EPCOT Food and Wine Festival, Sept. 25 - Nov 16 2015

There are two packages.

1) Discovery Sampler Package. Includes:
8 items from the World Showcase Marketplaces (may be some exclusions)
1 commemorative pin (apparently it's the same pin but comes in 3 different colors and you get a color choice)
1 "VIP" seating for the 6:45 Eat to the Beat concert
All of these must be used on the date for which you have purchased the package.
Price: $59 (plus tax)

2) Premium Package. Includes:
4 items from the World Showcase Marketplaces (exclusions unknown; also unknown if you must use them on one day)
1 goodie bag per guest (includes bag, special commemorative Magic Band, bottle of wine and wine glass)
1 admission to either a culinary or beverage seminar (unknown when you reserve these)
Use of special premium areas around WS on M-Th only, in the calendar week you purchase the package. Areas operate from 12-8 PM
Price: $199 (plus tax)

That's what we have on them so far. Because Disney didn't publish or release anything about the entitlements for the premium package, we're still not totally sure we have everything listed.

We are still not certain whether or not this package includes admission to an Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party. At this point it might or might not.

For 2014 the premium entitlements were:
$50 Disney F&W festival gift card
1 goodie bag per guest (included bag, special Magic Band, bottle of wine, wine glass, chocolates and corkscrew)
1 admission to Late Night Live (they would refund this portion if your Late Night Live was cancelled or you could switch to a different Late Night Live)
Use of special premium areas around WS on M-Th only. If your stay was 2 calendar weeks you could have asked for another week's credentials.

And it was tied to a Disney resort reservation, so you had to have one to book. This year anyone can book it (beware though: some are being told that you DO need a resort reservation)

Big differences are 4 kiosk entitlements instead of the $50 gift card, fewer items in the bag, and a deminar instead of Late Night Live. Of course the deminar is $15 whereas the Late Night Live cost something like $75.

Thank you so much! Sorry if it was rehashing previous posts!

Speaking of CM misinformation (new title for this thread?)...

In the three recent calls I have made to Disney, the CM's have quoted the proper allowable time for Disney transportation to events as 1.5 hours, 1 hour, and just now, 30 minutes. :joker: :rotfl2:
Should call again and see if the time goes negative! Possibly the event exists on the event horizon of a blackhole and THAT is the issue!

So worth it! It does include some really 'snazzy' cheeses. I love stinky cheese. Wines are usually good too. Our trip happens to coincide with the David Gremmels cheese seminar; he is the owner/cheesemonger for Rogue Valley Creamery. Wonderful cheeses and terrific presentation! My highest recommendation!
Thank you so much, that is just what I wanted to hear! The David Gremmels seminar is in fact the one that we booked. I felt a bit guilty about the splurge, but it does sound like a rare opportunity. Looking forward to it immensely! "Only" 101 days from today!

Last edited:
What a mess! anyways I'm not interested in booking the mystery premium package unless there is more to it, especially since I already booked my deminar and won't get a credit for that. The CM I spoke with said I would have to book a second demo, and the sad dessert party wasn't an option. Something seems really off! Is Disney really putting that much stock in their merch to make up the cost difference? i'm holding out hope that something spectacular and worthy of the 20th anniversary will be announced as the missing link to the package.

Thank you so much, that is just what I wanted to hear! The David Gremmels seminar is in fact the one that we booked. I felt a bit guilty about the splurge, but it does sound like a rare opportunity. Looking forward to it immensely! "Only" 101 days from today!
Yay! I booked that one too just on a whim - sounded a bit pricey but I thought I'd take a chance. Great to hear it's worth the $$

Now will someone tell me why I should cancel the dessert party? They sound good...

Yay! I booked that one too just on a whim - sounded a bit pricey but I thought I'd take a chance. Great to hear it's worth the $$

Now will someone tell me why I should cancel the dessert party? They sound good...

You will not be disappointed. Last time we went, David was not happy with the wines Disney had paired with his cheeses, so he was going to do some suggesting and selecting for future seminars. We missed him last year, so I don't know how it went, but looking forward to the experience this year. It will be great to see him again!

Did any one else book the Brews, Breakfast and more? It's in MDE but says 7:30 instead of 8:30? Everything says 8:30 and the CM said 8:30. Just don't want them to show up at the wrong time!

FWIW...We loved the dessert party when we did it in May. I'm not a big dessert person, but the view of Illuminations was great, the flowing champagne & prosecco were awesome and the desserts were adequate.

We booked it again in September :)

FWIW...We loved the dessert party when we did it in May. I'm not a big dessert person, but the view of Illuminations was great, the flowing champagne & prosecco were awesome and the desserts were adequate.

We booked it again in September :)

Glad to hear your review of the party. We have it booked for our Friday night (11/13) at Food&Wine abd are looking forward to it.

Well after two failed attempts today with CM's advising the Premium Package is not available for booking, I'm in. Not sure whether that's good or bad. I was first asked if I wanted the Premium Package with or without the culinary or beverage seminar. Huh? After re-reading her notes, CM advised the package is in under two different names, but it's the same package and includes either a culinary or a beverage seminar. I asked about Illuminations party and was put on hold. CM came back and clarified again the seminar is included, but said nothing about Illuminations. After booking, I asked when I schedule the seminar. She "thought" it was upon package pick-up at the Festival Center, but after another hold, she confirmed I could book in advance, but not today due to "magical" enhancements. I think that's Disney code for "our system blows." BUT, when she was getting that info, she was told the package DOES include Illuminations and whatever date you choose to schedule your package is actually the date you are scheduling the dessert party. They did offer to let me change my reservation at no fee (wasn't that generous?) because I wasn't given the correct info prior to booking. So for all the folks that booked without knowing about Illuminations, whatever date is on your reservation is "supposedly" your dessert party night. The VIP seating areas are open for the full Mon-Thurs of your scheduled week, however.

Oh, and I was also read the blurb about the package including the Late Nights Live party...which alone probably negates the accuracy of anything else I was told.

Well after two failed attempts today with CM's advising the Premium Package is not available for booking, I'm in. Not sure whether that's good or bad. I was first asked if I wanted the Premium Package with or without the culinary or beverage seminar. Huh? After re-reading her notes, CM advised the package is in under two different names, but it's the same package and includes either a culinary or a beverage seminar. I asked about Illuminations party and was put on hold. CM came back and clarified again the seminar is included, but said nothing about Illuminations. After booking, I asked when I schedule the seminar. She "thought" it was upon package pick-up at the Festival Center, but after another hold, she confirmed I could book in advance, but not today due to "magical" enhancements. I think that's Disney code for "our system blows." BUT, when she was getting that info, she was told the package DOES include Illuminations and whatever date you choose to schedule your package is actually the date you are scheduling the dessert party. They did offer to let me change my reservation at no fee (wasn't that generous?) because I wasn't given the correct info prior to booking. So for all the folks that booked without knowing about Illuminations, whatever date is on your reservation is "supposedly" your dessert party night. The VIP seating areas are open for the full Mon-Thurs of your scheduled week, however.

Oh, and I was also read the blurb about the package including the Late Nights Live party...which alone probably negates the accuracy of anything else I was told.
This would be comical if weren't for the fact it's costing us $200/per person. We should take bets on who gets the info that turns out to be closest to the actual reality of the premium pkg.

the package DOES include Illuminations and whatever date you choose to schedule your package is actually the date you are scheduling the dessert party.
I sort of suspected this since the 'Package' is valid Mon-Thur but when I asked about booking it, Monday was sold out, Tuesday was available. I scratched my head on that one until I thought about the Illuminations inclusion. So, inclusion of the Dessert Party and a deminar, makes this an good deal, in Disney dollars, if you want to try the Dessert Party. We tried it once, didn't care for it, but my mom is coming for the first time, so I got it with her in mind. My family will have no problem drinking enough champagne to make this a 'deal.' :teeth:

First off, a BIG thank you to everyone who has shared their booking experiences today! We have not been to F&W for almost ten years and everything has changed so much! Thanks to the great info here, plus a wonderful FEST telephone CM, I was able to reserve all the F&W events we wanted for our November trip. :thanks: :yay:

Has anyone tried the Cheese Seminar in the past? I couldn't resist anything to do with cheese :love:, but at over $80 per person, that had better be some pretty snazzy fromage!

We did it the first year when it was in Ariel's at Beach Club. While all of the cheeses were good (I believe 6 pieces), and the few garnishes (fresh fruit bites, breads, veggies) on the plate added color and interest, and the three wines were good with accompanying talks, we have not booked again. The first year the price was $75 and many of us felt it was overly expensive for what we got---but the quality was there. Many of the cheeses were those that we found at some of the PFTS in the early 2000s. The price has not gone up significantly in the 5-7 years since that first one (can't remember how many years exactly). Perhaps it is a better deal these days.

This would be comical if weren't for the fact it's costing us $200/per person. We should take bets on who gets the info that turns out to be closest to the actual reality of the premium pkg.
I think the CM's working today have a bet of their own going...who can come up with the most nonsensical description of a Mystery Package and yet still sell it. Then they all go to lunch on our dime and provide us with a brown paper bag with a bottle of Boone's Farm wine and an autographed note from Mickey that reads "SUCKER!" Oh well, I drank it 25 years ago. I guess I can drink it now.

Last edited:
After doing the Premium Package, last year, we decided it was a really, really nice way to do the festival. Our primary goal was to get access to the seating areas and runners.

Still waiting to hear exactly what I bought, though. LOL

After doing the Premium Package, last year, we decided it was a really, really nice way to do the festival. Our primary goal was to get access to the seating areas and runners.

Still waiting to hear exactly what I bought, though. LOL

Ditto! It sounds like we are getting the dessert party and a seminar. That will make this a good value for my travel party in my estimation.

The only day we could fit the F&W is our first full day, a Friday. I wouldn't mind getting someone to get our food from all the booths, but it didn't work out and we usually go in mid-Nov so we are going to be experiencing this for the first time.

Any idea if you can book the Eat to the Beat dining package on line? I can see the option, but it won't "complete the request."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter