Enough time at DHS Sci-Fi??

FunkyDuckToo

My DISNEY HEART belongs to DONALD!!
I have a 6:10pm reservation for 7 people at Sci-Fi. Is that too late a ressie to eat and line up for Fantasmic?? Or should I go with an earlier time of 3:50pm? That seems so early for dinner but I guess if you are in the park from rope drop...dinner at 3:50pm might be just right...thoughts? TIA! :)

Last edited:
What time is Fantasmic?

I've almost always had to wait a small amount of time to be seated at Sci-Fi. I would plan on a minimum of an hour to eat, then at least 1/2 hour to walk from there into the amphitheater for Fantasmic.

What time is Fantasmic?

I've almost always had to wait a small amount of time to be seated at Sci-Fi. I would plan on a minimum of an hour to eat, then at least 1/2 hour to walk from there into the amphitheater for Fantasmic.
Fantasmic is 8pm. I am thinking as well that it will be cutting it much too close for good seats at Fantasmic. Thank you so much for your reply.

We have almost always waited 15 minutes or so for dinner at Sci-Fi. Figure about 60 minutes depending on if you do appetizers or dessert, could be longer. Also a party of 7 could take longer. Your 6:10 ADR could be getting out about 7:30. While doable, I think you would be pushing it to get a good seat. I would try and move to an earlier time if possible.
The line for Fantasmic often starts lining up 60 minutes before.

We have almost always waited 15 minutes or so for dinner at Sci-Fi. Figure about 60 minutes depending on if you do appetizers or dessert, could be longer. Also a party of 7 could take longer. Your 6:10 ADR could be getting out about 7:30. While doable, I think you would be pushing it to get a good seat. I would try and move to an earlier time if possible.
The line for Fantasmic often starts lining up 60 minutes before.
I really thought the same thing...but I guess was hoping that I could be convinced otherwise...LOL. ;) Thank you so much for your reply!! :)

We have always had to wait at Sci-Fi Dine In to be seated and the food doesn't seem to come out too quickly. We don't mind because we are usually soaking up the AC!

I would try to get a different time so you can make Fantasmic!

The last time we tried to do Sci-Fi and then Fantasmic was a nightmare in 2016. . My parents were with us and had not been to parks in 20 years. It was our first park day, I think I had a 7 o'clock reservation. We had to wait at least 30 minutes after 7 until we were seated. It was a mess. We missed Fantasmic. I love the atmosphere there and the food is ok, but we haven't been back recently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter