• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Emails coming with no message

I'm having this problem too.. I think they are being send instead of an email notification in some cases (as a thread will have been updated but I will just get the blank email).

Strange..

I looked this up online and it's spam where a spammer has managed to hack in the DIS user list. If you open any of the e-mails then they know it's an active account and will sell your e-mail address to other spammers. :(

I have received at least 10 as well. This happened another time a few months ago. I sent an e-mail through the contact us option and never heard from anyone. I came here hoping to find an answer.

I'm thinking I might just turn email notifications off, as the majority coming through to gmail are the blank ones. Strange!

Sounds to me like the recent "upgrade" to the boards (I remember it being down for a couple hours this week during the day) resulted in a problem talking to gmail.com and other mail servers. The "QUIT" being seen in a message tells me the SMTP chat is having problems.

I've got my own server, and no problem seen yet.

I am getting really frustrated by this! Every time I check my email, I have at least 5 of these. They are 100% blank! Says they come from boards@disboards.com......No subject and nothing in the email. I am on Hotmail. What if we all message a Mod? Ive tried already and heard nothing back so far! Maybe if we all do, they can figure out what is happening!

I've been getting about one a hour over the last couple of days. Have only just worked out they are coming from Disboards. I have had 10 in the last 12 hours.

Hate to say it butt msy ne nest to blacklist aka block the dis email address until they they get this fixed.

Hate to say it butt msy ne nest to blacklist aka block the dis email address until they they get this fixed.

??? Your post doesn't make snese?

Sounds to me like the recent "upgrade" to the boards (I remember it being down for a couple hours this week during the day) resulted in a problem talking to gmail.com and other mail servers. The "QUIT" being seen in a message tells me the SMTP chat is having problems.

I've got my own server, and no problem seen yet.

This hapens to me almost eveyrtime they do an upgrade. Either that or no emails at all. I was wondering if they did an upgrade or not.

I have been getting the same for several days and now am having a bunch of junk mail and spam showing up even though I never opened a single unknown sender email. This is not good! :headache:

??? Your post doesn't make snese?

This hapens to me almost eveyrtime they do an upgrade. Either that or no emails at all. I was wondering if they did an upgrade or not.

Wow, sorry about that. I was posting that from my phone late last night and didn't notice that its "auto correct" went crazy. :)

What I was saying is that it may be wise to blacklist (aka: block) the DIS email address that the spam is coming from until they get this resolved. That way, you won't be bombarded with new emails every hour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter