Engagament Ring Photo Challenge

Sarah <3 Disney

DIS Veteran
Now, I know many people have posted their engagement rings in the planning journals and what not... but they always seem to take shots with their rings on their hands. While nice and all, I recently saw an online tutorial from Weddingbee.com (a wedding blog I frequent) made by a professional photographer. In it, she describes how to take awesome ring pictures (using different backgrounds, etc), without the blurriness!

Now... I would love to do this myself, but I am not engaged! :rotfl: So, I am asking you girls to indulge me (hopefully). The tutorial can be found here:

http://www.weddingbeepro.com/2008/12/08/how-to-take-amazing-engagement-and-wedding-ring-photos/

And some sample pictures to hopefully get the creative juices flowing:
b179428546.jpg

b178804219.jpg

b178394768.jpg

b179437784.jpg

And look, a Disney one :goodvibes:
b179437743.jpg

All photos were taken from Weddingbee.com.

So, if you feel inspired, hopefully you will share the awesome shots you take of your rings and post them here! :) And I promise, I will contribute once I get one! :lmao:

Here are mine..I have posted them in my TR..but will again:
2la7b80.jpg

This is one I did when we came home...not a great shot as I was experimenting with my new SLR
zlybys.jpg

Hmm, and I could have sworn I read your TR! :rotfl: Maybe I just forgot those pics, but awesome ones anyway! :D

But you must agree, most are just hand pics. ;)

I guess I should add, these should be photos YOU take, not your photographer. ;) Be good like Betsy!

Thanks!

I took a bunch when I came home because I didn't have a normal photographer on the ship..here is another..hahah
2cd8zna.jpg

Sony A200..I love it and we got it as an open box, so it was very cheap

Jealous, I have to wait until I get closer to graduating to get an awesome camera. Brother is buying! :goodvibes So nice! Hehe. I keep bugging him to make it an early gift though! :rotfl:

Let it be said I don't have an artistic bone in my bod. With that caveat I present Meg's Ring.

CIMG1707.jpg

CIMG1708.jpg

Now ignore the tape I used to hold it up! LOL! :rotfl:

I repurposed my Yoga mat. :lmao: I tried - I get credit right? LOL

Here is mine just before I received it. It's in a lovely treasure box at Discovery Cove:

M091608_00_2134.jpg

I took this in a cafe a couple of weeks ago... Doesn't really show off my ring too well though!

Barnsley325.jpg

The below pic is just to show y'all what it actually looks like!

Barnsley326.jpg

Bob xoxoxox

I repurposed my Yoga mat. :lmao: I tried - I get credit right? LOL

Whatever works! :thumbsup2

I can't take credit for any of these...ALL the ROOTS! But, it gives you some ideas!
0836.jpg

I am loving this one! :goodvibes

Here is mine just before I received it. It's in a lovely treasure box at Discovery Cove:

Love the colors in this shot. Very nice! :)

I took this in a cafe a couple of weeks ago... Doesn't really show off my ring too well though!

Barnsley325.jpg

What is the ring hanging off of in this pic? I can't figure it out! :rotfl:

Its hanging off a table number doodad thing.... :goodvibes

Bob xoxoxox

Wow! That was sooo much fun! Thanks so much for posting that link! I got a little carried away.... here are my shots! (by the way... for my camera, I found that I didnt like using the "macro setting" )

P1040331.jpg

P1040355.jpg

P1040360.jpg

P1040365.jpg

P1040367.jpg

Here is the matching necklace that he gave me to "throw me off" when he proposed.
P1040375.jpg

Those are some awesome shots! I loooooove the starfish! Nice job! :thumbsup2

And look, now you all have some pics to scrapbook with or something! :rotfl:

Although not just a picture of the ring, this is how it was presented to me when DF proposed. Will work on getting better pictures when we have our wedding bands.

Nevermind. I thought I could get it to resize so the picture isn't huge and its just not working for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter