EMM in the Dec Dark, Young Kids, MVMCP, a Birthday?

TigerlilyAJ

DIS Veteran
My family of six, with four kids 2-11yo, will be at WDW in Dec with one shot for each of the EMMs. Sunrise is around 7:30am according to an online almanac, so we would wake up, get ready, and travel to the parks to enter at dawn. I have to wonder if they'll need to have the nighttime lights on in the park and on the rides!
Price with tax: $350 for each EMM
We are on the DDP, so it might free up some credits to have those breakfasts.
Tuesday, Dec 13, is our one MK EMM--but it is also the date of our MVMCP! Even if we go back for a nap (which we will regardless), is that too much for one day?
The MK interest i to enjoy that park empty, letting DH get nice photos. The ride line up is OK, but not thrilling.

Saturday, Dec 17, is our one DHS EMM--but it is also DS3's birthday! I had planned to do MK that day, but changing it is not a big deal. Less changeable is the Kitchen Sink we will enjoy at Beaches & Cream that afternoon. Currently I have Pirates & Pals for that night, but was thinking about changing it to Fri, Dec 16. But there is no way we could be out to 11pm on Friday and be up for EMM Sat.
The HS interest is in TSMM and the M&Gs.

Thoughts? Recommendations? What am I forgetting to consider? Is it just not worth the dark wake-up fuss for kids with other big plan those days? Better ways to spend $700? ;-)

There is no way I would do MK EMM and MVMCP on the same day. If you are only going to EMM for an empty park and photos, I would suggest do a PPO breakfast in MK on another day instead. BOG would be your cheapest bet and you don't all have to order a meal if you don't want to.

And yes, there is no way I would do Pirates and Pals on Friday and then DHS EMM the next day. I think you need to choose one or the other. My choice would be Pirates and Pals.

Ok, this is all news to me. Where do you find all this information and, please, what do "EMM" and "PPO" mean, I am drawing a blank

:thanks:

@Googelibear
PPO Pre-Park Opening, refers to dining reservations (ADR) at park restaurants before Rope Drop (RD). So an 8:10am ADR at Crystal Palace can let you walk through MK on your way to the restaurant in a park that is mostly empty. It also means that you've had a good breakfast and are already in the park all by RD.
EMM (Early Morning Magic--not to be confused with EMH, Extra Magic Hour) is a relatively new offering for 2016 where you can enter the park an hour early and ride 3-4 rides in Fantasyland and enjoy a buffet breakfast. At DHS, you get a couple of rides and Meet & Greets with Buzz & Woody together and Olaf, plus breakfast (and perhaps an early sign up for JTA). $69 adults, $59 kids at either park.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/early-morning-magic/
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-studios/morning-magic/

I would not do EMM and MVMCP on the same day. We were there about the same week last year and had a PPO at Crystal Palace on a party day. The restaurant was nearly empty for our entire meal and we got some great pics in front of the castle. Crowds were very light, but it was a Tuesday morning on a party day, so keep that in mind.

I just think it's a bad idea, because you can't count on everyone napping and then you set yourself up for a bunch of grumpy attitudes for the party. We slept in until 10:30 our party day and we were still dragging by 11:30pm.

Yeah, I think my toddler DD would *love* to ride Winnie 10x in a row, but MK holds little appeal for me personally in its current incarnation with no promised M&Gs and only three rides, none of which I want to ride multiple times.
However, my DH is a semi-professional photographer, so a couple of minutes snapping pics on the way to Crystal Palace for breakfast is not enough. Is MK like DLR, with CMs gently hurrying you along to your PPO ADR, not letting people linger too long in the beautiful emptiness?

I'm more interested in DHS, because we could get M&Gs out of the way, including one (Olaf) where half the kids (and their Duffy bear) will be in costume. I'd love to shove the costumes in a bag or locker for the rest of the day, having gotten that out of the way first thing, have JTA sign-up done, and ride TSMM multiple times. But as mentioned above, I can't guarantee they'll rest so they can do Pirates & Pals and stay happy. (We're a Neverland household, so P&P is non-negotiable.)

@Googelibear
PPO Pre-Park Opening, refers to dining reservations (ADR) at park restaurants before Rope Drop (RD). So an 8:10am ADR at Crystal Palace can let you walk through MK on your way to the restaurant in a park that is mostly empty. It also means that you've had a good breakfast and are already in the park all by RD.
EMM (Early Morning Magic--not to be confused with EMH, Extra Magic Hour) is a relatively new offering for 2016 where you can enter the park an hour early and ride 3-4 rides in Fantasyland and enjoy a buffet breakfast. At DHS, you get a couple of rides and Meet & Greets with Buzz & Woody together and Olaf, plus breakfast (and perhaps an early sign up for JTA). $69 adults, $59 kids at either park.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/early-morning-magic/
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-studios/morning-magic/
Thanks for all of that, Tigerlily. I just needed to know what abbreviations mean.

Thanks to everyone (including people on other EMM threads) for all the input and thoughts. I went insane today and booked both EMMs.
Dec 13: MK EMM, then back to resort for good rest, then back to MK for dinner and MVMCP
Dec 17: DHS EMM, back to resort for rest, then Pirate & Pals
The MK day seems easier if only for having less travel time from the cabins at FW.
We're so excited. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter