Ecv Rental Help

Have you thought about how you’re going to get it inside your RV to charge? And will you even have room in there and still be able to safely move around. Lastly, will the electrical in your motorhome handle having a scooter’s power supply plugged in without overloading any circuits? (It would be bad to wake up and find the breaker was tripped overnight when someone turned on the light in the bathroom or something, and so the scooter never charged 😕).

Hope everything works out for your family, and you have an awesome trip. 🤩
A word of caution on this last trip last week. I plugged my scooter in the hallway outside my room one night, and next morning found out the resort shuts off power to the outlets overnight from about 11pm - 6am. I assume they do that just to keep people from charging in the hallways, and storing items out side their rooms. I thought my scooter was charging overnight until I nearly ran out of power the next day. After an investigation I found out what happened, and for the rest of the trip I charged the scooter inside my room. Never had another issue. Another word of caution I almost plugged my scooter into an outlet that was cut off by a switch inside the room when you shut off the lights. Very important to check that the outlet still has power after shutting the lights off in the room. Luckily we rented them from Gold Mobility with the big extended range batteries it made two full days with limited charging. They recently replaced the rentals, and all four of us ended up with brand new scooters.

Have you thought about how you’re going to get it inside your RV to charge? And will you even have room in there and still be able to safely move around. Lastly, will the electrical in your motorhome handle having a scooter’s power supply plugged in without overloading any circuits? (It would be bad to wake up and find the breaker was tripped overnight when someone turned on the light in the bathroom or something, and so the scooter never charged 😕).

Hope everything works out for your family, and you have an awesome trip. 🤩
I know a lot of campgrounds have outlets outside that they could plug into, but that will only work if it isn't raining, as you wouldn't want to leave the scooter and charger out in the rain, but I am sure there are other options.

A word of caution on this last trip last week. I plugged my scooter in the hallway outside my room one night, and next morning found out the resort shuts off power to the outlets overnight from about 11pm - 6am. I assume they do that just to keep people from charging in the hallways, and storing items out side their rooms. I thought my scooter was charging overnight until I nearly ran out of power the next day. After an investigation I found out what happened, and for the rest of the trip I charged the scooter inside my room. Never had another issue. Another word of caution I almost plugged my scooter into an outlet that was cut off by a switch inside the room when you shut off the lights. Very important to check that the outlet still has power after shutting the lights off in the room. Luckily we rented them from Gold Mobility with the big extended range batteries it made two full days with limited charging. They recently replaced the rentals, and all four of us ended up with brand new scooters.
Well, that is good they are doing something about this, leaving them out in the hallways to charge overnight causes all sorts of issues with blocking hallways, etc. not to mention it isn't very secure. But the resort should be making it clear that you can't leave stuff out in the hallway.

When we were at Riviera, someone kept leaving a single wide stroller in the hallway and it made it difficult to get past on a scooter.

Well, that is good they are doing something about this, leaving them out in the hallways to charge overnight causes all sorts of issues with blocking hallways, etc. not to mention it isn't very secure. But the resort should be making it clear that you can't leave stuff out in the hallway.

When we were at Riviera, someone kept leaving a single wide stroller in the hallway and it made it difficult to get past on a scooter.

At the Swan they told me to park it in the hallway to charge. That that is why they have the outlets in the hallway. Maybe they prefer that to someone banging into furniture or rearranging it. Who knows?

At the Swan they told me to park it in the hallway to charge. That that is why they have the outlets in the hallway. Maybe they prefer that to someone banging into furniture or rearranging it. Who knows?

Swan is also not a Disney Resort, even though it is within WDW.

It's really not a problem to keep both of them in our room anyway. There was plenty of room.

We had used Gold. But aside from cost etc. note what the scooter looks like. The one we had had a high back and a head rest. I saw some scooters with a much lower back. This may be important to you. DH was glad he had one with a head rest.

We had used Gold. But aside from cost etc. note what the scooter looks like. The one we had had a high back and a head rest. I saw some scooters with a much lower back. This may be important to you. DH was glad he had one with a head rest.
Every single scooter we have rented from Gold in excellent or new condition. The high back seat is the most comfortable out of all the companies we ever used. I put a bag pack on the back of the seat to to hold all of our stuff.

Every single scooter we have rented from Gold in excellent or new condition. The high back seat is the most comfortable out of all the companies we ever used. I put a bag pack on the back of the seat to to hold all of our stuff.
How did you attach the bag?

It attached below the headrest and over the 2 sides of the seat back. Used 3 small bungee cords for quick removal. The one in the picture is the one I used.

Attachments

• backpack for scooter.jpeg
    backpack for scooter.jpeg
    50.4 KB · Views: 2
I used a scooter for the first time in May 2021. I loved it. I had severely sprained my ankle two weeks before our trip. I used ScooterBug. I was worried about basically everything having never had to use a scooter before. It was all great. Picked up my scooter from Scooterbug at Bell Services at Art of Animation. It was ready and waiting for me. I chose that company because I wanted to be able to just pickup and drop off at bell services. On our departure day we were driving and leaving at like 4am. So I needed to be able to just drop it off ahead of time. Not have to schedule pickup etc.
My disability is invisible and developmental and does not affect my mobility much. What it does affect is my energy. I’m also having some health problems this past year. So I’ve decided to again use a scooter as I had so much more energy and wasn’t cranky and hurting so much at the end of the night. I rented from ScooterBug again since I had not had any problems the last time. Hope that helps.

I have only rented from Gold Mobility! I rent the 3 wheel Pride Victory 10 which is pretty heavy duty but very maneuverable! just as an example for 13 days in September it's going to cost me $260.00 tax included for 13 days...plus the scooter automatically comes with Phone Charger, Phone holder, USB port, Cup Holder, undercarriage lighting and best of all a FAN that's plugged into the scooter! If you need to transport them yourself it can be done by taking them apart but the pieces are heavy. I used the same scooter last year for 3 weeks and never had an ounce of problem with it....plugged it in every night, no problem with charging and lasted me all day running around up and down hills with still lots of charge left when I went back to the hotel. when they come pick it up they are on time.....I won't ever used another company! hope that helps! HAVE FUN!!!

We will be able to charge the ecv from the 20 amp plug on the electric box where we plug in the rv. We did this the last time we visited the fort and it worked perfectly. We just parked the ecv under the awning at night and ran an extension cord to the ecv, and covered the ecv with a plastic tarp. This time we will be parking our enclosed trailer that we use for the golf cart behind the rv on the campsite, so we can park the ecv in the trailer at night and plug in.

Hope everything works out for your family, and you have an awesome trip.

I have only rented from Gold Mobility! I rent the 3 wheel Pride Victory 10 which is pretty heavy duty but very maneuverable! just as an example for 13 days in September it's going to cost me $260.00 tax included for 13 days...plus the scooter automatically comes with Phone Charger, Phone holder, USB port, Cup Holder, undercarriage lighting and best of all a FAN that's plugged into the scooter! If you need to transport them yourself it can be done by taking them apart but the pieces are heavy. I used the same scooter last year for 3 weeks and never had an ounce of problem with it....plugged it in every night, no problem with charging and lasted me all day running around up and down hills with still lots of charge left when I went back to the hotel. when they come pick it up they are on time.....I won't ever used another company! hope that helps! HAVE FUN!!!
Agreed they are our choice also! Best we have ever rented.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter