Elf - Goodquest is up! 12/11

I got to 30 houses. Does anyone know if anything special happens at 40 houses?

Its also a computer issue for me. The game barely runs on my computer (even with clearing cache). Things like - it freezes for a sec, then 'catches up', so timing running through the bugs can be a problem. I click the arrow for him to move, nothing happens, click again he runs 5 spaces and falls off (though sometimes he will move just the one space i wanted). And yes, this is a problem in all the mini games, in the other on line games with arcade games as the only way to earn what passes as money will keep me on the poor side in all the games, lol.

ah that stinks! Have you tried firefox? I have always found games to run a little faster on firefox than in IE. Think it might be a little less memory footprint.

I got to 30 houses. Does anyone know if anything special happens at 40 houses?

Woah!

No prizes for house 40 or 50.

DOUBLE WOAH!

No prizes for house 40 or 50.

Seriously boy, how can you stand to do that many houses? I got really bored and over it after about 15 houses. If they really want us to make a lot of house, I think they should change it up a bit after so many made.

Seriously boy, how can you stand to do that many houses? I got really bored and over it after about 15 houses. If they really want us to make a lot of house, I think they should change it up a bit after so many made.

I agree, just trying to do some good. I set a personal goal to get 100 houses done, 1% of the total needed. It has been pretty tedious going, not to mention that I'm now dreaming about building houses, that can't be good. Add that with the disappearance of incentives (read: prizes) and this Good Quest is starting to look not so good, but I'll forge on for the time being. And just to add, no prize at 60.

I agree, just trying to do some good. I set a personal goal to get 100 houses done, 1% of the total needed. It has been pretty tedious going, not to mention that I'm now dreaming about building houses, that can't be good. Add that with the disappearance of incentives (read: prizes) and this Good Quest is starting to look not so good, but I'll forge on for the time being. And just to add, no prize at 60.
Wow! That is some serious house building! I bet there isn't prizes at that level because it never occurred to them someone would do that many personally, LOL!

I'm now dreaming about building houses, that can't be good.

That's sad, Matty, that's really sad... LOL!

I do have to say though that I admire your making a goal and following through on fulfilling it. Way to go!

I personally haven't tried to build a house. After reading a few of the posts here from some frustrated players, I know this is definitely not for me. I am just not coordinated to do these arcade-type games... just not a gamer... never have been, LOL. I much prefer to buy new clothes, furniture, build rooms, and socialize :teeth:

So far, Elf just isn't doing it for me. But I'm glad you all are enjoying it. :hug:

So far, Elf just isn't doing it for me. But I'm glad you all are enjoying it. :hug:

Actually none of them are doing it for me. Can't get into Wizards, Elf Island, SW (since it went live), etc. Sigh....................

I know alot of you are frustrated with Elf Island (princess princess: is too) but please be patient. Remember this is beta and they are really interested in knowing what we want so email them and tell them!

Since princess has been playing so many games it's been very frustrating for me to figure out these computer issues. :surfweb: (I know very little about computer stuff) Princess has 2 computers that she can use- a Mac & an HP laptops. Elf Island (and VFK) does not work very well at all on her PC but Pixie Hollow works the best on it. It's like night and day. We get lots of freezing and lag on her PC when playing EI (& VFK). When Elf first opened I had to hook her up to our big main desktop Mac and she was not happy at all but that was the only place it would work. But now for some reason her laptop works great as long as we clear the history and all before going in. However, there are some days and at different times we have issues with it too. :confused3

As far as the GoodQuest and the games go, princess is not a gamer (arcade type) and she has alot of difficulty with games requiring the use of the arrow keys or any keystrokes at all. EI is aware of this and they are in the process of making the GoodQuest function with the mouse as well, so hopefully this will help some of you too. It takes some patience and getting used to at first to move the giant along the path but they give you more chances and some of the paths are indeed easier than others. I move slowly one space at a time (or just go off the path instantly if i can't do that one) and have had plenty of time to get through the path. princess was hoping that the house building quest would have been more interactive with having to find the pieces around the island and then actually building the house itself by dragging the pieces in place. The different options/choices for floor,walls etc is really neat and it's really cool to see the animation of those pieces in the end. Would be neat if there were more choices maybe after building so many houses to keep it a little more interesting for those of you building 20 plus houses! Congrats :woohoo: to all those who are able to build more than one plus house! I think a few questions on building, Habitat for Humanity or Honduras might have been an interesting twist and learning experience as well. Most of us refused to do quests on VMK that involved minigames right????

My personal thoughts on EI are that it's going to be difficult for children to spend the amount of time required on these quests and games to be successful. 10,000 houses to build in 30 days is alot, especially if no one is paying to play!

Here is a list of prizes for those of you who are wondering what you get and where you get it.

1st (500 Coins)
• 2nd (500 Coins)
• 3rd (500 Coins)
• 4th (500 Coins)
• 5th (800 Coins)
• 6th (800 Coins)
• 7th (800 Coins)
• 8th (800 Coins)
• 9th (800 Coins)
• 10th (800 Coins)
• 11th (1,000 Coins)
• 12th (1,000 Coins)
• 13th (1,000 Coins)
• 14th (1,000 Coins)
• 15th (1,000 Coins)
• 16th (1,000 Coins)
• 17th (1,000 Coins)
• 18th (1,000 Coins)
• 19th (1,000 Coins)
• 20th (Unknown Coins OR the Painted Caoba Box)
• 21st (1,500 Coins)
• 22nd (1,500 Coins)
• 23rd (1,500 Coins)
• 24th (1,500 Coins)
• 25th (1,500 Coins)
• 26th (1,500 Coins)
• 27th (1,500 Coins)
• 28th (1,500 Coins)
• 29th (1,500 Coins)
• 30th (Unknown Coins OR the Model Home)
• 31st (2,000 Coins)
• 32nd (2,000 Coins)
• 33rd (2,000 Coins)
• 34th (2,000 Coins)
• 35th (2,000 Coins)
• 36th (2,000 Coins)
• 37th (2,000 Coins)
• 38th (2,000 Coins)
• 39th (2,000 Coins)
• 40th (2,000 Coins)
• 41st (2,000 Coins)
• 42nd (2,000 Coins)
• 43rd (2,000 Coins)
• 44th (2,000 Coins)
• 45th (2,000 Coins)
• 46th (2,000 Coins)
• 47th (2,000 Coins)
• 48th (2,000 Coins)
• 49th (2,000 Coins)
• 50th (2,000 Coins)
• 51st (2,000 Coins)
• 52nd (2,000 Coins)
• 53rd (2,000 Coins)
• 54th (2,000 Coins)
• 55th (2,000 Coins)
• 56th (2,000 Coins)
• 57th (2,000 Coins)
• 58th (2,000 Coins)
• 59th (2,000 Coins)
• 60th (2,000 Coins)

Credit to elfislandforums.com

Thanks for the update mir4mad. Yes that is my issue using the key strokes. I can not move the keys very well in short steps. The more a try the more I tense up and land it the water:rotfl: I figure that maybe elf is just not for me. Since I do very badly on arcade games. I figured I was at the easiest when it kept showing up more and more rofl. And my hand gets tired it actually takes more strength to click the keys than use the mouse. I guess because I compensate with my shoulder and upper arm.

So unless these quest improve I can not see myself enjoying this game.

I finished my 75th house last night. When I logged in this morning, I had a message from MOD-Dove, who had placed a new prize in my inventory. It was a Digital Frame, "This frame will display pictures of Honduras to remind you of all your hard work building houses." Unfortunately, Coins dropped back down to 1500 starting with the 76th house.

Well it took me an hour but I built my first house. :thumbsup2 I have now accomplished 4 houses in 3 hours :rotfl: . Though I am proud I did it. Still not keen on these good quests. I would not pay money to torture myself.

Oh what motivated me I guess if I ever find the key I want to be on Santa's good list. Since it seems to be connected on if you have done the good quests.

Real issue for me after I played long enough is the left and right and down buttons on the keyboard. I would go the wrong way, or to far even when I let go because reflexs are slow.

To speed up time I know the ones I absolutely can not do so I just walk off the path. Saves aggravation that way.

To speed up time I know the ones I absolutely can not do so I just walk off the path. Saves aggravation that way.

definitely a good strategy! If you struggle with the mini game, walk off the path 3 times and see if you get an easier path to walk :thumbsup2

Well it took me an hour but I built my first house. :thumbsup2 I have now accomplished 4 houses in 3 hours :rotfl: . Though I am proud I did it.

Woot! Way to go! You've out done me, I've given up, for the moment, at 1 &1/2, lol. And by chance, I did find the santa key and I was "Sunny side up" on the scale, so if it is connected to the good quest, one is enough.

Well, I have built 30+ virtual houses and I see the goal of 10,000 has been achieved. Woot, Woot for everyone who took the time to help!!!

But I am confused, did we build one house or 4? The CNN news piece said that 4 real homes will be built if 10,000 virtual homes are completed. The message I received in game said that "a" home would be built. Just wondering, and any home that is built for someone in need is wonderful.

Not sure goofer. It was supposed to be 1 house per 10,000 virtual I had thought. I guess we will wait and see :)

:woohoo: Congratulations to everyone who helped make EI first good quest obtain it's goal. Thank you EI for taking it to the next level and following through with building another house in Honduras. :woohoo:

Yesterday I finished building my second house but when I logged on today they said I had to pick the decorations again. Well I played that game that I am terrible at but it did not allow me to select decorations. Rather it gave me the windmill I had finished with yesterday. So I finished the same house for the second time and started a third. Once again the game did not accept my winning for building the floor...ARG!!! How ar eppl building so many houses with these bugs?

:tinker: :tinker: :tinker:

Beejr i never saw anything like that, I would definitely recommend you writing support on that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter