**Edit: Sales to resume on 1/17** Disneyland to Resume Selling Select Magic Key Pass Today

The info says discounts aren't available until the pass has been activated. Which I assume means scanned at the park. Does that also apply for hotel discounts? It would be awesome if I could use that discount (if available) for my first visit with a key.
Any experiences with this?

No, you need to have activated the pass.

Assuming your friend's account was tied to a California zip code, then there's just an option your friend overlooked. It's something like "don't see what you're looking for" or something like that I think. It'll bring up anything that's missing like payment plans and the Imagine for those eligible.

Not sure why the payment plan auto shows for some people and others you have to click an option to bring it up. Did that last year too when they first went on sale.
It was weird. We have the same zip code in our accounts. I'm fairly tech savvy. When he couldn't do it, I had him log onto my computer and there was nothing (option, button, nothing.). As a fluke, he had walked out and I logged into my account, and planned on playing with it more, and it popped right up without even looking for it. So then my assistant goes out and yells at him to get back in the office, I figured it out. Just weird.

The info says discounts aren't available until the pass has been activated. Which I assume means scanned at the park. Does that also apply for hotel discounts? It would be awesome if I could use that discount (if available) for my first visit with a key.
Any experiences with this?
If Disneyland works like WDW does, you can have a TA book the AP rate for you if your pass is not active yet. It would just need to be active upon check-in.

So my wife is down there and she says the line for the ticket window is huge, even at 6pm. People all buying or upgrading. Use your phone if you have tickets. I just upgraded hers as we'll be there in March and the cost was a wash. Took 2 minutes using the app.

It was weird. We have the same zip code in our accounts. I'm fairly tech savvy. When he couldn't do it, I had him log onto my computer and there was nothing (option, button, nothing.). As a fluke, he had walked out and I logged into my account, and planned on playing with it more, and it popped right up without even looking for it. So then my assistant goes out and yells at him to get back in the office, I figured it out. Just weird.

Oh it's definitely hidden pretty well. It's like a tiny text on the page towards the top I think? It's REALLY easy to miss.

I only even know about it since so many people ran into the issue last year and talked about it.

There's no rhyme or reason it seems to who it comes up automatically for and who has to hunt for it :confused3

No, you need to have activated the pass.
So if I buy an Inspire pass now, will I still be able to activate when I am down during the blackout period in Dec to use the discounts? I have tickets/reservations for 12-26 through 12-31, but still want to utilize the discounts? I read the T&C and do not see a specific answer. Wondering if I will be able to activate during the blackout period???

So if I buy an Inspire pass now, will I still be able to activate when I am down during the blackout period in Dec to use the discounts? I have tickets/reservations for 12-26 through 12-31, but still want to utilize the discounts? I read the T&C and do not see a specific answer. Wondering if I will be able to activate during the blackout period???

You can activate during the blackout period when you are down here, but you will lose your reservations on your tickets. If you don’t plan to upgrade from a ticket, you can purchase and use your annual pass for the discounts. The year will start the first time you use your pass for a discount, even if it’s during a blockout period.

You can activate during the blackout period when you are down here, but you will lose your reservations on your tickets. If you don’t plan to upgrade from a ticket, you can purchase and use your annual pass for the discounts. The year will start the first time you use your pass for a discount, even if it’s during a blockout period.
I thought that now you can’t use parking benefits or discounts if the pass is blocked? Or did that change?

So my wife is down there and she says the line for the ticket window is huge, even at 6pm. People all buying or upgrading. Use your phone if you have tickets. I just upgraded hers as we'll be there in March and the cost was a wash. Took 2 minutes using the app.
I waited an hour and 20 minutes today so I could upgrade a tier 1 ticket to a tier 6 ticket for my 80-year-old father. The lines were like that all day. It was pretty miserable. I wish Disney would staff up when they know it’s going to be nuts.

Not quite. I think this person plans to use separate tickets for 12/26-12/31 because you can't activate a MK on a blackout day. Disney is very specific that pass "entitlements" are not valid on blackout days, to include parking and discounts. And the only 2 ways to activate a pass are by using it for theme park entry OR a fully paid parking lot entry (which won't work on a blackout day)

From the T&C:

"For a new Pass purchase (not a renewal), a Pass is valid for applicable privileges for one (1) year from the date of use of the Pass for first entry into a Disneyland® Resort theme park or use of the parking benefit on the pass for a fully-paid first entry into a pay-on-entry lot at the Disneyland® Resort.

Pass privileges will not be available until such Pass is activated via park entry or applicable entry into a pay-on-entry lot"

Ugh, I’ve been in queue for 5 hours and the bar says I’m only 1/3 of the way there. It hasn’t moved in an hour.

I joined a second queue on my phone and hope that I’m still in line when I wake up in the morning.

Ironically I didn’t touch base with any social media this morning before work because I was stuck on a needlessly long phone call to DVC this morning- first my alleged 1 min wait was 15 min, then the cast member could not understand my simple request and instead put me on hold forever to try to cancel a reservation that I had already swapped for another date. Apparently behind the scenes my original reservation hadn’t released back into inventory. Instead of addressing my actual issue, she put me on hold for 15 min while she worked to “correct“ the non-issue (from my perspective). Then I was scrambling to get to work on time, no social media at work, and joined the queue after dinner when I noticed the APs were on sale.

Annoying to say the least! They will probably be sold out in the morning but I’m tired of things being so hard with Disney, I’m not staying up all night.

Fingers crossed that they’re still available in the morning. If not, oh well, it’s probably a sign we’re better off without them!

Do we have any thoughts on why Enchant is not being sold? Too many Enchant holders? Going to discontinue Enchant?

Just looking at my friend and family groups: Imagine Keyholders are the most likely to not go to Disneyland at all if an annual pass didn't exist. Enchant Keyholders are the most likely to buy food from outside the park to bring to the park or leave the park to eat. Believe Keyholders are the most willing to spend on table service like Lamplight Lounge and Blue Bayou. All my friends who spend a lot on merch are Dream/Inspire Keyholders. I feel like the Dream Keyholders I know go the most often while attendance was about the same for the other 3 passholder types.

Enchant Keyholders I know have a potential of being convinced to either upgrade to Believe or substitute a few days at Disneyland every other month with a big vacation to Disney World, Disney Cruise or something else Disney related. My guess is that lowering the amount of people with this pass likely has the biggest impact on crowds with the lowest impact on revenues.

I didn't know about this until this evening. I entered the queue at 8:48 pm pst. I'm in for a long wait.

Untitled.jpg

so I went to bed, got a good nights sleep, woke up to find my queue hasn’t moved at all.

there’s no info whatsoever on the DL website, you can’t call.

does anyone know what happened? Did the site crash? Are other people in the same limbo situation that I’m in? Did they sell out? Did they intentionally stop selling overnight?

SO HARD to do the simplest thing with Disney nowadays. Im pushing an 11 hour wait at this point in time, and my queue hasn’t moved at all since 10pm yesterday (for almost 7 hours). Of course people who are in a line which stops moving entirely for 7 hours are going to wonder if there’s a problem.

How hard would it be to post a notice? “The site is down, stay in your queue”. “We stop selling tickets at 10pm and will resume at 6am”. “We are sold out of X Magic Key type”. Or whatever the heck is going on.

so I went to bed, got a good nights sleep, woke up to find my queue hasn’t moved at all.

there’s no info whatsoever on the DL website, you can’t call.

does anyone know what happened? Did the site crash? Are other people in the same limbo situation that I’m in? Did they sell out? Did they intentionally stop selling overnight?

SO HARD to do the simplest thing with Disney nowadays. Im pushing an 11 hour wait at this point in time, and my queue hasn’t moved at all since 10pm yesterday (for almost 7 hours). Of course people who are in a line which stops moving entirely for 7 hours are going to wonder if there’s a problem.

How hard would it be to post a notice? “The site is down, stay in your queue”. “We stop selling tickets at 10pm and will resume at 6am”. “We are sold out of X Magic Key type”. Or whatever the heck is going on.

I would have just closed out the queue and tried again today. This happens every time Disney does these queues. By 24.hours later, it's easy peasy and no wait at all. I'm guessing by 9am PST, the process will be immediate.

I would have just closed out the queue and tried again today. This happens every time Disney does these queues. By 24.hours later, it's easy peasy and no wait at all. I'm guessing by 9am PST, the process will be immediate.

I opened a second queue on my phone when I went to bed around 11pm, and a third on a desktop at 6am today. (My original queue is on my IPad). So far none of them have moved at all. So I did “try again” on three different devices, no luck.

Obviously folks having 3 queues open on multiple devices is just going to slow the process down further (each queue spot has 10 min to get to the site to purchase).

I guess leaving the queue to purchase at another time might make sense- unless they sell out. I personally haven’t heard any word as to how many passes they will sell this time, and the queue warns that Magic Passes are available in limited supply and could be gone by the time your queue spot becomes available. So leaving the queue doesn’t seem like the greatest move, either. However, it may happen because life must be lived and I can’t devote a full day to trying to obtain a theme park pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter