• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Emails coming with no message

I have been getting the same for several days and now am having a bunch of junk mail and spam showing up even though I never opened a single unknown sender email. This is not good! :headache:

My junk mail folder has all of a sudden exploded with spam (I usually don't get more than a few per week, and this morning I saw that I had gotten 60 since yesterday), and now that I think about it, it did start at about the same time I started getting blank e-mails from disboards, which was a few days ago. I've blocked all the extensions they came from, but I agree - not good!

This is getting really frustrating. So the DIS webmaster hasn't even addressed the fact that any of these threads exist? I'm still getting tons of these blank emails.

At least let us know you realize there is an issue and it's being worked on?

Agreed - I sent an email as well but haven't heard anything. I understand the WM can't reply to each email, but an announcement on the forums regarding it and what is being done to fix it would be nice.

To any moderators/admins/TS people who see this, can you please get a hold of your webmaster? This is causing a lot of spam.

I suppose another option would be to update your DIS account email address to a "junk one" just so your main account isn't getting hit every hour.

That would have been before...
Were you getting your regular(non-blank) emails also or just blanks?

I've been getting both. Jus random blank ones. several a day. So hopefully it's changed now! :goodvibes

Hi Alex - thanks for looking into this.

To answer your question (I think), I have been getting regular subscription emails, but really sporadically. I will receive 3 at once for the same thread, then none for other threads that I'm subscribed to that has had activity. Along with the blank emails, but haven't had one of those since I posted a bit ago.

Thanks again!

I haven't received one now for 15 hours :cool1: (and I was getting at least one an hour for the last few days)

Thank you for fixing the problem Alex :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter