bus and we got straight on and out.

Last edited:

Crowded yes for sure

Totally agree with this. The crowd management at Epcot is outstanding.

We booked a later ADR and it was so nice to have a bathroom in the restaurant to use that could only be accessed by people dining. We didn’t have an ADR booked originally. I booked it pretty last minute when it opened up and I was happy to have that little break (and a bathroom with no line!)

After 6 or 7 wonderful NYE's at Epcot we are sad to miss this year due to dd's work schedule xx fingers for 2019.

Agree with all of the above - its crowded but manageable! Some backstage areas are open for walking and the CM's do a great job managing the flow of traffic.

We have also been able to find paces to get away if we need a minute and we always book an ADR for lunch and dinner, dinner is usually after the first fireworks. If you need snacks or water be sure to purchase ahead of time and carry them with you.

America has a good deal of space, two bathrooms as well as outside seating that doesn't seem to fill up so we often end up there for part of the night.

Great idea about the IG bathroom :)

That's pretty cool yuiliin - We are also BR fans and will definitely be seeing them at least twice over Christmas week.

I don't know why but Im thinking about going to Epcot for NYE in 2019. Preparing myself now for the insanity.

It's worth it. Just pack a little patience and make sure you have at least one ADR (though for last year I was able to grab Teppan Edo for 10:15 p.m. at 9:30 pm. and it worked out perfectly - great dinner and then outside to grab a drink just in time for the fireworks and countdown to start.

I will say that more people were camping out around the World Showcase fence for fireworks last year than in years past and Epcot was allowing them to take up WAY more space (I've done five of the last six NYE at Epcot), so that was frustrating.

Also, it will likely say the Holiday Kitchens will be open - and they are, but they basically just have hot dogs, cookies and leftover beer and unnamed wine from the other Festival of the Holidays booths.

I usually do a lunch ADR at Biergarten around 1 and then a late dinner (10-10:30 p.m.) at Chefs or somewhere in Japan - usually where I want to watch fireworks from.

A

I usually do a lunch ADR at Biergarten around 1 and then a late dinner (10-10:30 p.m.) at Chefs or somewhere in Japan - usually where I want to watch fireworks from.
I was able to get. 10:40 for Tokyo Dining and it sounds like a good place to watch the fireworks from. Would you agree?

I was able to get. 10:40 for Tokyo Dining and it sounds like a good place to watch the fireworks from. Would you agree?

Perfect! You can just walk out onto the patio! The view from Japan is EXCELLENT - it's where I usually watch NYE fireworks from. These are from this past NYE ... I was actually on the ground level in the center of the courtyard:

IMG_3167 4.JPG IMG_3168 2.JPG IMG_3169 2.JPG
IMG_3173 2.JPG

Awesome! I plan to be at the midnight show. :)

Would love to see British Revolution do a midnight set! This is my first time doing Epcot on NYE. What would be the best plan to catch a decent view of the fireworks and still catch this setlist? Figured with the heavy crowds every minute would probably count with trying to pull this off and being in the right spot would be key.

Would love to see British Revolution do a midnight set! This is my first time doing Epcot on NYE. What would be the best plan to catch a decent view of the fireworks and still catch this setlist? Figured with the heavy crowds every minute would probably count with trying to pull this off and being in the right spot would be key.
I like to watch from Canada, by the gift shop. The walk over to BR should be less than 5 minutes (swimming against the human current trying to leave)

Totally agree with this. The crowd management at Epcot is outstanding.

We booked a later ADR and it was so nice to have a bathroom in the restaurant to use that could only be accessed by people dining. We didn’t have an ADR booked originally. I booked it pretty last minute when it opened up and I was happy to have that little break (and a bathroom with no line!)
We enjoyed our dinner but didn't find the bathroom at the restaurant had any shorter wait. Shorter lines maybe but with fewer stalls the wait was just as long (we did Via Napoli). Still really enjoyed the community table that night.
We are not doing a dinner ADR this year. I decided we missed too much of the dance parties and stuff. This year we are doing a lunch at spice road, going to the resort to grab some food in the CL lounge (staying at BWI) and then back on to the park when the dance parties start

We enjoyed our dinner but didn't find the bathroom at the restaurant had any shorter wait. Shorter lines maybe but with fewer stalls the wait was just as long (we did Via Napoli). Still really enjoyed the community table that night.
We are not doing a dinner ADR this year. I decided we missed too much of the dance parties and stuff. This year we are doing a lunch at spice road, going to the resort to grab some food in the CL lounge (staying at BWI) and then back on to the park when the dance parties start

Oh that reminds me of the year we ate at 9 Dragons at 8ish and the bathroom lines were so long I ended up walking to Norway! I was back before my friend who waited in the restaurant bathroom line.

Oh that reminds me of the year we ate at 9 Dragons at 8ish and the bathroom lines were so long I ended up walking to Norway! I was back before my friend who waited in the restaurant bathroom line.

Wow! That’s good to know for future. We were at Le Cellier and the bathroom was just as it normally would be.

That restroom is shared by the quick service restaurant. Isn't it?

That restroom is shared by the quick service restaurant. Isn't it?

Yes, your right - and since it has outside access all the folks who were enjoying the live entertainment were using it as well! I am not complaining mind you but with only 2/3 stalls the line was literally out the door so I was glad to have an alternative:)
The walk to Norway even in the crowds was well worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!