Ecv Rental Help

Hockeytchr

Go for it, have fun, and relax
I'm looking for some information on which companies to rent an ecv from, who's reputable and who's not. Price ranges, types of ecv's and also which companies off drop off and pick up onsite. We are staying at Ft. Wilderness from June 22 until Jun 29th. We will have our motorhome and golf cart, so we don't really have a way to go outside of the campground to pick up an ecv. The ecv would be for my mom who's elderly and has issues with walking long distances and standing for long periods of time. The last time we were at Disney/Ft. Wilderness, mom rented from a company off-site who delivered to the Fort and picked up at the Fort on our arrival and departure days. Can someone give me some advice or point me in the right direction?

ScooterBug is the only vendor allowed to utilize Bell Services. All other vendors will arrange to meet you in person at the resort.

I booked with Golds Mobility. Great service. They messaged me the day of arrival to make sure I was still on time.

My huge problem with Disney using Scooterbug is that they are not accredited with the BBB. Not sure why Disney picked them, but on the surface it doesn't appear to be because they are the best. Just my opinion, but I wouldn't use them.

The past few years I've used Gold mobility and had great service from them. I used to rent from Buena Vista scooters and their equipment went downhill and I usually had a problem with something loose or squeaking and they were not nice about fixing the problem. I haven't used them in awhile so perhaps they upgraded their fleet. I've stayed with Gold because of how great they are with customer service. They've extended my rental by a day and never asked me to pay, etc. They're responsive when I've emailed or called.

As mentioned only Scooterbug can drop off with the bell services at Disney resorts. I saw tons of their scooters sitting outside the bell service area at AS Movies on my trip this past December and the equipment looked like it was in decent shape overall but I don't know how it drives of course!

I recommend renting a 3 wheel vs. 4 wheel just because they're easier to handle - the turning radius is so much better.

Our last two rentals have been from Scooterbug, the last one ending just this past Wednesday. Both rentals went without a hitch, and we will be renting from them in April. It’s very convenient picking up and dropping off at Bell Services.

People say a disadvantage with anyone except Scooterbug is that they have to meet you. However, Gold Mobility keeps in such great contact with you as you get there, so they time the meeting well. Last time they met me as I stepped out of my Uber, instead of the usual 5-10 minute wait! And they usually time my pick-up so that I just turn around and call for an Uber after they pick up. And you have the opportunity to ask every question you might have, and they point out all the features.

I rented from Gold when I was staying at WDW resorts and when staying at PBH. Delivery from bell services is much more convenient. It is not realistic, nor accurate, to think Gold is able to time it so all customers will be met by a Gold delivery rep mminutes after arriving at their resort.

Ease of delivery, and return, is only one factor in deciding who to rent from

they are not accredited with the BBB
A business can't get "accredited" without paying for a membership. BBB will rate all businesses, whether accredited or not. There apparently are 2 listings for ScooterBug and Scooter Bug. With exact opposite ratings. Hmmm... makes me question the validity of the BBB ratings.

A business can't get "accredited" without paying for a membership. BBB will rate all businesses, whether accredited or not. There apparently are 2 listings for ScooterBug and Scooter Bug. With exact opposite ratings. Hmmm... makes me question the validity of the BBB ratings.
I was going to say the same thing. Being accredited is an optional service that businesses can apply for.

I rented two scooters for my elderly parents last December from Gold Mobility. They were great. They called me about 5 minutes or so before they arrived at our resort. We met them at the front of the resort and they showed my parents how to use the scooters. They were in beautiful shape and looked new. We never had any problems during our trip and they picked them up when we had arranged for the pickup. Once again, they called to give us a heads up that they would shortly be there. I wouldn't hesitate to rent from them again.

Gold Mobility will meet you when you arrive or whenever you prefer (unless it is after hours, then you may need to wait until the next morning). Honestly, it is usually faster than waiting 30+ minutes for bell services. They also have better prices, include the captains chair on the Victory 10, include cup holder, fan, cell phone holder, damage and theft insurance at no extra cost. Do not underestimate the value of those last two items or the captains chair that is so much more comfortable than the regular chair, especially by the end of the day.

So if price comparing, be sure to add in any of those features that would be important to you.

Just in case anyone is considering Scooterbug, they are totally booked up until May. I called today to try and rent for our upcoming March trip and the representative didn't even look at anything, just responded immediately that they are booked up from now until May.

Gold Mobility has availability again beginning as of today, so that may be an issue, but whomever you are booking through, book early, as the crowds are coming and they are all selling out.

I’ve rented from Scooterbug and Gold mobility in the past and had good experiences with both companies. I prefer Gold just bc they include a lot of nice extras like phone holder, usb for charging, basket, insurance, fan, etc. Meeting them has never been an issue bc their communication is excellent and they have always been there as soon as I got off magical express. I’ve used them 3 or 4 times and had the same experience each time.

My entire family uses Gold Mobility Scooters for every trip. Easy meet up and excellent quality of scooters.

I’m also a fan of Gold Mobility. I’ve used them now about 3 or 4 times and have always been very satisfied. Never a problem and very good customer service.

Just in case anyone is considering Scooterbug, they are totally booked up until May. I called today to try and rent for our upcoming March trip and the representative didn't even look at anything, just responded immediately that they are booked up from now until May.
I called today for April3-10, and was able to get two ECVS. They didn’t have any Resort Lite, but we did get two Resort ECV.

I called today for April3-10, and was able to get two ECVS. They didn’t have any Resort Lite, but we did get two Resort ECV.
We use Gold Mobility and they still has availability, but they sending out email notices saying that they are nearly sold out across the next 3-4 months. So if you need a rental scooter this year no matter where you plan to rent it I strongly recommend getting it set up asap.

We will have our motorhome and golf cart, so we don't really have a way to go outside of the campground to pick up an ecv.
Have you thought about how you’re going to get it inside your RV to charge? And will you even have room in there and still be able to safely move around. Lastly, will the electrical in your motorhome handle having a scooter’s power supply plugged in without overloading any circuits? (It would be bad to wake up and find the breaker was tripped overnight when someone turned on the light in the bathroom or something, and so the scooter never charged 😕).

Hope everything works out for your family, and you have an awesome trip. 🤩

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter