• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

eggs in micro?

leanne11

<font color=green>Always remember to use the net t
we only have a studio and the kids are wondering about eggs for the morning, has anyone made eggs in the small micowave, any other brkfst ideas you've tried out.. sounds silly...i know...

Scrambled eggs are very easy to make in the microwave. You will need a 4 cup measure and mix an egg plus the milk in that and put it right in the microwave. Best scrambled eggs around and very easy!

I have to agree! We have made some fabulous scrambled eggs in the microwave. If you make eggs, make sure you always break the yolk, I was told once that an unbroken yolk can explode in the microwave. Maybe it is not true, but I never wanted to find out and have a huge mess to clean up!

We bought a microwave "omelette" pan at Walmart. We leave it in with all our trip supplies. It works alright, but it seems the eggs usually stick and we end up with scrambles anyway!

Have a great trip!

I make eggs every morning in my microwave, and it is true, if the yolk is not properly broken up, it will explode and 1/2 of your egg will end up on the roof of the inside of the microwave! If you put a little bit of cheese on it is a very yummy, quick protien-filled breakfast...can keep you going until lunch without requiring a 'refill'!

Inga

PS...make sure you cover the bowl with a piece of wax paper, good plastic wrap, or paper towel to control the minor explosions that will undoubtedly occur ;)

Inga

Yes, you must break the yolk. For four or five dollars, you can buy a plastic egg poacher at Bed Bath and Beyond, which will cook two eggs at a time. I bought one of these last year, and it works great! You could then eat the eggs with some microwavable bacon, or put it on toast and make an egg mcmuffin.

Egg Beaters on top of a slice of Canadian Bacon make a great egg mcmuffin-type sandwich. Slide them on top of butter English muffins, top with cheese, excellent.

Scrambled or just poke a hole in the yoke so it doesn't explode. It makes the fluffyest scrambled eggs ever. Perfect for a quick sandwhich with ham.
OK, now I'm hungry :goodvibes
Cheers :wave:

For my solution, you don't need any special gadgets. Won't cost you an arm and a leg to make these. (And to steal a bit from a prior conversation - you won't need a crockpot either! LOL :rotfl2: )

1. Take one paper bowl from the DVC studio cupboard.
2. Break and empty two eggs into the bowl. Disgard shells.
3. Beat eggs with plastic fork, also in DVC studio cupboard.
4. Add some milk or water for volume and salt to taste. Beat again.
5. Microcook on high for 1 minute. Remove and stir. Microwave in 30 sec intervals, stirring between. Repeat as necessary until completely cooked.
6. After eating - if desired - clean bowl out with supplied sponge or discard and call mousekeeping to request additional bowls.

I have never had to cover mine with anything using this method. They don't explode, they don't spray, they don't do anything but cook.

Remember that eggs cook a bit after you remove them from the oven, so they can be slightly soft and be done.

FYI, if you cook eggs or anything else and you want salt or pepper, bring it. These are not supplied any longer. We also bring a 'Hot Shot'. instant hot water "pot". My DW is a tea drinker and this will heat to a boil a mug full in about 30 seconds. This is also good for instant soups or coffee. Cereal is always a quick easy breakfast. There is also a toaster in the studios.

Have a great trip.
:wave2: :wave2: :wave2:

kathleena said:
For my solution, you don't need any special gadgets. Won't cost you an arm and a leg to make these. (And to steal a bit from a prior conversation - you won't need a crockpot either! LOL :rotfl2: )

5. Microcook on high for 1 minute. Remove and stir. Microwave in 30 sec intervals, stirring between. Repeat as necessary until completely cooked.
6. After eating - if desired - clean bowl out with supplied sponge or discard and call mousekeeping to request additional bowls.

I have never had to cover mine with anything using this method. They don't explode, they don't spray, they don't do anything but cook.

Remember that eggs cook a bit after you remove them from the oven, so they can be slightly soft and be done.

OK, Can you please give me the recipe for Veal Saltimboca? ;)
By the way, I did not know they still cook when you take them out of the Micro. Good to know, maybe that's why mine over cook some times. Yeah that's right, I even managed to burn eggs in the micro. Again, the name is Grumpy not Prince Charming ;)

MrGrumpy222 said:
OK, Can you please give me the recipe for Veal Saltimboca? ;)
By the way, I did not know they still cook when you take them out of the Micro. Good to know, maybe that's why mine over cook some times. Yeah that's right, I even managed to burn eggs in the micro. Again, the name is Grumpy not Prince Charming ;)

I will go look up the first one and see if they have it adapted for studio life.

As for the egg still cooking - very true. That's why I cook and stir mine so often - and when there's just a little bit of egg juice left, I take it out and it cooks itself the rest of the way!

Seems to me that Grumpy ended up having a little bit of hidden Prince Charming in him eventually, didn't he? :love:

I've cooked omelets! Put the scrambled mixture onto a paper plate and top with cheese.. When cooked, fold it over. It was great!

The scrambled eggs and omelettes sound good!

You can poach eggs in the microwave. I put a couple cups of water in a casserole, cover, and cook 2 min. Drop the raw eggs in the hot water, salt, pepper and a little butter, cover, cook 1 1/2 min. The yolks will be set but not hard. Pour off the water and eat the eggs.

If I am using quick grits and want to cook them in the microwave, I cook the water 2 min as above., then add the grits, an egg, salt and pepper, and a tiny bit of butter. Cook a minute or a little longer. The advantage is only one dish to wash, which is the only reason I'd cook it this way instead of the usual way on the range top.

kathleena said:

Thanks, this is so great! My husband is always complaining that his eggs never turn out right and I don't want to make them for him all of the time so this morning after reading this I said "this lady on the disboards said you can microwave them" and gave him your instructions! He was amazed at how fluffy they came out and how easy it was.

The things you pick up on the DIS, huh? LOL

This thread cracks me up! (pun intended?) Back in HS, I worked at my local Dunkin' Donuts, and we always microwaved the eggs for the croissant sandwiches. I married a cooking enthusiast, and he was absolutely appalled that I continued to make scrambled eggs this way as an adult. Now I can say, "But you see, honey, it's a survival skill for when we stay at a DVC studio!" (Of course, I was appalled when he used our blender to mix his scrambled eggs, so I guess we're even.)

Anyway, here's a life lesson from my Dunkin' Donuts days: When using a "real" (not paper) bowl, clean up is easiest if you smear melted butter or spray Pam on the inside of the bowl first. If not, trust me, you'll be tempted to follow Kathleena's suggestion to "discard and call mousekeeping to request additional bowls" even when cooking them this way at home!

kathleena said:
I will go look up the first one and see if they have it adapted for studio life.

As for the egg still cooking - very true. That's why I cook and stir mine so often - and when there's just a little bit of egg juice left, I take it out and it cooks itself the rest of the way!

Seems to me that Grumpy ended up having a little bit of hidden Prince Charming in him eventually, didn't he? [/U] [/B] :love:

Don't let that get out Kathleena, I have a reputation to uphold ;)
Thank You by the way, that is the nicest thing anyone has posted about me here. :love2:
Cheers :wave:

Just have to report I bought a plastic egg poacher at Target this week for $1.50. Everyone has been using it for breakfast! Very easy and fast. Eggs turn out great even for DH ;) .

Thanks for the tip in this thread. We'll be packing it for our next BWV studio stay in December.

Another easy but yummy recipe for microwave eggs. Cook until half way done then add feta cheese, a little diced onion, a clove of garlic and leftover chicken, pepper (no need for salt the feta is usually salty enough). This is my favorite. Of course we eat a lot of feta cheese in our salads so there is always some available. We also put feta cheese in our tomato soup. Oh yeah we are talking about eggs not feta cheese. lol

Cheers !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter