ECV Accidernt at MK

Fºoºz;44177694 said:
Well put!

Easy to understand ... thank you!

Y O W Z E R S !!!

I came to this board as will be renting an ECV for my DW ...

... but in trying to read through this post to get some idea of what to expect for my DW in using an ECV etc, instead it has given me a colossal :headache: ----

... and taking into account, the OP's (hope you are doing well) and other's experiences re: the buses ...

... and even though we ARE staying on-site ...

I AM GOING TO RENT A :car: for me, my DW and her ECV - 'nuff said.

I have been reading the various threads about ECV and Disney transportation for some time now since due to my COPD and other health problems, I can not walk long distances and decided this trip I would rent an ECV. I have used a WC on my last visit 3 years ago and only once had a problem using the bus system but with the changes and uncertainty of what the policy for boarding the buses might be, we will be renting a car to avoid the issues with the busing system.
We are staying at BWI so that it will only be necessary to use Disney transportation to MK and DTD, not visiting AK this trip but decided renting a car should alleviate the need to use the buses at all, thereby hopefully causing a less stressful vacation. I do have a handicap placard so with any luck we will be able to park close at TTC and DTD.

I just do not feel comfortable using Disney Transportation given the current situation with bus loading.

So able-bodied people are offended that diabled people get the "advantage" of boarding first? They should remember that THEY have the 'advantage" of having a body that works like it's supposed to. Everyone gets an "advantage." Sounds equal to me.

So able-bodied people are offended that diabled people get the "advantage" of boarding first? They should remember that THEY have the 'advantage" of having a body that works like it's supposed to. Everyone gets an "advantage." Sounds equal to me.

As well as the advantage of UNLOADING first!

As well as the advantage of UNLOADING first!

I think offended is going a little bit to far. Most people seam to get annoyed when a wheelchair pulls up 30 seconds after a bus arrives with a full line of people.

perhaps the issue is that Disney simply needs a LOT more buses.

period.

Now, I might get shot, but hear me out- first, when are you going? Your ticker looks like mine, so I'm guessing late September/early October? My parents, when they go together, rent ECVs offsite and use the buses, and they've not had any problems, and usually go either when you're going or between Thanksgiving and Christmas when it's considered "slow".

Now, granted, this was before the shift in the bus lines and the queues, but we ran into only one problem the entire trip we took together about 5 years ago, and it wasn't my parents fault, it was the person who decided to walk behind my dad as he was backing the ECV in turtle mode in Ecpot. :hippie:

They've gone on many solo trips without us, renting ECVs, staying on-site and using the buses, and have had no problems at all, but again, not with the recent changes. The bus drivers and other CMs couldn't be nicer- it was the guests that had the attitudes and issues. They did take what my dad calls "phaser to stun" methods- making sure that they knew how to handle their rented ECVs before the company rep left, keeping them on turtle speed or slightly higher, and always waiting out crowds from shows like Wishes, Fantasmic, FOTLK, etc. before even trying to leave.

The parking can be problematic as well with a specialized car- when my mom and I go, we have her handicapped placard as she can't walk long distances, and at times there are very few spots left in the medical or handicapped parking, and we're NOT looking for one that will let you have the extra back or side space for an ECV. :confused3 And with MK, you'll still have to board the ferry or the monorail to get to the park- the buses actually get you closer.

However, I fully support not using the buses- I like my AC when I want it, and not standing in long lines! :goodvibes

YMMV! :flower3:

My DLD (Dear Little Doggie) :dog: will ensure no harm comes to you :thumbsup2

I think I like your father and his "phaser to stun" analogy ... :rotfl:

LiveLong-Preview.png

Yes, we will be heading down to Orlando in late September and will likely do WDW before our B2B cruises. I remember the convenience we had with a car the last time we stayed at WDW almost 10 years ago. We did the occassional buses and remember how long it took sometimes to catch a bus, particularly when it is busy. And this was when my DW was fully mobile ... and healthy.

I like the idea though that when she is in pain or is exhausted and needs to go back to the resort that I can go and get the car instead of waiting for a bus ... and if the bus is full, then waiting for another. Like you, DW likes (needs) AC and not waiting in long lines :thumbsup2 ... and if she comes across any rude or ignorant people, then watch out :darth: ... so better to get a car ;)

Thanks for your thoughtful response pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter