EMM and then AK Question

stobaugh6

Mouseketeer
My DD and I want to do EMM at MK, but the only day available for our September trip is on our AK day. We already have a FP scheduled that morning for FOP at 10:05-11:05. Would we have time to get to AK and make our FOP FP after EMM if we leave MK around 9:30? This is a short trip for us and we only have 3 park days plus MNSSHP one night. DD and I love MK and would spend all three days there, but DH and DS love the other parks. Lol! We have park hopper passes. Thanks!

Edited to add...DD and I are not breakfast eaters and are totally fine skipping the included breakfast.

I wouldn't do emm if you're skipping breakfast and leaving it early. But yes you could make it to AK in time for your FP if you leave at 9:30.

Preferably if you're driving yourself so you don't have to wait on a bus

Funny... We are doing something similar on 8/27. That is our AK day, but I could not resist doing another EMM. And funny enough, but we have FOP fast passes 9:45-10:45 that I do not want to miss. My plan is to use the express bus. One departs MK to AK right at 10am (that is the first bus). Given that it enters AK near Dawa Bar (and no need to do security, etc), I think we'll make the 10:45 FPs (assuming 10:30 arrival at Dawa Bar). I hope!

And our trip sounds very similar... we are going 3 nights in August for the halloween party... but I just can't resist EMM, even when it falls on our AK day and our first visit to Pandora. Personally, I think EMM is worth it even without doing the breakfast. It's a great event.

Remember you also have the grace period on the end of your FP window, which is 10 or 15 mins (search this to confirm). Seems like you'll have plenty of time to me.

Funny... We are doing something similar on 8/27. That is our AK day, but I could not resist doing another EMM. And funny enough, but we have FOP fast passes 9:45-10:45 that I do not want to miss. My plan is to use the express bus. One departs MK to AK right at 10am (that is the first bus). Given that it enters AK near Dawa Bar (and no need to do security, etc), I think we'll make the 10:45 FPs (assuming 10:30 arrival at Dawa Bar). I hope!

And our trip sounds very similar... we are going 3 nights in August for the halloween party... but I just can't resist EMM, even when it falls on our AK day and our first visit to Pandora. Personally, I think EMM is worth it even without doing the breakfast. It's a great event.

If you do the 10 a.m. express bus you would also have time to do some Tomorrow Land attractions after rope drop since the pick up is right by Buzz.

If you do the 10 a.m. express bus you would also have time to do some Tomorrow Land attractions after rope drop since the pick up is right by Buzz.

I figured we would eat breakfast at 9 and hopefully have time for something before the express bus. If so, bonus. Or maybe do a non-EMM ride at 9 and eat after it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter