Epcot Forever - What did you think?!

What did you think of Epcot Forever?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Really nice fireworks, and loved the kites - amazing. The music was good, enjoyed hearing the old music from EPCOT. But overall, just didn't wow me.
Watching the live stream, it just didn't seemed to have the soul that Illuminations had.
Hoping its better in person. I'll find out in a few weeks.

Not loving it. Not sure if it was because I was watching online, but the music sounded really bad. Disjointed, and all the songs were being played too fast. the flow from one song to the next just didn't work..and when they played the Tapestry music it sounded like noise, not one of my favorite Disney songs ever. It seems like they tried so hard to re-imagine the music that they ruined it. If they can ruin a fireworks show with some of the best Disney music of all time. I am really scared for Spaceship Earth. ...And why the heck was Aladdin music in Epcot forever??

Last edited:
Seemed disjointed. I'm not a fan of the kids bop singing or the child narrator. Music, with some exceptions didn't do it for us, or the the crowd around us. Loved hearing Walt's voice and vision. Tapestry got a big round of applause and was a nice surprise. Kites are very cool, and fireworks great. Will need to see it again.

my 11 year old:
"It was fireworks set to music, which is fine, but Disney can do better. Disney is about telling stories."

Smart kid.

That said we will probably try to see it in person, but the fireworks seemed like recycled sequences from Illuminations. It was Illuminations lite without the emotional impact and different music. I did not find this score to be emotion inspiring either even though I do love some of the songs. The actual version from American Adventure makes me cry whenever I hear it even when I just listen to parks music without seeing the show but this did nothing for me.

I called it a love letter to epcot originals. I absolutely loved it but i have a connection to all those songs, brought me back all those attractions
I did wonder how the non original epcot fan would feel

I called it a love letter to epcot originals. I absolutely loved it but i have a connection to all those songs, brought me back all those attractions
I did wonder how the non original epcot fan would feel

This is what I was thinking the show was going to be, a short lived show, probably not the best Disney has ever done, that throws bones to all of us who have loved Epcot (....forever ;)) to tide us over while they gut the park.

We go in a few weeks so I was going to hold off watching, but comments like this make me think I should so I don’t embarrass myself sobbing in the park and get it all out of my system at home. 😂

Not loving it. Not sure if it was because I was watching online, but the music sounded really bad. Disjointed, and all the songs were being played too fast. the flow from one song to the next just didn't work..and when they played the Tapestry music it sounded like noise, not one of my favorite Disney songs ever. It seems like they tried so hard to re-imagine the music that they ruined it. If they can ruin a fireworks show with some of the best Disney music of all time. I am really scared for Spaceship Earth. ...And why the heck was Aladdin music in Epcot forever??
I also agree that the Aladdin music at the end was out of place but it seems to be the transition into HarmonioUs. That show seems to be Disney movie music oriented

I did not watch the show, because I like to see everything in person for the first experience-so I have a question maybe you guys can help with. I have a special needs DD who went nuts over illuminations and the holiday tag at the end (so more into the fireworks). Last year we booked a private pontoon boat to see it, but due to construction Disney canceled it. So we booked it this year, is there enough fireworks to make the cost of the boat worth it? Or is it more music based. I understand everyone views things differently, I am just trying to get a bunch of opinions. Tia.

I just watched another vloggers video of the show and It did not make me change my mind at all..too much time in between songs, and after rushing through most of the classic Epcot songs they spent way to much time on Whole New World, I was actually hoping to hear Veggie Fruit Fruit but sticking whatever that was, in between Making Memories and It's Fun to be Free was an odd choice. Veggie Fruit Fruit actually has the line ..
My friends are exciting, just like fireworks igniting, they're incredible.
Sparks always fly each and every time you try fruit and vegetables
They're inviting and delighting, anytime you're with them, it's a treat.
Like a carnival. It's nice to dine with fruit and vegetables.
It would have been perfect for a fireworks show,
I agree with the person who posted,
Show producer: I have a glorious 3 hour finale!. .. Epcot management: You have a minute and a half.

Last edited:
There were more fireworks in this show than Illuminations, and more spread out over the lagoon. With the kites and jet skis imo would probably be more fun to see from the boat than illuminations. This coming from one of the biggest illuminations fans. Hope you have fun!
I did not watch the show, because I like to see everything in person for the first experience-so I have a question maybe you guys can help with. I have a special needs DD who went nuts over illuminations and the holiday tag at the end (so more into the fireworks). Last year we booked a private pontoon boat to see it, but due to construction Disney canceled it. So we booked it this year, is there enough fireworks to make the cost of the boat worth it? Or is it more music based. I understand everyone views things differently, I am just trying to get a bunch of opinions. Tia.

There were more fireworks in this show than Illuminations, and more spread out over the lagoon. With the kites and jet skis imo would probably be more fun to see from the boat than illuminations. This coming from one of the biggest illuminations fans. Hope you have fun!
Thank you! That is great to hear!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter