EPCOT Food and Wine Festival, Sept. 25 - Nov 16 2015

I know how you feel. I have my eyes glued to this thread waiting to seem if there is an official announcement. I would hate for it to sell out on me but I would really like to know what I'm getting.

After experiencing an incident involving an emergency meeting of NATO in Brussels while there for an IEEE meeting, and having to open beer bottles on a train with the buckle on my travel bag, I never go anywhere without a bottle opener or a corkscrew Keep them in your suitcase. I just keep a swiss army knife that includes both in my suitcase--just make sure you check it. If you need to carry on, there is a device called a "two prong cork puller" that is suitable for transport as it is not pointy. It is also handy for recovering from a botched attempt using a corkscrew.

No need for that. If you are flying US domestic any corkscrew without a foil cutting knife can go in your carry on. I always have mine

Wow. I got the sampler this morning for 9/25. Shortly after the call, the sup I talked to Tuesday after getting different stories on it and being mad I was on hold for an hour for nothing, called me to tell me it was loaded and help me book it. I was very pleasantly surprised.

We called twice, got through immediately both times, no wait whatsoever about 15 mins ago. Basically, same as everyone else. Two calls, two completely different answers. First woman said it comes with the sampler package and the illuminations dessert party. She also said you have to be resort guest, and can book starting tomorrow, lol. Second guy did the reading from the screen thing, said 4 entitlements, gift bag with wine glass, special edition 20th anniversary wine, 11 vip areas around WS and FW. He didn't mention the magic band, and when we said, "does it also include a magic band?" He said, "hmm, I remember last year there was one, but I don't see it, but probably does".

Recalling last year, there was equal amount of confusion and conflicting info for about a week or two, then the Disney blog had to finally clarify all that was included. Some were being told one gift bag per room, some per guest, etc.

Just called one more time, this woman said not booking today, they were this morning but something happened, so now booking tomorrow, but the info is: and she listed the goody bag, vip areas, credentials for food/drinks, magic band, and choice of sparkling dessert party or food/beverage seminar. Take that as you will.

We loved it last year, will decide if it's worth it this year. Seems the overall total value was better deal last year, but hard to put a price on the special areas and runners. I also remember last year people speculated it would cost more this year because the value was too great last year. So basically, is an extra $100-ish worth the Vip areas.

I refuse to book the Mystery Premium Package based on the sketchy he said, she said info currently floating around. For those who have booked the unknown I really hope it lives up to your expectations. Until Disney puts something out there in writing I'll be sitting on the sidelines. I could almost justify booking it based on the first reports early this morning but all the latest info makes it so not worth it to me.

Some of the information is confirmed, in that the CM was reading it from the screen. It includes the four entitlements, a choice of culinary or beverage demo, the gift bag which includes wine and custom MagicBand, and the reserved areas with wait service.

I think the unknowns are whether it includes the dessert party and whether there is anything additional in the gift bag.

The reserved areas and wait service has a lot of value for me and my party, so that was more a deciding factor than any other item.

If it included the Sampler Package & The Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party I would say it's a similar value to last year and I would probably book it. No party & only 4 entitlements then I can't justify the cost. I've already spent the equivalent of 4 of these packages on other events not including any booth visits. If it sells out on me so be it.

I just got off the phone and booked a premium package and the CM told me I get a night in the Castleo_O:rolleyes1

jk

ROFL!

The way I see it is that the 'reserved' areas and the food runners will make this a peachy little addition to an amazing trip. If there are any neat extra little goodies, then it'll be a little sprinkling of pixie dust ;)

Last edited:
First off, a BIG thank you to everyone who has shared their booking experiences today! We have not been to F&W for almost ten years and everything has changed so much! Thanks to the great info here, plus a wonderful FEST telephone CM, I was able to reserve all the F&W events we wanted for our November trip. :thanks: :yay:

Has anyone tried the Cheese Seminar in the past? I couldn't resist anything to do with cheese :love:, but at over $80 per person, that had better be some pretty snazzy fromage!

Last edited:
Try linking the reservation to your MDX yourself. If it doesn't work you may have an issue. I booked 2 events, one showed up but not the other, however I was able to link the second event manually.

Got it, thanks!!

Well, I am a bone fide sucker because I just gave Disney over $600 for a package that has some gray areas about the details... and I am elated that I was able to do so! :sunny:

I got a FANTASTIC cast member just before 1:00 pm who guided me through the lengthy process getting set up for the premium package. She asked for my resort reservation number and I gave it to her, but I am thinking about cancelling that hotel reservation so I asked her if a resort reservation was required. She said yes -- disney hotel, S/D, or Golden Oak resident. I don't know if that's true and will be looking forward to the official company line on that one.

She found the availability (I gave her Monday of our stay) and then she wanted to go ahead and book my deminar/seminar. I asked her for clarification because if the Dessert Party is included we will want that instead (please don't flame me)! She said she thought she had read that it was included as well, checked the event description again, and then she told me she was going to get clarification. It sounded to me like she was doing an online chat but she reassured be the whole time that she had the availability for the package and wasn't releasing it and she was just getting booking details. Great experience there. We talked a bit about my experience this morning, she thanked me for being nice, and we went through the "fine print" while waiting on answers.

She came back and told me that the chat supervisor thingy told her to call guest relations for details on booking the included deminar (or possibly dessert party - this is where it got really gray) so I was on hold for a few. She came back and told me that guest relations told her to finish booking and I could call back later to select the date for the dessert party AND the deminar. So I don't know if that means we get both or it's an either/or. It seemed clear from my 9:00 call (versus 7:00 or 1:00 - HAHA) that it was an OR/OR/OR situation.

She did say that the included deminar will either be a 2pm beverage seminar or a 5 pm culinary demo Mon-Thurs of the week we booked, not just *any* deminar. I personally hope it is both a demo and the dessert party. That seems fair to me!

Either way, I am just thrilled to be getting the access to the premium areas. I know I sound like a broken record but this level of service was very important to my mom last year and I wanted to make sure we could nab it again when it became available. Happy to have it connected to MDE and behind me now!

Good luck to everyone else!pixiedust:

Well, I am a bone fide sucker because I just gave Disney over $600 for a package that has some gray areas about the details... and I am elated that I was able to do so! :sunny:

I got a FANTASTIC cast member just before 1:00 pm who guided me through the lengthy process getting set up for the premium package. She asked for my resort reservation number and I gave it to her, but I am thinking about cancelling that hotel reservation so I asked her if a resort reservation was required. She said yes -- disney hotel, S/D, or Golden Oak resident. I don't know if that's true and will be looking forward to the official company line on that one.

She found the availability (I gave her Monday of our stay) and then she wanted to go ahead and book my deminar/seminar. I asked her for clarification because if the Dessert Party is included we will want that instead (please don't flame me)! She said she thought she had read that it was included as well, checked the event description again, and then she told me she was going to get clarification. It sounded to me like she was doing an online chat but she reassured be the whole time that she had the availability for the package and wasn't releasing it and she was just getting booking details. Great experience there. We talked a bit about my experience this morning, she thanked me for being nice, and we went through the "fine print" while waiting on answers.

She came back and told me that the chat supervisor thingy told her to call guest relations for details on booking the included deminar (or possibly dessert party - this is where it got really gray) so I was on hold for a few. She came back and told me that guest relations told her to finish booking and I could call back later to select the date for the dessert party AND the deminar. So I don't know if that means we get both or it's an either/or. It seemed clear from my 9:00 call (versus 7:00 or 1:00 - HAHA) that it was an OR/OR/OR situation.

She did say that the included deminar will either be a 2pm beverage seminar or a 5 pm culinary demo Mon-Thurs of the week we booked, not just *any* deminar. I personally hope it is both a demo and the dessert party. That seems fair to me!

Either way, I am just thrilled to be getting the access to the premium areas. I know I sound like a broken record but this level of service was very important to my mom last year and I wanted to make sure we could nab it again when it became available. Happy to have it connected to MDE and behind me now!

Congratulations! I'm so glad you got what you wanted! You'll have a blast I'm sure!

I agree, the seating makes it worth it and I really enjoyed talking to the staff last year. They really made it worth it :-)

I've been following, but I've gotten a little lost with everyone booking. Is the offer for like, 8 entitlements that's like $60, is that something I need to call and book? And does that come with everything else?

There are two packages.

1) Discovery Sampler Package. Includes:
8 items from the World Showcase Marketplaces (may be some exclusions)
1 commemorative pin (apparently it's the same pin but comes in 3 different colors and you get a color choice)
1 "VIP" seating for the 6:45 Eat to the Beat concert
All of these must be used on the date for which you have purchased the package.
Price: $59 (plus tax)

2) Premium Package. Includes:
4 items from the World Showcase Marketplaces (exclusions unknown; also unknown if you must use them on one day)
1 goodie bag per guest (includes bag, special commemorative Magic Band, bottle of wine and wine glass)
1 admission to either a culinary or beverage seminar (unknown when you reserve these)
Use of special premium areas around WS on M-Th only, in the calendar week you purchase the package. Areas operate from 12-8 PM
Price: $199 (plus tax)

That's what we have on them so far. Because Disney didn't publish or release anything about the entitlements for the premium package, we're still not totally sure we have everything listed.

We are still not certain whether or not this package includes admission to an Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party. At this point it might or might not.

For 2014 the premium entitlements were:
$50 Disney F&W festival gift card
1 goodie bag per guest (included bag, special Magic Band, bottle of wine, wine glass, chocolates and corkscrew)
1 admission to Late Night Live (they would refund this portion if your Late Night Live was cancelled or you could switch to a different Late Night Live)
Use of special premium areas around WS on M-Th only. If your stay was 2 calendar weeks you could have asked for another week's credentials.

And it was tied to a Disney resort reservation, so you had to have one to book. This year anyone can book it (beware though: some are being told that you DO need a resort reservation)

Big differences are 4 kiosk entitlements instead of the $50 gift card, fewer items in the bag, and a deminar instead of Late Night Live. Of course the deminar is $15 whereas the Late Night Live cost something like $75.

Last edited:
ROFL!

The way I see it is that the 'reserved' areas and the food runners will make this a peachy little addition to an amazing trip. If there are any neat extra little goodies, then it'll be a little sprinkling of pixie dust ;)

I agree! The big part that I care about it the reserved areas and CM's getting my food for me. I want to be waited on and I'm willing to pay the price for it. LOL

That's one of the reasons I'm not a buffet fan - I want someone to bring me my food, not me getting up, standing in line, serving myself from an area that many other guests have already touched.

I really would like to get the special pin though so I'm hoping the sampler stuff will be included when it all shakes out. If not, I guess I'll have to keep an eye out for one on ebay if that happens. I decided against getting the Sampler package too although I was initially tempted. :)

Has anyone tried the Cheese Seminar in the past? I couldn't resist anything to do with cheese :love:, but at over $80 per person, that had better be some pretty snazzy fromage!
So worth it! It does include some really 'snazzy' cheeses. I love stinky cheese. Wines are usually good too. Our trip happens to coincide with the David Gremmels cheese seminar; he is the owner/cheesemonger for Rogue Valley Creamery. Wonderful cheeses and terrific presentation! My highest recommendation!

Nice summary TDCNala, thanks. Yes, there are fewer things in the goody bag, but I personally didn't even eat a single chocolate, let alone the chocolate box. I sort of agree with a couple other posters-the bigger deal to me was the seating areas. I feel like, if I didn't get the package this year, and my friends and I stood in the lines, then tried to find an open trash can or high top table to crowd around (if we could even find one), that we would say to ourselves, "now WHY didn't we get the package this year?" as we looked at the people roped off with free tables and some seating in some areas. So we will probably get it as well again just for that reason

attempted another call to check Premium Package availability. am i a glutton for punishment or WHAT? omg. so this CM knew about the package but none of the details. right off the bat i asked if the illuminations/deminar were included. she said no, just the gift bag & the seating areas. wow. then she tells me that deminars are included in the "other premium package". oh, there's more than one? yes, there's more than one. one includes the deminar & one does not. Oh ok, what's the price difference? it's the same price. huh? it's the same price for either package when one includes a deminar & one does NOT. that's weird. hold on please. :confused:

then she proceeds to read some blurb about the premium package: gift bag, access to areas where runners will bring your food, ILLUMINATIONS PARTY AND choice of culinary or beverage seminar. :confused3 but of course she was unable to book this either. *sigh* i'll have to call back again from work.

i think i'm just enjoying making the CMs learn *** they're talking about. READ the info given to you before answering off the cuff. maybe i'll eventually get a CM who knows what's really going on...

Speaking of CM misinformation (new title for this thread?)...

In the three recent calls I have made to Disney, the CM's have quoted the proper allowable time for Disney transportation to events as 1.5 hours, 1 hour, and just now, 30 minutes. :joker: :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter