EPCOT Food and Wine Festival, Sept. 25 - Nov 16 2015

And it seems AJ knows as little as us about this package. It is incredible how Disney gets away with putting out no concrete info about a package people are paying hundreds of dollars to book!

I think that for most of us who reserved it, the real value is having the reserved areas and food runners and not so much from the additional amenities. We really aren't fans of standing in line, so having someone get our food and a having table to eat on right there (and not a garbage can) is absolutely worth it to us :)

We only wanted to see one demo, which we booked and we've had our Illuminations Dessert party reserved for some time...so...as I've mentioned, any extra tidbits are just a bit of extra magic :)

I totally agree that Disney should have been able to provide the exact details, because the confusion that it's causing is a real pain when people have to plan ;)

I think that for most of us who reserved it, the real value is having the reserved areas and food runners and not so much from the additional amenities. We really aren't fans of standing in line, so having someone get our food and a having table to eat on right there (and not a garbage can) is absolutely worth it to us :)

We only wanted to see one demo, which we booked and we've had our Illuminations Dessert party reserved for some time...so...as I've mentioned, any extra tidbits are just a bit of extra magic :)

I totally agree that Disney should have been able to provide the exact details, because the confusion that it's causing is a real pain when people have to plan ;)
I totally get that. And the reserved seating was what was tempting me to book the premium package yesterday.

Yes, after some incorrect information was given from Disney Dining, I posted on page 71. GOOD LUCK:wizard: and enjoy!:banana:

Thanks for that, easy to get lost in these long threads :crazy2:

All booked. Got the sampler on the day I wanted (Boys II Men - teenage me is excited! :yay:) and I got the brunch with the Cake Boss himself, Buddy! :cake:

Now I just need to stop looking at the menu's because 3 months is a long time to be salivating over all the yummy things!

I sent an email asking them to explain what exactly is included in the Premium Package this year. I just received a response stating that "information has not been released yet and to check back because that information will be available soon". I just sent another asking how people have been able to book a package if it hasn't been released yet? I'm sure I'll get another useless response.

Having the hardest time booking 9/27 for Zimmermn, online just refreshes, phone i get sold out or not loaded yet....

Has anyone been able to book the Discovery Sampler Package?
Yes, we booked for Sunday, November 8. Knowing that that is the end of Jersey week, plus the weekend of the half-marathon, we are expecting a bit of insanity crowd-wise at F&W. We go with the flow and don't let crowds fuss us, but I thought the reserved seating for Eat to the Beat might come in handy that night!

I sent an email asking them to explain what exactly is included in the Premium Package this year. I just received a response stating that "information has not been released yet and to check back because that information will be available soon". I just sent another asking how people have been able to book a package if it hasn't been released yet? I'm sure I'll get another useless response.

I got another useless response telling me to call the Recreation Team for specific information and to book.

During marathon week last year around that time the epcot lot was closed to guests for the marathon people, so be prepared for having to use different transportion

I got another useless response telling me to call the Recreation Team for specific information and to book.
Yea responses are interesting today, I got told earlier food and wine doesn't start til 10/2 when trying to book something for 9/27. I thought she meant that what's cooking with didnt start til 10/2 now, but npe they meant ENTIRE food and wine, I recalled to get another person after that.

The garbage can lids are often cleaner than the tables.

As for "seating" in the premium areas, they had a few chairs. Some of them also had some standing tables. But if the chairs were taken when you arrived, you had to wait until somebody left if you wanted to sit down. It was not guaranteed seating for everybody at the time you arrived. Most of the time they were not that busy, though.

I'm not considering the package this year, travel dates and plans will make it impossible to use the premium areas at all. If they included weekends then I'd be buying it.

I go to see Big Bad Voodoo Daddy every year and have never had issues getting a seat at the concert, ever. Not even with the marathon crowds. So right now I haven't considered paying Disney extra to get seating.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried the Cheese Seminar in the past? I couldn't resist anything to do with cheese :love:, but at over $80 per person, that had better be some pretty snazzy fromage!

We have done it several times. It completely rocks! You get a full plate of amazing cheese (bring a baggie for leftovers) to sample along with some generous pours of amazing wine. Then there is the sharing of experience and knowledge from the presenters. No matter how much you know about cheese and wine, you will learn something more about both. I make cheese (as a hobby) and leave these seminars fully charged with ideas. Plan on making this a "brunch" activity. Take notes!

Thank you so much, that is just what I wanted to hear! The David Gremmels seminar is in fact the one that we booked. I felt a bit guilty about the splurge, but it does sound like a rare opportunity. Looking forward to it immensely! "Only" 101 days from today!

You are sooooo lucky! We will be at the November 14th edition. David Gremmels is a cheesemaker at the Rogue Creamery and produces some amazing cheeses! I believe it was the 2013 Cheese Seminar he gave that included wine pairings from Chateau Montelena. For those who are unfamiliar with the significance of Chateau Montelena, that is the Napa Valley vintner who beat the French in a blind tasting competition in 1976. This winery changed the wine world and solidly positioned Napa Valley as a world-class wine producing region. This is just a single example of the caliber of these presentations.

If you are interested in learning more about the 1976 blind tasting and Chateau Montelena, watch the movie "Bottle Shock." It's a pretty good movie enjoyable by anyone, but for wine lovers it is particularly fun.

You are sooooo lucky! We will be at the November 14th edition. David Gremmels is a cheesemaker at the Rogue Creamery and produces some amazing cheeses! I believe it was the 2013 Cheese Seminar he gave that included wine pairings from Chateau Montelena. For those who are unfamiliar with the significance of Chateau Montelena, that is the Napa Valley vintner who beat the French in a blind tasting competition in 1976. This winery changed the wine world and solidly positioned Napa Valley as a world-class wine producing region. This is just a single example of the caliber of these presentations.

If you are interested in learning more about the 1976 blind tasting and Chateau Montelena, watch the movie "Bottle Shock." It's a pretty good movie enjoyable by anyone, but for wine lovers it is particularly fun.

Love that movie!!

:tongue: So I was just over on the Disney Food Blog and a poster says she called this morning and the CM tells her it's EITHER the seminar/demo or the desert party. Yes folks we are back to 'pick one that's worth $15 or one that's worth $50. (And if this is true the genius who came up with this probably thinks "most people will pick a seminar so we can keep selling Desert parties" ):scared:

And just to add confusion... I went and tried to book the Desert Party for every night of my M-R stay and it's available every night. How many people do they let in that party. You figure they need an average of 125 spots a night just for the premium package! pixiedust:

This train wreck may turn out to be incredibly entertaining! :badpc:

Epcot Food and Wine Festival Tasting Sampler — NEW!
To celebrate the Epcot Food and Wine Festival’s 20th anniversary, for the first time ever, you can enjoy this sampler package that allows you to Taste Your Way Around the World easier than ever before! You’ll also enjoy priority seating for the 6:45 Eat to the Beat Show!

You’ve wanted that pass to Eat and Drink Your Way Around the World — well, here it is!

This package includes:

• Eight entitlements for food or beverage of your choice at 30 Food and Wine Festival Booths
  • Priority seating at the 6:45 Eat to the Beat Concert on the day the package is purchased
  • Limited release 20th Anniversary pin that comes in 3 different colors
When: Limited amount of packages available daily
Where: Epcot
Pricing: $59, per person, plus tax. Epcot admission required.

I was curious about this package for my mother and I so I looked into it. First of all, the concert is a moot point for us since we won't be going anyways. Second, the pin is a nice add-on, but not something I would place any value on. Finally, I looked at it as a way to "pre-pay" for 8 food/beverage options at the booths so I checked further to see if there would be any value in it for us.

Each entitlement has an approximate value (to me) of $7.50. I looked at last year's menus (which contained the prices) and saw that most of the food options are around $3-$6, which would make this a bad deal. Then, I checked out the alcohol prices. Mom will drink some wines while I prefer the mixed drinks and neither of us like beer. I assumed that the alcoholic beverages were NOT included. When I called to book our culinary demo, I asked about this package. The CM was very nice and apologetic because she had to put me on hold several times until she could find someone that had the information I needed. This is what I found out...

1) The alcoholic beverages ARE included:drinking1:cheer2:
2) You can buy the package for ONE person and SHARE the entitlements. This works out great for us since we planned to share the food and drinks anyways.
3) You must select which day you want to use the package and the entitlements are valid on THAT DAY ONLY. There are a limited number of packages being sold for each day. This is a sticking point for us right now because I am not sure yet which day we will be spending the most time at Epcot.

Some things I am not sure about (and I am almost certain that calling would get me nowhere)...Is The Refreshment Port (and other "permanent" booths) included? I'm also wondering about the food "cafe" that is set up at the Festival Center, would that be included?

OK a friend, who lurks but won't bother to register (you know who you are!), wants to know if anyone has ever done a Andrea Robinson seminar. I didn't see many posts about it on here and while I have watched her on TV I have no idea if she's a good presenter (or if 1996 was a good year for wine LOL!)

Can anyone get into the official Epcot F&W pages? It seems to be down.

Laura

Edit: nevermind, I can get into it now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter