Epcot during Food & Wine?

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
Our trip is Sept 12-17th. We initially did not plan to do Epcot but I'm afraid we'll regret not going. However, someone made a comment about always avoiding Epcot during F&W because it is so packed? Has this been your experience?

It has only been my experience on Saturday or Sunday. Even at that, it's manageable. But, I will say that if I can avoid the weekends, I do. It's a terrific event and fun to experience food/ culture of each country represented. I love F&W !

The World Showcase will be packed in Friday night too. If you do end you going on Friday, do the WS in the day (it opens at 11) then the front of the park in the evening.

We went last year in October. It did get crowded, but we found it worth it to try the foods (and drinks)! The crowds didn’t really get too thick until mid-afternoon. Also, everyone was in the WS area, so we were able to pretty much walk on to rides in Future World.

Love food and wine and have been going every year for many years. I avoid Friday night and all of Saturday if at all possible. I don't usually find Sunday as bad, but the weekdays are my preference.

Our trip is Sept 12-17th. We initially did not plan to do Epcot but I'm afraid we'll regret not going. However, someone made a comment about always avoiding Epcot during F&W because it is so packed? Has this been your experience?
No. It is incredible. Avoid Friday night and Saturday, but other than that don’t miss it

As others are saying, avoid Friday night and Saturday if you don't like massive crowds. The World Showcase is wall to wall people.

DH and I stay on site several days just for Food and Wine. However, we always attend on weekdays and we are ready to start visiting the food huts when they open at 11:00 a.m. Food and Wine has been one of our favorite WDW happenings for many years and especially now that the Osborne Lights are gone.

Yep, weekdays and an early start is your best bet. The food booths open at 11am so enjoy a semi empty stroll around WS until around 4pm then I leave

Depending on your flight time, it might be a nice treat for arrival day.

While we loved food and wine the one time we went, we will never do it again. It was too crowded (for us), too expensive (luckily we had free dining and $300 in giftcards that allowed us to try every dish from every booth), and just too much to try to fit in (we did two full days at Epcot, both weekdays). I've always loved Epcot, so my biggest problem with food and wine was I couldn't experience Epcot as just Epcot. We were too focused on the festival and didn't have time to enjoy the countries like I usually do.

$300 in giftcards that allowed us to try every dish from every booth

This is the third time I've recently seen someone mention giftcards in conjunction with the F&W Fest. Are you able to use actual physical gift cards at the booths?

This is the third time I've recently seen someone mention giftcards in conjunction with the F&W Fest. Are you able to use actual physical gift cards at the booths?
Yes you can. You can use regular gift cards and they also have mini gift cards that you can wear around your wrist. These gift cards are rechargeable and is really convenient to use since you won't have to go into your purse or wallet to grab them

We went in mid October and it was fine. No FPS available ahead of time but we walked on Soarin’ twice as well as Test Track. Most kids are back in school by the middle of September.

We have been several times and avoid weekends. Early afternoon during the week works for us.

We go to Epcot specifically for F&W and F&G and we love it. However I would agree with the others that weekends get really busy and crowded especially as the evening wears on.

If you can go during the week during the day, absolutely do it! DD16 and I went in 2017 and it was amazing! It's nice to get little samplings of food, I even got her to try some stuff she'd never try in a restaurant. So much good stuff!

Yes you can. You can use regular gift cards and they also have mini gift cards that you can wear around your wrist. These gift cards are rechargeable and is really convenient to use since you won't have to go into your purse or wallet to grab them

Thank you very much!

We love the atmosphere at food and wine. It is crowded but not crazy- even on nights and weekends (I know this is not a popular opinion).

We went last fall for two trips with twin four year olds and a 9-10 month old during food and wine. We stayed at the beach club, as such we spent most nights at food and wine. Kids loved trying all the foods and it was all in all just a great experience. Have also gone when kids were much younger. I would never go to Disney during F&w and avoid it because of crowds.

All that being said you need to be patient as some food stands will have long lines. Otherwise it’s just Disney- some people are rude and inconsiderate- but that’s the case anywhere at any time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter